Project QL Intern
Time Stream

Creator/Executive Producer
Matthew R. McKay
(David Hewlett)

Co-Executive Producer/Head Writer
Samantha Stratton
(Amanda Tapping)

Sam Stratton(b. November 2, 1956) is, as you probably already know, the daughter of test pilot/USAF officer Thomas Stratton whom Dr. Sam Beckett leaped into in the Quantum Leap pilot(pardon the pun) "Genesis" written by Donald Bellisario(the basis of Matt McKay). She was born in Los Angeles-Hollywood, CA and grew up wherever the Air Force took the Stratton family. Like Agent Gibbs(NCIS) and Donald Bellisario(writer/producer) Sam is also a former Marine aka "jarhead". Full name: Samantha Jolene Stratton.​

Matthew Richard McKay(b. November 11, 1956) is the nephew of General James Dean* "Jim" McKay. General McKay(Don S. Davis R.I.P.) is a character that was created by Brian Greene(Al's Place Bartender). He[Matthew] was born in the small city of Paducah, KY with his fraternal twin sister Jennie(not Jeannie) and six years after they were born the McKay family sold the family farm(which was located in a small un-incorporated town called Littleville, KY and moved to Seattle, WA where Matt was first aquainted with the Stratton family while Major Thomas J. Stratton(USAF), Peggy, and their three children were stationed there.​

My inspiration for creating this came from "Studio 60"(Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford) and another "series within" called "WormHole X-TREME!" My original episode idea[A Leap For Rachel] is being scrubbed.​

*I added his middle name. More info on this character can be found on the character section of the Starbright series website; an Al's Place sub-site. http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/starbrightproject/characters/jimmckay.htm What is not mentioned in there is that Jim has a brother who has two children.

Just a little sneak peek.​

~Steve B.​

P.S. Does the Stratton McKay production team look familiar? ;)

Last edited:
Some revisions

Matt McKay was born in Chicago and adopted by the McKay family(restaranteurs) in the SMALL city of Paducah, Kentucky. Time Stream was created for television by Matthew R. McKay and based on the novel by W.G. Kinman. That's right! :hair:nut:eek The alleged father of Sammy Jo Fuller.

Joseph & Marta McKay are his adoptive parants. Joe's brother is Lieutennant-General Jim McKay. The General planned on retiring after his Starbright years but was convinced to stay in active service. Jim served as one of Clinton's joint chiefs. Anyway, Joe, Marta, and their son live on the restaurant property in Paducah. His nickname is the same as Cheyevsky's...."Paddy".

~Steve B.

Good Lord, I remember this from way back! How's the first episode coming along, if I may ask. After all, I still remember what an interesting premise it was.

David Hewlett
as Matthew R. McKay
(Executive Producer; Time Stream)

Amanda Tapping
as Samantha Stratton
(Co-Exec/Head Writer; Time Stream)

Bruce Greenwood
as Stephen J. Cannell
(Writer/Producer; Time Stream)
Cannell was the Exec Producer of a show that also exists in the real world called Greatest American Hero. He used to be a close friend of Matt's.

David Schwimmer
as 1st Asst. Director
Calvin "Cal" Elwes :lol​

Not sure yet who Sam will leap into, but I'm kinda leaning towards Schwimmer's character Cal Elwes. :lol That character is modeled after Tim Busfield's Studio 60 alter ego, Cal Shanley.

David Hewlett
as Matthew R. McKay
(Executive Producer; Time Stream)

Amanda Tapping
as Samantha Stratton
(Co-Exec/Head Writer; Time Stream)

Bruce Greenwood
as Stephen J. Cannell
(Writer/Producer; Time Stream)
Cannell was the Exec Producer of a show that also exists in the real world called Greatest American Hero. He used to be a close friend of Matt's.

David Schwimmer
as 1st Asst. Director
Calvin "Cal" Elwes :lol​

Not sure yet who Sam will leap into, but I'm kinda leaning towards Schwimmer's character Cal Elwes. :lol That character is modeled after Tim Busfield's Studio 60 alter ego, Cal Shanley.

Other characters:
Zoe Solomon(Co-Developer of Time Stream)Matt's friend from High School.
Shana Lancaster(Matt's ex-girlfriend from Paducah)
J.R. Bourne as Gene Stockdale(actor) plays the part of the time traveller.

~Steve B.