how old were you?

coxy1984

Project QL Intern
Feb 17, 2006
london england
how old where you when u first saw quantum leap? i think i was about 13-14 i saw it on bbc2 and since the first time i saw it i have loved them all:D

Well when it first aired over here in the U.K., i've worked out that i was 3 years old. Yes only 3. So i don't remember the first season.

But my mum always watched it, and i did remember the private dancer ep from season 3 vaguely. I wonder why? :sup

But since itv3 started showing it from the very begining, i have watched every one! and remembered why i used to love it.

I think everyone should watch Quantum leap, cause if you don't you just don't what you're missing!

Well take care everyone. xxxx :wavey

I was 9 when I first watched it, back when it first aired, and I absolutely adored it. I have no idea how I got exposed to it; my parents never let me stay up to watch it, since it was on right at my bed time. I'm pretty sure that my grandmother is responsible somehow, though. I vaguely remember "Good Night, Dear Heart," bits and pieces of various other episodes, and the first episode I actually saw all the way through was "The Curse of Ptah-Hotep." And I saw at least two of the Evil Leaper episodes. I watched the show when I was 9, but I couldn't really get into it until it started airing again, when I was about 16.

Let's see, I remember SEEING QL when I was in high school. My dad liked it first. Then of course, NBC moved the schedule all over creation.

I got HOOKED on it when I was 20 going on 21 and in college.

I remember seeing my dad watching "Pool Hall Blues" on its original airing, and him telling me a little bit about the show. At the time I was about 8 years old. I didn't become a regular viewer until some point during Season 3's original run, and I was also able to catch up because the show got picked up for syndication not long after. So I was about 10 when I became a die-hard fan. :)

I was 12 and I was flipping through the channels.Heart of a Champion was on. At the time, I was a fan of wrestling, and it caugh6t my attention. I no longer watch wrestling, but I love Quantum Leap

I was 7 years old. I don't remember what my first episode was, but I remember getting hooked during that summer. There was NOTHING on tv, as usual, and i was flipping channels and it caught me attention and i started watching....and I was hooked. I was 2-going-on-3 when the show premiered, so i grew up on the reruns, lol.

Samantha Beckett

Hmm, Well...

I can't remember exactly when I first watched it, I seem to have a very vague rememberabce of seeing the show sometime in my life, maybe in the original run, maybe season 4 or 5, and maybe it was even in french, I really can't remember.

However, I remember that I got hooked on it when I was about 16-17 during the re-runs on the Space channel. I seem to remember browsing through the show, watching a few minutes of it here and there, but I didn't start watching until a few months later when there was nothing good on tv and I decided to watch the whole episode... Needless to say I was hooked from then on.

Clara

P.S. I've also got an egg now! I'm impatient to see what kind of critter ir is!

My first time

I first saw it somewhere midway through Season 4, (Unchained I think) so I would have been somewhere around 35. I was hooked right off, naturally.

It took a while before I caught all the earlier episodes on re-runs.
In the meantime, I satisfied my craving for QL by recording it from continental channels via satellite. So I first saw "Single Drop of Rain" in German with Dutch subtitles!! And no, I don't speak either language! :wacko or what?
It is a testiment to the quality of the acting, that the scene where Sam prays in the field still moved me to tears. Of course, when I finally saw it in English - WOW.

Clara5 said:
P.S. I've also got an egg now! I'm impatient to see what kind of critter ir is!

:) I'm hoping mine is better than the potato with legs I got last month. :lol:

I was 18... was spending the night over at Bonnie and Rose's house when it came on... what episode it was... I can't remember right off hand... but I fell in love with it from that moment on.

It's amazing, actually, how one show can change someone... huh?

Lord.... that was 17 years ago. I'll be 35 in March...

Wow.

coxy1984 said:
how old where you when u first saw quantum leap? i think i was about 13-14 i saw it on bbc2 and since the first time i saw it i have loved them all:D

Exactly the same for me (yeah, even the channel, though I'm not a Brit).

I did come into the show quite late (though then I had no idea of this, as you didn't have digital tv-guides back in those days). I would guess somewhere around the middle of Season 4 (as I definitely remember the Egypt episode). Strangely enough the show had already become my favourite show ever (dropping Twin Peaks into second place) even though I had seen only 1/3 of all the episodes (which I didn't know at the time)!

I did see repeats of earlier seasons a few years later. In my own country the show was pulled after one season (it was on some graveyard slot very early in the evening on a satellite channel). Which did give me the chance to see the first few episodes.

And then there was the German commercial channel RTL plus which had repeats (at least I guess they were, as I discovered those quite some time after the last airing on the BBC and assumed they probably showed the original airing during the same timeperiod) with German dubbing! Still, not the same as the original thing ( I clearly remember seeing the Josie Bissett and Jane Sibbett, spooky similarity in last names by the way, episodes in the German language).

Last edited:
I saw my first episode when I was about 10. It was in 1996 (I think) and it was on our Pay TV. My mum HAD to see and tape Quantum Leap, and I'm glad she did. I remember my first episode was The Colour Of Truth - a great episode to start on IMHO.

I watched right from the beginning. That would have been 1989. I was 32 and in college.

it was in 1994, which made me way older than most of ya! (30) I was watching reruns of it off VHS tape, recorded by my best friend in Kansas City. I was visiting him there at my old home town while on vacation... and he was laughing himself silly watching http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/episodeguide/leapback.htm ("The Leap Home" and I was hooked... watched what he had recorded that day while he was at work.

When I went back to Atlanta, I began the arduous task of recording all of the episodes!

I was about 10 or so at the time, watching old re-runs on Sky One, this was about 1997 or so.

I think that I first saw it when I was twelve too on reruns on sci-fi cuz I too was only three when it first aired but Iremember loving it from the start and telling my aunts about this cool show that i saw and they told me that they had been big fans and had watched it when originally aired. So i actually probally saw it when i was really little but don't remember.

<3

My family watched it right from the beginning, in 1989 when i was only one, so essentially i started watching it although not understanding it at ONE year old. Bless. I remember that i used to really fancy Scott but of course being so young i never said anything or even knew if i was allowed to, lol. haha. So i beat you all on age, but not on beauty. :)