1028 Leap to the Rescue, Part III

Leap to the Rescue, Part III

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Leap to the Rescue, Part III
March 30, 2001

A hospital in Illinois

When Sam leaps into a Welsh student at South Illinois University, it is a long way from being all beer and skittles! What sounds in theory like "a walk in the park" turns into one of Sam's most arduous leaps.

Written by: Helen Earl

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.5

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
At first I hadn?t fully realized that this story would surely be remembered as another VS ?milestone?? But what an awesome conclusion!!!

The amount of Sam?s guilt is somehow unwarranted, but nevertheless so easy to understand- we know him so well by now. And what a brilliant way to solve the ?void seat at PQL? issue, i.e. who?ll finally be in Sinjin?s shoes, which had remained vague for a few weeks. This Professor Lofton should bring some very exciting situations in the future. Last but not least, THE ?physical? reunion? This ain?t the first time I shed a tear watching or reading QL (and surely this won?t be the last, I hope!) but this scene is really special ? so it brought even more tears than usual? Such moments of comfort are so rare in the ?life of a Leaper?, and this one was well-deserved after all these weeks of pain, horror, deaths & various threats. Now let?s hope Sam?s Swiss-cheesed mind allows him to remember and treasure it, like Al will.

In my review for Pt 1 I?d somehow complained not being able to judge the story as a whole, without knowing its further developments. But after its completion, I reckon I must follow Seeker?s steps and rate it with the only 2-digit number we?re allowed to use:

Considering the awesome quality of her work in VS10, I now would like to officially welcome Helen Earl in the ?VS Authors? Hall of Fame?.

Cheers!

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate LEAP TO THE RESCUE, Part III an 8 (This was a good story. It is a good read.)

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
Now that I?ve read all 3 parts, I can honestly say that the entire story was well thought out. Helen has a knack for making sure her stories are as true-to-life as possible. I thought the intersection with ?Running for Justice? was a nice twist to the story. I?ll admit, I read the tag a few weeks back, so I knew a past VS episode was going to be a factor somehow, but I didn?t know exactly how. (I probably wouldn?t have known otherwise, I haven?t read that story in a while.) It was also nice seeing Gooshie again, even though he was a blink-and-miss cameo.

And I like Dom Lofton too. I think he and Aurora will make fine additions to the PQL staff!

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
One of the marks of a well-written story is that the reader willingly accepts the invitation to suspend his or her disbelief to enter into the story. Leap To The Rescue?all 3 parts? had, in essence, ?engraved invitation? written all over it. Rich description, great dialogue and characterization. You handled this intricate story masterfully, Helen. Well done indeed.

Now, as for ratings, well, I don?t give out ?10s? willy-nilly, but when they are deserved, I don?t hesitate. So?

You know how they say that good things come in 3s? Well, here?s the ?third jewel?, Helen?

Rating: 10. You?ve earned all 3 of them. Brava!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
Brava!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1028 Leap To The Rescue Part III

(Originally posted by Dman176)

MINOR SPOILER WARNING!

Well, I have to say, this was a most unique turn of events. I didn't quite see that "reunion" with "our" Sam and "old" Al coming, and I'm actually a bit jealous? wish I'D have thought of that! (I guess that makes up for the pseudo-reunion that "our" Al had with "old" Sam in "Second Genesis, Part II".) :p

So, Dominic Lofton is now the new head programmer of PQL. Hopefully, he'll be here to stay for the foreseeable future? granted no sort of "great disaster" befalls the Project anytime soon? :eek

Well done, Helen! Once again, I bow in your presence! :)

Damon