Can't wait for Season 4 UK ! So eager to see it !

BlueSovereign

Project QL Intern
Oct 30, 2005
UK
I've watched all of Season 4 in a much shorter time than I intended. Season 3 was full of great leaps that kept me hooked all the way through. Its been over 10 years since I have seen these and there are only a few moments from most eps that are familiar on watching them. Its like watching them like the first time. The only exception is the first two episodes.

The very last episode of the season was great too, seeing Sam take on all those personalities of the people he had leaped into. When Sam and Al switched places at the end and the episode finished I really wanted to continue watching but I have to wait for Season 4 for that. In the UK that should be around April time since these sets become available around a month after the US release. I remembered that I enjoyed the first ep of Season 4 years ago although its all foggy. Originally I thought that Al and Sam where going to change roles for a season or so which would have been interesting but did not happen. To be honest I prefer Sam to be the leaper, it just feels better but it was refreshing to see them both switching places all those years ago.

I am very eagerly awaiting Season 4 !

I don't know if you or anyone else would be interested, I don't even know the full details of it, or even if its legit. I saw on ebay that some company was preselling the QL Season 4 for like $38. I don't remember if it what regions, i just saw it in passing. Just fyi...

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
I don't know if you or anyone else would be interested, I don't even know the full details of it, or even if its legit. I saw on ebay that some company was preselling the QL Season 4 for like $38. I don't remember if it what regions, i just saw it in passing. Just fyi...

Samantha Beckett

Nah, I'll wait until its released either at Amazon.co.uk or Play.com, whichever sells the set cheapest. I get my DVD's from either of those mainly and sometimes they alternate on price deals.

Two more seasons to go and then I have the whole series. Although I will miss having new seasons to look forward to after that it will be great to have at hand one of the best TV series ever made on the face of Earth !

Samantha_Beckett said:

Samantha Beckett

Those are illegal and low-quality copies burned onto discs. Unfortunately the best we can get are the official releases from Universal, only with butchered music. But then you can always wait for the Region 2 version, which will most likely have the music. Of course, the audio isn't perfect on those, either. It's evidently too much to ask in 2006 to have a show in good quality with good sound and with original music on DVD. :rolleyes

QL Nut said:
Those are illegal and low-quality copies burned onto discs. Unfortunately the best we can get are the official releases from Universal, only with butchered music. But then you can always wait for the Region 2 version, which will most likely have the music. Of course, the audio isn't perfect on those, either. It's evidently too much to ask in 2006 to have a show in good quality with good sound and with original music on DVD. :rolleyes

Actually, the ones I saw on eBAY are not the low-quality ones. They are PRE-SELLS of the release that is coming out in March. They're selling the sets before they are even released, just like selling hot movies in stores before the movies come out. Personally, I'll wait until March and get a better deal.

Kat

Cpt Jules said:
Actually, the ones I saw on eBAY are not the low-quality ones. They are PRE-SELLS of the release that is coming out in March. They're selling the sets before they are even released, just like selling hot movies in stores before the movies come out. Personally, I'll wait until March and get a better deal.

Kat

Exactly, they were pre-orders. I don't know about waiting for a good deal in March. If the retail price in March will be like 50 bucks, and its 38 on ebay...i might do the ebay thing.

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Exactly, they were pre-orders. I don't know about waiting for a good deal in March. If the retail price in March will be like 50 bucks, and its 38 on ebay...i might do the ebay thing.

Samantha Beckett

The deal comes from Wal-Mart. It will sell for $38 at Wal-Mart just like before. The difference is that I won't be paying for shipping and I can go and buy it and watch it on the day it comes out rather than waiting a week for it to arrive. :)

Kat

Cpt Jules said:
The deal comes from Wal-Mart. It will sell for $38 at Wal-Mart just like before. The difference is that I won't be paying for shipping and I can go and buy it and watch it on the day it comes out rather than waiting a week for it to arrive. :)

Kat

So it's gonna be at Wal Mart? I couldn't find them there when I was shopping for the other seasons. Good deal...I wonder if they are already preselling or when they will start doing it?

Samantha Beckett

Cpt Jules said:

Kat

I've ran a search on eBay and couldn't find the Season 4 sets anywhere. Are these pre-sells legal? It sounds a bit shady to me...

The pre-sells are perfectly legit. Amazon.com is offering at well. I believe they're selling it for $34.99. I've actually done this before. Basically it's securing your copy of it before it's released. The way Amazon has worked it in the past was that it was shipped out the day before its released. That way if you ordered it using overnight delivery, you'd get it on the release date. Other methods of shipping would come that many days after the release date. They also don't actually charge you for it until it ships out to you.

I ordered my first season set of Enterprise using the pre-sell option. I'd ordered it for second-day delivery and got it the day after it was released. The charge for it didn't show on my bank statement until the day before the release date when it actually shipped out to me.

When it gets a bit closer to March I plan on doing the pre-sell through Amazon that way I won't have to remember to actually do it on the date. I'll just wait 'til we're closer to march because knowing me I'd forget I ordered it and end up ordering it twice.

BlueSovereign said:
When Sam and Al switched places at the end and the episode finished I really wanted to continue watching but I have to wait for Season 4 for that. In the UK that should be around April time since these sets become available around a month after the US release.

I assume you are talking about the R1 release? Because there is no way that the R2 release will come out in April. I think we would lucky to even have a release date for R2 (a date that usually lies at least 3 months away) around the time that the R1 version of Season 4 gets released. I suspect that the R2 release date will be somewhere in July or August 2006 (if you take a positive view at it). Offcourse, i would love to be proved wrong.

Grimlock said:
I assume you are talking about the R1 release? Because there is no way that the R2 release will come out in April. I think we would lucky to even have a release date for R2 (a date that usually lies at least 3 months away) around the time that the R1 version of Season 4 gets released. I suspect that the R2 release date will be somewhere in July or August 2006 (if you take a positive view at it). Offcourse, i would love to be proved wrong.

I was talking about the R2 release. Seasons 2 and 3 were released not long after the US versions, usually by 1 to 3 months. Except for Season 1 which took ages to come out. I know what you mean though, could take a while if we are not lucky.

BlueSovereign said:
I was talking about the R2 release. Seasons 2 and 3 were released not long after the US versions, usually by 1 to 3 months. Except for Season 1 which took ages to come out. I know what you mean though, could take a while if we are not lucky.

R1, Season 2: December 2004
R2, Season 2: November 2005 (ok, 31 October, but who is counting one day)

= 11 months

R1, Season 3: May, 2005
R2, Season 3: December, 2005

= 7 months

Combine the two and you can see that if this trend were to continue then there would even be a possibility that it won't even be released in 2006 (R2).

Grimlock said:
R1, Season 2: December 2004
R2, Season 2: November 2005 (ok, 31 October, but who is counting one day)

= 11 months

R1, Season 3: May, 2005
R2, Season 3: December, 2005

= 7 months

Combine the two and you can see that if this trend were to continue then there would even be a possibility that it won't even be released in 2006 (R2).

There was a large gap waiting between R2 S1 and R2 S2, but between R2 S2 and R2 S3 there is only a gap of a month. I did not realise though how much of a gap there was between R1 and R2 releases of the same seasons though.

If the R2 releases need no alterations, why do they take so long to come out ?

If anything they should be out sooner than R1 since R1 require new music putting in.

BlueSovereign said:
There was a large gap waiting between R2 S1 and R2 S2, but between R2 S2 and R2 S3 there is only a gap of a month. I did not realise though how much of a gap there was between R1 and R2 releases of the same seasons though.

If the R2 releases need no alterations, why do they take so long to come out ?

If anything they should be out sooner than R1 since R1 require new music putting in.

Surely Universal were waiting for the sales figures for the R1 sets to see if it'd be worthwhile releasing them on R2. Just a guess ...

Sermon said:
Surely Universal were waiting for the sales figures for the R1 sets to see if it'd be worthwhile releasing them on R2. Just a guess ...

Yeah, I thought about that the other day too. I'm actually interested in the sales figures, for all regions, of these DVD sets sold so far. Maybe it they are selling well they would consider releasing them a little faster over here. I can wait as long as it takes anyhow, just glad that I'll have them on DVD for the rest of my life anyways.

BlueSovereign said:
Yeah, I thought about that the other day too. I'm actually interested in the sales figures, for all regions, of these DVD sets sold so far. Maybe it they are selling well they would consider releasing them a little faster over here. I can wait as long as it takes anyhow, just glad that I'll have them on DVD for the rest of my life anyways.

Maybe if they see how well they are selling and how much angry mail theyre getting about how they screwed up the music in the R1s, put 2 and 2 together and do something about it! Sorry, thats my one outburst of the day...:realmad :realmad

Samantha Beckett