1320 L is For...

What do you rate this episode?

• 3 -- This episode was good. It was worth reading.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 -- This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

• 1 -- Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
L Is For…

January 30, 2002
Somewhere in Burnet County, Texas

Sam leaps into the life of Bess Graham to prevent a little girl she and her husband are fostering from falling down an abandoned mine shaft to her death. Instead, he ends up at the bottom of the mineshaft with her.

Written by: C. E. Krawiec

Thanks for reading,
The Quantum Leap Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.0

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett:

Pretty good story. Simple story that takes place inside the mine for almost the whole time. With the title, I was thinking it would be another Lothos story, but I see where the title comes from.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ziggy's Soul:

Really tight story. It would certainly be disconcerting to the good doctor to be mistaken for someone who could do such horrid things to a child. Sam would put himself through hell, even reliving one mentally to save a child. Very good story and always great reading this author's work.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gooshie:

I also thought this story would be a dark, scary read about Lothos and his evil doings; however, it was a story of something just as evil with Lacey's horrific past (and her name does start with L as well). Partway through, I thought "L is for... Lacy" but then the incidenct with Sam's "brand" came in.

Eleiece, you have tied together a backstory so intricately with the main plot so well. I was impressed with the writing and the whole episode in general. Though it didn't detract from the story, there were a few typos that made a couple of sentences difficult to decifer on first read.

Overall, a story that touches on a frightening situation always keeps on on edge. Throwing in the tragic history of Lacey just continued to wrench at my emotions. Bravo!

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanadu:

I really enjoyed this story. It's background had so many twists and it was all greatly woven into a story! :) Thank you for this wonderful tale!

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 5

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 6

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
Finally got to read this one, sitting in hubby's office at school while he and the rest of the family are helping at Open Evening.

Good job I'm alone, cos girl, the tears are a'flowing!

Yes, I noticed the typos, but they didn't spoil it for me. Just as I've come to expect from this author, it was moving, well paced, thoughtfully handled and a story I could easily visualise as an episode. (Though of course the subject matter would restrict it's air-time).

Brava, my dear - but are you challenging me for the title of "Queen of Cruel"? I seem to be leading a trend in torturing our poor hero!