Linking of episodes

• Thread starter MonicaBriggsBeckett
  • Start date
M

MonicaBriggsBeckett

How do the episodes get linked together? Do two writers work together? Or is it a pass around story, where one writer writes where the others left off?

Monica & Andrew

How do the episodes get linked together? Do two writers work together? Or is it a pass around story, where one writer writes where the others left off?

Very good question! ;)

Ok.

Linking them together...

Normally, one story just ends with Sam leaping out. What we have done, is given the audience a teaser of what is going to happen next week - you know, just like they do on TV - the prelude of the next story where Sam just leaps in... up to the point of where he says "Oh boy!"

Now, if you are talking about when the story is written by two people... it can be done a number of ways. You can go back and forth - like roleplay and put it all together in the end; or you can have someone write a bit and then the other person writes some. Either way is fine. Just make sure that you have a 3rd party to read it before you send it in. AJ and I like it to where we can read a story without having major problems with it. Odd enough... something that you spend a lot of time on - you don't see the errors that you put in it. And when that 3rd person looks at it... they are more able to see the mistakes and catch things that you might miss.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

:)

Well, how do we know who write the next episode? Also, how do we get somebody to read our story?

Also, Andrew is my brother (notice the male angel reference I nicknamed him), so we live together. I think he wants to keep an eye on me. He's also a leaper fan, though! Just not as big of a fan as I am, I think.

Monica (Andrew is away from the computer finally!!)

Well, how do we know who write the next episode? Also, how do we get somebody to read our story?

Well, both you and Andrew can tell for sure in the story lineup who is the writer for the next week. That is one way to tell for sure who the writer is. Normally, I do not put the author of the tail end for the next story.

How to get someone else to read the story... well... once you have it all finally finished and ready for someone else to read, you can send it to me or to AJ Burfield or to BOTH of us. Eventually, we both will read it and that will be 2 people who looks at the story. :)

Thanks!

Hi, Monica, I'll try and expand a bit on what MJ said:

Basically, MJ and AJ have the Virtual Seasons set up just like the original series. Most episodes always ended with the leap-in for the next episode, which is essentially the Prologue to the next episode (usually written by a different writer). What MJ and AJ do is decide where those episodes could fit into the season lineup, and they edit the leap-ins accordingly, in the same way that Don Bellisario did in the original series.

I'm also a relative newcomer to the Virtual Seasons, however I have recently managed to catch up over the past several months, so I can update you on a few details to keep in mind when and if you want to write for it:

First of all, the most obvious detail being that all stories take place after "Mirror Image," which means that Al and Beth are together and have 4 daughters.
Al also has another daughter with Lisa Sherman, who now also has a child.
Gooshie is dead and has been replaced by Edward St. John VI (NOT St. John V from "A Leap for Lisa," but his son).
Sam has an 8-year old son Stephen, with Donna, who was born 9 months after Sam's first leap in 1995.
And the evil leapers are sort of out of the picture now, however, other leapers always seem to pop up eventually. (In fact, there just might be a new character showing up this coming season that will turn Sam's world upside-down. *shameless plug*) ;)

The best thing to do is go to the main site, click on the Introduction link, and then go to The Story Thus Far. That should give you all of the major events that have occured in the series so far. Not sure if the Ninth Season update is up yet, but it should be soon enough. Good luck writing!

Thanks Damon! *grin*

I saw that shameless plug. Ohhhhhh boy! What have I created! I know... a monster! OY!

As Damon has graciously pointed out... if you can find their email address either here or on the authors page... I even believe that (if they aren't busy and don't mind - I have not asked so don't get upset if they say no) even some of our authors will read your story. :) We have such a good bunch of people here! I LOVE working with all of them!

Does Sam remember his son or wife? On the show, he remembers crap and is totally clueless. I guess that's why Sam is able to do it with some babes his age. :eek

Andrew

Sam doesn't normally remember much of anything from the Project. He definitely doesn't seem to remember specifics about Donna or Stephen. I'll let MJ answer for sure about that, though.

Joy

PS: Love the ID... TBAA rocks!

TBAA

I don't care for the Angels. Monica loves them, though. She named me Andrew last night, much against my wishes. She thinks just cause she has an Angel name, I hafta have one too. It's too goodie-goodie for my tastes. Well, that and 7th Heaven (or as I call it 6th Hell). QL is goodie-goodie too, but I like Al better than Sam (my sister likes Sam better, but I think she just has a crush on him). Just Andrew is The Angel of Death on the show, and anything with death in the name kinda sounds goth (but not really Andrew being one because he's too damn angelic). I'm not gonna be another Briggs-Beckett, cause that's lame, especially since my sister is already one.

Also, Joy, Monica told me that your the other teen here. Are you?

Andrew

Re: TBAA

As Joy said... only certain episodes (like the one with Donna) that Sam remembers her or the episode that was written where at the VERY end, he gets to see his son right before leaping out. Very sad but .... no does not remember them in any of the leaps. Sorry. We keep with canon on that.

Ohhh and yuppers, Joy (TinaAlsGirl5) is a teen.

I myself am 32... but have a young YOUNG heart. :p