1316 I Want A New Drug

What do you rate this episode?

• 5 -- This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 -- This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 -- This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

• 1 -- Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
I Want A New Drug

February 10, 1993
LifeStar, a Pharmaceutical Company, Denver , CO and FDA Headquarters, Washington , DC

Al indicates that getting approval for a new drug is more important than having Sam figure out how to leap home. Why?

Written by: Helen Gerhard

Thanks for reading,
The Quantum Leap Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.6

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett:

Excellent story. I like how Sam has his memory back and can figure out how to get himself home. Only problem is, he would leap home with Donna and Stephen dead.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty:

Great "episode" Helen. Having the drug become personal for Sam was very moving. I am glad that Al refrained from telling Sam until near the end I think he would not have been able to focus if he had known earlier. I like the way your "episodes" are laid out, very good job. Hope to see more from you.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker:

“I Want A New Drug” was a good read. I especially enjoyed seeing a hands-on demonstration of the famous Beckett stubbornness and focus, coupled with his own God-given genius as Sam was at last allowed to save two of the people he loves most dearly from an earlier decision he’d had made with only the best in mind for them. I know it made it easier for Sam to go on to his next leap, taking with him, if only for as long as the leap-out lasted, the knowledge and good feeling that he personally knew what it felt like to have had “something put right that had once went wrong”.

I do have to say, though that while “I Want A New Drug” was an overall good read, there was one place that it bogged down a bit, at least for me. Specifically (and it’s a minor point in the overall story), it was when the pacing slowed me down a bit when Beth was reading the scientific or medical report about the disease. Other than that, I enjoyed this story very much.

Well done, Helen. Keep up the good work.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanadu:

A very nice story. Although it was a good story, I had a problem when it came to the describing of the disease. It was because of this bog down that I had to go back and re-read instead of just enjoying the story. The angst in the story was well written. Nicely done.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 5

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 6

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
Unbelievable, another story read and reviewed already!
I know it can't last.

I love the stories where Sam has an emotional investment, but then a lot of times he gets personally involved even when family members aren't at stake.
Angst aplenty here for Al (before he tells) and Sam (after he tells), make this a moving story.
I agree that at times the scientific stuff did bog the story down a bit, but it was good to see Sam in his element for a change.

The idea of 'not getting all of him' back was kinda intriguingly freakish. Sounds like the potential for one of Helen's infamous AU stories. Now what would she have not make it home...?