The TEA Program on TVS!

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
To allow everyone to be as involved, we have a program called TEA - The Episode Adoption program - and here is how it works:

Starting at the sixth season (our first here), you sign up to become the "guardian" of one episode. Once you have turned in that TEA synopsis information, you may then choose another TEA to adopt. Then, when all of the synopsis' for the season have been posted, the second season episodes would be made available for adoption, and so on until all past seasons are complete!

Do not request an episode until that season is made available please.*

Guardians type up a synopsis, which will be posted to that page in the episode guide. For example, some of the things you can include within the synopsis are:

Place
Name of the Person Leaped Into
Songs/Music
Project Trivia
Sam Trivia
Al Trivia
Miscellaneous Trivia (how many times Al popped in and scared Sam, how many cigars Al smoked, etc)
Al's Outfits Worn in the Episode
Writers
Personal Review
Best Line
Best Scene
Worst thing about the episode
Say what? (AKA things in the episode that make no sense)
Quotable Quotes
*Actor/Actress you think would be/would have been (if the actor/actress has died) great in this role ((thanks Eleiece))

All you have to do is email me first with your choice of episode to make sure no one else already has it.

This is first come, first serve, so get your request in ASAP!

We have 18 for The Sixth Season:

601 Double The Leap, Double The Danger - Steven Beckett
602 Silent Victims - Lady Kayoss
603 Conundrum - Steven Beckett
604 I’m Getting Married In Absentia
605 Reunion
606 Kicks
607 Queen Of The Night
608 I’ll Be Home For Christmas I
609 I’ll Be Home For Christmas II
610 Battle Scars
611 Danger In The Sky
612 Garage Band
613 Leap On A Wire
614 Pandelerium
615 Curse Of The Dead Camper
616 Triple Threat
617 Intersection With A Leaper
618 Hostile Takeover I

The following code will be used: Your name will be in:
Blue = Any other episodes will be in blue!
Red = if you adopted an episode!
Green = if you turned in and completed the episode!

All I ask is that you don't formatt what you do in any way. To get the information on the site, it's easier if it's not done. Thanks!

So... anyone interested in doing one?

The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
i would have loved to for one of the television episodes but i am well aware that its too late for that.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this something that's really time-consuming? I'd like to participate, if it doesn't interfere with my classes or work. I sadly missed out on adopting TV episodes, but I'd like to do something here.

All it takes is reading the story and jotting down notes on the story -- including some of the following:

Place
Name of the Person Leaped Into
Songs/Music
Project Trivia
Sam Trivia
Al Trivia
Miscellaneous Trivia (how many times Al popped in and scared Sam, how many cigars Al smoked, etc)
Al's Outfits Worn in the Episode
Writers
Personal Review
Best Line
Best Scene
Worst thing about the episode
Say what? (AKA things in the episode that make no sense)
Quotable Quotes
*Actor/Actress you think would be/would have been (if the actor/actress has died) great in this role

Then sending it to me and I'll put it up on the website that you are the one that did it. :)

It's not supposed to be a "job" to do it... but the only time-consuming aspect is the reading of a story that you just might enjoy.

MJ

Since season six is all that's currently available, and that's the season I've finished reading, then it shouldn't be too time-consuming, then. I liked the story 'Silent Victims,' so maybe I'll give that one a try. Is there a deadline?

i'm gonna keep reading and pick a really good one, i am still only on the third episode, but i am interested now so i'll let you know when i choose and episode. :)

QL Damsel said:
If you'd like to do Silent Victims, you think that you could do it in a two week time span? If you can, let me know and I'll mark that one taken.

Actually, yes, I could. That two week time span includes my much-anticipated Spring Break, in which I have no work and no school. *cheers* I do believe that I'd be able to do something over that period of time.

A couple of quick questions:

Is there a 'no spoiler' rule? Do I need to be careful what I say, or should I write this as if everyone has read the story?

How do you want this sent? My computer doesn't have much software except for Word; is it all right to do this as a Word document and then mail it to you?

I'm about done with this, though it could take me a few more days due to the fact that I spent much of my Spring Break either working on a term paper or goofing off with friends. I should be able to send it to you in a few days, but before I do, do I need to write a detailed plot summary, or not? I noticed there was one for the Episode Adoption page of the first episode, so I was just curious.

I'm sorry I haven't sent this to you yet. I was busy with something I had to do for class, and then I smashed my finger and couldn't type for a few days. I meant to have this done within two weeks... :bow *begs for forgiveness*

Honey, don't you dare worry about this. OK? I, the person who juggles with reality constantly understands that when reality jumps in that it jumps in big time and sometimes you can get to the "fun" stuff that you really want to do. So, don't worry about that, okay?

Take a breath! Get better and don't worry. Get it in when you can.

MJ

*hangs head in shame* I intended to do this, I really did. It's on my computer, half-finished. But... I got side-tracked plotting to meet Scott Bakula (and, in the process, forgot to sign up for summer financial aid, fall financial aid, and fall classes...)

I was just thinking that there is no one episode that is the pilot of TVS. The entire first season is the pilot because it's (obviously) not like television where before the network invests in a whole season they have to see a sample of the potential series which is called a "pilot". And season 1 of TVS(aka unofficial sixth season of QL) was originally intended to be a standalone series continuation with "Hostile Takeover" as the final episode.

...and now back to your regularly scheduled program/thread :lol

~Steve B.
Warren County, OH