Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #51
JuliaM
Project Observer

If it's NBC's intent to cancel "Journeyman", then the 13 episodes that have been filmed will be it. Customarily in the case of new shows (and even some established shows), the intial order is for 13 episodes. If the show does well, then the back 9 will be orderred.

According to the Hollywood Reporter article here (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...b846b5cd3af477), NBC had until yesterday in order to pick it up for a second season and didn't exercise that option. Without coming right out and announcing it, that's as good as a cancellation from NBC.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #52
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Episode 2 aired in Australia last night. I liked it, but having not seen episode 1 yet it took me a while to follow what was going on.

I like that he is able to go back to his own time between "leaps" and do the research needed himself. I also like the fact that his disappearances have real consequences in his own time, like disappearing on a plane and thus forcing the plane to be turned around.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is his helper the ghost of his late wife?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #53
Bexter
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by naggindragon
Episode 2 aired in Australia last night. I liked it, but having not seen episode 1 yet it took me a while to follow what was going on.?
Its on its way I promise... I promise.....

Quote:
I like that he is able to go back to his own time between "leaps" and do the research needed himself. I also like the fact that his disappearances have real consequences in his own time, like disappearing on a plane and thus forcing the plane to be turned around
Yes i like that too but wish he'd return to just after he left, how come he has to be gone for the same amount of time he was in the alternate time period, I mean, if you are able to leap around it time then time shouldn't be that relevent, but i guess he's not controlling it.

Quote:
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is his helper the ghost of his late wife?
I think she was his fiance and apparently she died in a plane crash, its looks as if she's leaping around in time as well but then why doesn't she return to her own time between 'leaps'. A possible explanation is that while she was leaping she was supposed to have died in the plane crash so if she has no anchor point in time she has no where to leap back too so therefore is just floating around in time. (not a very good explanation i know)

Quite a few unanswered questions, i hope they answer them before the big chop!!

Bexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:54 AM   #54
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise
A bit like Day Break then? At least they were given 3 episodes warning that it was cancelled - they could wrap things up...

Sad to here this though, I was really enjoying Journeyman.
Speaking of "Day Break"...I never seen(and heard about) this show,'till one day i searched in youtube for an interview with Moon Bloodgood(Livia in "Journeyman) expecting to hear some detailes about her wierd name and i found out about this TV series. After i read some things about this show - "Day Break" i was very amuzed. In "Day Break" she played the main character,who's find himself repeating the same day(A kind of time travelling,won't you say?), Wife. And a year after she casted to another time travelling show.this time as the timetraveller main character Fiance', who's also travelling in time.I though it was very amuzing.
Who know,maybe if JM would be cancelled, her next role might be the Timetraveller- Sammy Jo in Deborah Pratt's QL movie.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #55
leaper
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexter
Its on its way I promise... I promise.....

Yes i like that too but wish he'd return to just after he left, how come he has to be gone for the same amount of time he was in the alternate time period, I mean, if you are able to leap around it time then time shouldn't be that relevent, but i guess he's not controlling it.

I think she was his fiance and apparently she died in a plane crash, its looks as if she's leaping around in time as well but then why doesn't she return to her own time between 'leaps'. A possible explanation is that while she was leaping she was supposed to have died in the plane crash so if she has no anchor point in time she has no where to leap back too so therefore is just floating around in time. (not a very good explanation i know)

Quite a few unanswered questions, i hope they answer them before the big chop!!
there is going to be an unexpected twist about her character that it will blown you away so stay tuned.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 AM   #56
NeoShazam
PQL Visitor

Just watched Episode 12 tonight.
Good stuff.

Hopefully the series continues whenever the strike halts.
First 4 episodes were only ok but the last 3 have been really good.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:10 AM   #57
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

I gotta say i kind of disagree - i didn't like episode 8-11 and, Honestly, i found'em a bit boring.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #58
Bexter
Observer's Aid

Well That Sux

Sat down to watch journeyman tonight at 8.30 and caught the last of Jamie's cooking show and they had an ad saying that journeyman was on TEN HDTV at 9.30 even though all program guides said 7.30 Jamie, 8.30 Journeyman 9.30 Medium. So Jamie finishes and Law and Order (a repeat) starts. So came back at 9.30 to watch and Medium starts.

So whats the deal!! The deal is: - Journayman has been moved to Ten HDTV and replaced with Law and Order on SDTV. We can only get SDTV as our set top box only supports SD not HD. This is all a foreign language to me which is why i didn't realise when i saw the ad what was going on. Needless to say I'm an expert now. It must have been a late change because even when i rang the station to find out if they were going to show the ep of Journeyman on SDTV at some point all I got was a recorded message giving the nights program list which included journeyman at 8.30.

So looks like old bug-a-lugs here isn't going to get to watch the rest of Journeyman anyway.

Not Happy Jan!!! (only Naggindraggin will understand this but it mean I'm really really really annoyed!!!)

Bexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #59
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexter
Well That Sux

Sat down to watch journeyman tonight at 8.30 and caught the last of Jamie's cooking show and they had an ad saying that journeyman was on TEN HDTV at 9.30 even though all program guides said 7.30 Jamie, 8.30 Journeyman 9.30 Medium. So Jamie finishes and Law and Order (a repeat) starts. So came back at 9.30 to watch and Medium starts.

So whats the deal!! The deal is: - Journayman has been moved to Ten HDTV and replaced with Law and Order on SDTV. We can only get SDTV as our set top box only supports SD not HD. This is all a foreign language to me which is why i didn't realise when i saw the ad what was going on. Needless to say I'm an expert now. It must have been a late change because even when i rang the station to find out if they were going to show the ep of Journeyman on SDTV at some point all I got was a recorded message giving the nights program list which included journeyman at 8.30.

So looks like old bug-a-lugs here isn't going to get to watch the rest of Journeyman anyway.

Not Happy Jan!!! (only Naggindraggin will understand this but it mean I'm really really really annoyed!!!)
Yes I do understand. I guess that ruins my chances of getting tonight's episode off you Bex lol. Ah well. On the plus side, the video arrived. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I will very soon. Thanks again
Old 12-23-2007, 11:54 PM   #60
leaper
Control Room Technician

i watched and the final episode from the show on my ipod touch on a flight i had 2 days ago and it was what i expected to be.the fitrst halph of the show was the same with the movie the butterfly effect and the last scenes of the show they were the same with MIRROR IMAGE
SO the big question is ....will we see more of him on our tv Next year ?or is this the END
Although this show copyed a lot from the other show QUANTUM LEAP, i think it was a good show and the actor was very good and conviceing as a time traveller.I also think that his wife was HOT and not like that donna they showed as in QL when dr sam beckett returned home.Its pitty that another show with lots of suspence came to an end and left us behind with lots unanswered questions.
But i guess the low ratings, do damage a tv show
Old 12-24-2007, 12:15 AM   #61
JuliaM
Project Observer

I believe this is the end. NBC chose not to exercise it's option for more episodes and I don't believe they ordered the back 9 episodes for this season so...this would be it.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #62
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

It's official - "Journeyman" has been cancelled ,here is a messege from the show creator - Kevin Falls:

From Kevin Falls on his blog at NBC.com:

"Well, this is the message I didn't want to post. I'm sure as most of you know by now, Journeyman will likely not be getting a back nine order. Rather than dwell on the reasons behind this decision, my fellow Executive Producer, the great Alex Graves and myself would rather remind people that our last two episodes will air next Monday night, December 17 th at 10 PM and Wednesday December 19th at 10 PM. These two episodes will provide some answers, plenty of speculation, a few surprises and hopefully some satisfying closure. They are, I promise you, very entertaining.

I want to thank the tireless and talented Kevin McKidd and the entire cast (in my opinion, the best on television and guess what, the kindest and most professional). Yes, it was hard breaking stories on this show, but it would have been harder without the collective genius of the writing staff. Every guest director that passed through said our crew was the best they ever worked with, basically telling me something I already knew. Some producers loathe their relationships with studio and networks, maybe that's because they never worked for the executives at 20th Century Fox and NBC. My sincerest thanks.

And finally, to the fans. Thank you for appreciating a different kind of show that sought to not only entertain, but to provoke and inspire. I'd like to think it says a lot about you. When the numbers slipped and we sometimes seconded guessed ourselves, you gave us validation and so we stayed the course.

Oh, and your fight to save Journeyman has humbled and moved us. I'm certainly not going to tell you to stop now. Again, our sincere gratitude and a deep bow from the waist.

It's been fun. I wish you all the Happiest of Holidays.

Kevin Falls"

I'm sorry for all of "Journeyman" fans.