Prayers for Mom, please

The poor cats! There's definately better ways to go about it if you don't like them.

Provided all goes well Mom should be out of the hospital by the middle of July. Since it's the weekend the lab results are a lot slower though the doctors are trying to push it through.

Mom told me to get the zucchinis we had and to threaten to hit the lab techs over the head with one of them.

There's two of them that are huge! I thought "Oh, I'll pick them tomorrow..." and "tomorrow" turned into a few days and now two of them are three inches in diameter!

We've been cutting them up and freezing them. This Spring/Summer season has been good and the vegetable plants have been producing like mad.

Oh I know whet you mean we grew our own zucchinis too. They were big enough to use as a club , yep :)

As long as it doesn't frost I think, but ours didn't make it quite that long, we're not skilled gardeners :)

If all the conditions are right I'd imagine you could probably grow them just about anytime of year. It's been a warm summer here so they're going all out.

I went and harvested tomatos today for Dad though I stopped counting at how many I picked after I reached forty three.

I heard from the doctors who say Mom's first test results look good though they won't officially know if she's in remission until they get the lab results back. Since the first test results look good there's a good chance she's in remission or very close to it.

If she is in remission they'll give her some medications to boost her white blood cell count which can take ten days or so.

I just got the message a few minutes ago. I've been making calls and have got more to make.

Mom is officially in remission. The doctors are going to give her a few extra chemo treatments just to flush everything out. Other than that her bone marrow is clean and they are going to start working on boosting her immune system.

If all goes well she'll be out of the hospital in two weeks.

Thanks all. :)

Mom said she still feels rotten but I reminded her no matter what it's over. No matter what it's all downhill now and she'll be coming home in about two weeks or so. Since the doctors will be watching her constantly there's no way it can get as bad as it once was.

Unfortunately with feeling rotten all we can do is wait it out.

Either way I don't think I'll ever complain about feeling physically rotten again...

Mom's not well at all.

They couldn't go internally to do a heart test as one of the valves has been badly damaged by the chemo treatments. They believe time and perscription meds will heal the damage.

They've got to drain the fluid around her heart not now but right now so the fluid doesn't crush her heart. They're going to drain it within half an hour.

It's one of those things of you're so close and yet that final step is miles away.

Thank you.

Mom got some work done and she says she's feeling better, is even hungry. We still don't know when she'll be released though.

Last edited:
True true ;)
Athough a nice snack can be surprisingly encouragin, because it reminds you of how nice life can be :)

Mom's getting Starbucks coffee. Dad once looked at her indignantly and said "I don't get Starbucks coffee."

They are feeding her pretty well.

Well, Mom's not coming home today. She spiked two fevers and who knows when she'll be coming home. Understandably she's quite upset and Dad is staying up at the hospital overnight.

I'm here tending to the little fur bearing, four legged food gluttons--I mean--cats!

Hang in there, all of you, one more hurdle. Maybe there'll be more but you can do it!

Cats sound like something to look forward too as well uhum. :)

Mom's relapsed into a new infection. They've x-rayed her, echoed her, and are getting ready to do a PET scan.

They've got her on Vancomycin which is the T-Rex of anti-biotics.

The only fortunate thing is Mom's so out of it she doesn't know if she's coming or going. Perhaps it's more merciful that way. she can't stress out about anything, only rest until she can get better.

Speaking as a cat person, I think that they should do wonders to cheer her up upon her return.

They were all over me last night as Dad wasn't around.

Mom's gone into critical condition and is in I.C.U. They don't know if she'll make it.

Dad's going up to Stanford right now.

Mom's medically young and strong and this infection is ravaging her body like there's no tomorrow. The worst is they don't know what it is that's causing it. They're pumping her full of the strongest anti-biotics known to man and hoping that makes a dent in it until they find out what it is.

Either way it's down to the wire.

I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

This is horrible news, once again. I think that fate is quite unfair that everytime she seems to be doing better, something bad happens again. I'll say another prayer tonight.