Round Robin Story A

"Please, Anthony. I'll start arranging things tomorrow, I promise."
"This is your last chance Matina. If I find out you are doing what you did last time, I swear, there'll be big trouble" he finished.

Sam left his "husband" to do what he needs to do.

Aurora Illusions said:
I think you are both magnificent. This story has me checking back every few hours to see an update :nut

Thank you very much for all of your kind words. If you would ever like to post a story contribution, then it'll be welcome.

As Anthony picked up his pen and returned to the newspaper, Sam returned to the kitchen. Sam could see Al bent over, while all three children were still huddled around the handlink.

"Al, could I see you for a moment."

"Sure, Sam." Al whispered something to the children that Sam was too far away to hear, and then walked over and whispered to Sam: "Did it work?"

"Yes, it did. I told him I would arrange an adoption for them. Al, do you know where the nearest adoption center is?"

Al clicked on his handlink, and Sam could see the children giggle as it made all sorts of funny noises. "Here's the nearest one, along with a phone number." Sam quickly looked through the nearby drawers for a pen and notepad, and wrote the telephone number down.

"Thanks Al. Could you watch the kids a bit longer?"

Aurora Illusions said:
Whaaaat?? :O
To be very honest, I don't know what she means by that either? I thought you may have known, so I didn't say anything. Care to clarify this, Crow? Because to be honest, that was sort of my reaction as well. :\

Although I believe that it's a compliment. Right?

Last edited:
:eek:

Oh, I see what you mean. When you put it like that, I can see it as being a phrase of endearment. Like she's so nice, you want to adopt her. But you don't really, it's just that she's so nice you would if you were in a situation approrpriate to do so. I'm starting to confuse myself, and probably misinform somebody else, so I'm going to just edge away from this explanation.

By the way, your turn to post a story contribution.

:eek:

Sam left and Al was left alone with the three children, and started being "interviewed" by the eldest child. "What's it like in the future? Are there aliens and flying cars?"
"Well er... not yet, but we're wroking on it", Al answers.
Then she started asking questions about her future, "Who do I get married to? Do I have kids? Will I be married to a prince?"
Al's smile turned into a look of sadness and sorrow.

Sam return Al's look with a sympathetic smile, before walking over to the nearby telephone. He picked it up and dialed the telephone number that Al gave him.

"St. Joseph's Adoption Center. How may I help you?"

"I'm about to have twins, and I would like to put them up for adoption."

As Sam was on the telephone, Al was having his own problems. He had to tell these children something, but without giving enought information to alter the future beyond what Sam was doing. Besides, he knew that he couldn't tell them their current future.

"Well... Uh... I'm not allowed to give out that information," Al said, trying to hurry and change the subject. "Hey, would you all like to see what this handlink can do?"

A chorus of "yes"es was his response. "Alright then. Watch this." At this, Al made a hologram of a cat appear. The children were in awe, their faces aglow in both wonder and confusion as to what they had just witnessed.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Al said as he turned around and glanced at Sam, hoping that he was doing a good job to make sure the family stayed together.

Aww its ok. I think I thought of it more as a "Hey, a new member- I don't trust her/want to keep her around" Sorta joking..thing. Then after talking with and complementing you guys its more of a "Hey..she isn't too bad..lets keep her after all" Sorta thing. Or at least thats how my mind works xD Unless i didn't get it right and in that case i have an accuse cause its early morning and i haven't slept yet.

Either way: be happy your mind doesn't work like mine :b Your still a MUCH better writer then me..so you can't be stupid, right? :D

I hope y'all don't mind if I jump in here...

As Sam puts the phone back in its cradle, he motions Al over. "I have an appointment with them tomorrow at one."

"That's great, Sam," Al said. He smacks his hand link with the ball of his hand. "It looks like things have changed in favor of the twins... but only by 12%. You're gonna have to... "

"I know, I know... make a good impression tomorrow."

"You got it," Al said.

The next day, Sam walks up the sidewalk toward the adoption center. He looks down to check the time as he approaches the door, it flies open and nearly hits him. A well-dressed couple rushes out.

Sam sidesteps and mumbles, "Sorry. Excuse me."

The woman locks eyes with him, but Sam tears his gaze away and instinctively puts his hands over his belly. Her eyes narrow. The husband puts his hand on her arm.

"Maddie..." he says.

Maddie looks intently at Sam. "Pardon me, but are you... ?"

Sam nods.

Maddie looks at her husband and back at Sam, a slow smile creeps onto her face.

Last edited:
Oh boy... where's my edit button??? I misspelled a few things and need to change my tense on one thing.

Ack!

Whew! Found that edit button and fixed the boo boos.

Last edited:
The way my mind works, if I meet somone I've never met before, I don't like nor hate them. After a while when I get a chance to know them I decide whether they're okay or not.

I had doubts about the forum before joining because often when I join a forum, I find that most, (if not, all others) who's there are real ********s towards me, but this forum turned out okay.

Oh, lord, it sounds like you've had bad past-forum experiences as well. I've only had one, but I didn't actually register for it, so I can't really say I experienced it.

Anyways, I'm dying to see how Sam's Crow picks up where I left off, because I think I left it a little to vague. I don't think I really gave any direction, so you can kind of take this next post and veer the story in a variety of directions.

Al turned around as he heard Sam say, "Okay, thanks very much. Bye." Sam smiled at Al and gave him thumbs up.

Sorry Ohboy but whenever doing RR contributions I'm used to doing short entries.

Sam's Crow,

So sorry, but when my posts were approved (I had to get past the newb thing, ya know), it displaced your last entry.

Yikes.

No worries, Dee. It's great to have as many contributers as possible. Besides, anyone who has been following the story should know that it's out of order. If it makes you feel better, then:

Sam's Crow

Al turned around as he heard Sam say, "Okay, thanks very much. Bye." Sam smiled at Al and gave him thumbs up.
Deelicious

As Sam puts the phone back in its cradle, he motions Al over. "I have an appointment with them tomorrow at one."

"That's great, Sam," Al said. He smacks his hand link with the ball of his hand. "It looks like things have changed in favor of the twins... but only by 12%. You're gonna have to... "

"I know, I know... make a good impression tomorrow."

"You got it," Al said.

The next day, Sam walks up the sidewalk toward the adoption center. He looks down to check the time as he approaches the door, it flies open and nearly hits him. A well-dressed couple rushes out.

Sam sidesteps and mumbles, "Sorry. Excuse me."

The woman locks eyes with him, but Sam tears his gaze away and instinctively puts his hands over his belly. Her eyes narrow. The husband puts his hand on her arm.

"Maddie..." he says.

Maddie looks intently at Sam. "Pardon me, but are you... ?"

Sam nods.

Maddie looks at her husband and back at Sam, a slow smile creeps onto her face.
Besides, this thread has veered off topic many times. I'm thinking at the end of this page of attaching a document in which is simply the stories in chronological order, since I'm sure it may be confusing. Or at the start of the new page (which by my default is every 25 posts).

And Sam's Crow, don't worry about short postings. You've been active here since the beginning, and have made many important plot contributions.

Have some work to do, thought I would post something to keep the story going. It's going to be short for now.

"And your going in to..." the man asked.

"Yes, I am." Sam asked, excited about what this appeared to be heading towards.

"Can we talk?" the woman asked Sam.

Thanks for being patient. Alright, now for the rest...

The woman ushered Sam to the side of the building. The man with her was followed close behind.

"You see, dear, how do I put this..."

Sam knew this could be his golden oppotunity. "You would like to be the adoptive parents of my children?" Sam hinted.

"Bluntly put, yes, we would," the woman responded.

"We've waited for so long," the man started. "Your children could bring so much joy in our lives."

Sam smiled. If all went well, he could leap out of her in a matter of minutes.

Aurora Illusions said:
Wow they aren't even surprised at the 'children'..as opposed to 'child'? =O
:eek

Oh lord... I need to stop doing posts at 9:30 and later at night...Of course I won't stop, but I should. :nut

If anyone kicks up a fuss and would really like me to change that, I will, other wise, I'll just call it a blooper. ;)

Last edited:
The woman infront of Sam looked down, "You see, for about five years we've been trying for one of our own. About a year and a half ago I managed to get pregnant" she made eye contact with Sam, "Ten months passed and I gave birth, but as I did so... complications developed, and the baby was still born. I was advised not to get pregnant again as it would cause too much strain on my womb."
"I'm so sorry to here that, Mrs. Bulyamia", Sam spoke softly.

My first instinct was for the woman to ask "How do you know my name!?!", but I figure that, like Aurora pointed out about the people not batting an eye to the mention of twins, this too was a "blooper". ;) After all, we're not stuffy like that in this story, right?

Unless, of course, the name was mentioned earlier, but I don't think so.

Mr. Bulyamia came up, holding a notepad and a pen. "Maddie, how about we give you our telephone number, so we can stay in contact."

"That'd be great!" Sam said, a little more excited than he had meant to.

"Should we get your phone number as well?" Mrs. Bulyamia asked.

"Uh.. Sure..." Sam started, unsure as to what that was.

"555-7469" a familar voice said behind Sam. Sam didn't even hear Al leap in.

"Uh... 555-7469," Sam echoed.

"Great," Mr. Bulyamia said, as they exchanged phone numbers. "Well, shall we go inside?"

By the way, I don't really know a lot about adoption proceedings work, so I'm just going to let someone else take this next scene.

Well Sam was probably told the names of the adoptive parents on the phone. I have no clue how adoption proceedings work either so...

They went inside and sat down. "We often get turned down for adoption" the man started.

Sam's Crow said:
Well Sam was probably told the names of the adoptive parents on the phone. I have no clue how adoption proceedings work either so...

They went inside and sat down. "We often get turned down for adoption" the man started.

Shows how stupid I am :cry. I thought they met on accident. Lord, this has been a long week. :nut Anyways, anyone know how these things work, otherwise I'll have to muddle through this...