Old 05-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #26
cazamaree
PQL Visitor

it doesnt take much to make me cry. I cried in quite a lot of them but the main ones are MIA, Shock theatre, jimmy, mirror image, and of the leap home part 1 & 2. but i cried the most in MIA.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:44 AM   #27
SuperSam
PQL Visitor

Freedom was quite upseting.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:03 AM   #28
howlinmad
PQL Visitor

Hello guys, first post here. While I've been reading for a while, I finally decided to go ahead and make an account for this thread.

I was actually thinking about this the other day after watching (I think on Sci-Fi) A Leap Between the States and Mirror Image.
Many of the episodes really leave me feeling pretty good about things, but these two inparticular kinda get to me, and really for some of the same reasons.

The opening scene in Leap Between the States, Sam has leapt into the middle of the battle, and pretty much a living hell. Just something about the way he calls out to Al. I just always felt this wasn't just for a guide out of the line of fire, but looking for help from the friend who he counted most on.

In Mirror Image, where Sam is telling Al about all the things he had seen, and what he thought was happening, etc....The look on Al's face and his concern for Sam, who he thought was about to crack. And his promise to get Sam out of there, whatever it took. And finally the wrong Sam felt he had to put right.

I actually have a friend who I've known just about all my life. Growing up, he was always the women chaser, while I was the one giving the strange looks to him, wearing my heart on my sleeve, yet he was always my guide through tough times when I needed advice, or just a friend to listen. I guess the whole series has personal meaning to me largely for that reason.

While most of the episodes have some great moments that I really love and I think are heart felt, I guess those two episodes however, hold a few of the many great ones.

The Leap Home, where he says his goodbye to his dad before making the shot....priceless.

Last edited by howlinmad; 06-23-2006 at 12:54 AM.
howlinmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #29
Sara_Leaper85
PQL Visitor

Post I 2nd that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise
MIRROR IMAGE cos its the last one.... and Sam telling beth Als still alive really cracks me up, and MIA, because HOW CAN ANYONE WATCH THAT EP WITHOUT CRYING? It's a physical impossibility...

I both hate and love Mirror Image, because of that last seen where Beth is danceing alone and here comes Sam like an angel of hope, with tears in his eyes, saying that instead of starting with 'once apone a time,' Lets start with a happy ending. "Al is still alive and he is coming home." Oh man, gets me everytime. I cried the first time I saw it and I was just a little girl.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #30
leaper
Control Room Technician

the 2 most moving episodes in the show were the leap back and MIA
Old 06-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #31
QuantumMatt
Waiting Room Visitor

The episode that makes me cry the most is "Mirror Image". It was bizarre and intriguing but the part that makes me cry the most is where it says at the very end that Sam never returned home! That was always unfair to me. Recently a friend of mine told me that he thought it was a beautiful ending because it was a profound conclusion- Sam was a true hero and suffered the tragedy of the hero by never returning home. I never paused to think of it that way but that's so screwed up. All I would ever wish for Sam would be to be reunited with his wife Donna, his brother Tom, and his dad!

The only other things in the universe which make me cry is the movie The Family Man where the character that Nicholas Cage plays falls in love with the wife he could've had in another life had he made a different decision and knows that when he wakes up life will be back to normal and he won't married to her anymore and he's trying desperately to fight off falling asleep. The only other thing is that makes me cry hard is the scene in Return of the Jedi where Darth Vader dies telling Luke Skywalker that Luke was right about him coming back to the light side of the force.

Why do the movies and shows we love so much have to have tragedy?

Matthew
Old 07-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #32
SonOfSam
Imaging Chamber Technician

MIA gets me everytime. The speech Al gives is just do heartbreaking. Question I've stayed away from the DVDs since season 1. How much is this scene effected emotionally by the music change?

Shock Theater gets me sometimes because that's Jimmy being shocked, not Sam.

I agree about mixed feelings for Mirror Image. On the one hand I hate the fact he never returned home. On the other it speaks to the moral and character that Sam has.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:15 AM   #33
CarolD

Default Only once

I'm a notorious weeper at TV and movies (even commercials, sometimes), but the only time I actually remember crying at QL was at the very end of Mirror Image. I was watching it alone, and when that text card "Dr. Sam Becket never returned home" came onscreen I just burst into tears. I remembered Don B saying at the February con that the finale would be fantastic and the fans would love it. (And I believe, to this day he still doesn't understand why most of us DIDN'T love it.) I just sobbed and sobbed, picked up the phone and dialed another Leaper friend and we sobbed into the phone together. It felt like a gigantic punch right in the head.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #34
leaper
Control Room Technician

i guess don b was drunk when he said that LOL
Old 07-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #35
Janna Galaxy
Accelerator Technician

The Leap Back
MIA
Jimmy
Mirror Image
Shock Theatre
Old 07-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #36
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSam
MIA gets me everytime. The speech Al gives is just do heartbreaking. Question I've stayed away from the DVDs since season 1. How much is this scene effected emotionally by the music change?

The music they replaced Georgia with is just completely, totally, and 100% wrong. For one thing, the rhythm of Dean's speech seems off with the absence of Ray Charles singing--in that the pauses aren't as logical, if that makes sense. It more affects the entire ambience of the scene. Dean's performance is still a heartbreaking one, but the entire MOOD is totally spoiled. The muzack they picked is horrendous, far too upbeat and not at all mood or paced to Georgia at all.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #37
SonOfSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck
The music they replaced Georgia with is just completely, totally, and 100% wrong. For one thing, the rhythm of Dean's speech seems off with the absence of Ray Charles singing--in that the pauses aren't as logical, if that makes sense. It more affects the entire ambience of the scene. Dean's performance is still a heartbreaking one, but the entire MOOD is totally spoiled. The muzack they picked is horrendous, far too upbeat and not at all mood or paced to Georgia at all.
Thanks for the info. I was toying with with cracking getting R1 set. Might go with R2 since I'm making a new PC to be a Hometheater.

I've been watching season 1 and the first episode when Sam calls his dad gave me a lump in my throat. Got me thinking about my father who passed a few years ago.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:54 PM   #38
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck
For one thing, the rhythm of Dean's speech seems off with the absence of Ray Charles singing--in that the pauses aren't as logical, if that makes sense. It more affects the entire ambience of the scene.
That's what seemed a little off about the scene! I was trying to figure out what bugged me so much (besides the music replacement, of course.)
Old 07-29-2006, 12:28 AM   #39
QLEAP

Oh definitely Mirror Image was the one that hit me hard...I cried for an hour after that one