"The Person Below Me"(TPBM)

Re: Re

True. $14.87 at Wally World, bay-bee. Already watched it too! (Which was quite the feat given the number of DVDs still in shrink wrap....)

TPBM was out at an insanely early hour today for "Black Friday." (6 AM, Best Buy, for myself. :eek )

TPBM

True...except I work at Wal-Mart so I was there by 5:45 because I worked at 6am. I must say, I've never been afraid for my life before in Wal-Mart, but as people cut through the registers to try and cut each other off, I was a bit worried!! ;)

TPBM....Can't believe that a month from today Christmas will be OVER!!! (time goes to fast if you ask me!)

Cha~Cha

Re: TPBM

True (though adjusting the date frame). And if I survive til Christmas, 'twill be a miracle!!!

TPBM has gone to or will be going to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert!!!! :wave

True...as in will be going! As if you didn't know, Jennie! ;)

TPBM has not yet put up their Christmas tree.

E.

True. I do not have a Christmas tree here in Korea. My roommate was talking about buying one but since none of us will even be home on Christmas Day, we decided against it.

TPBM is just starting to get into the Christmas spirit (i.e. I currently am ;) ).

... Mike. ^_^

True, I have now got my tree up and starting to go and get my presents to send to my folks and stuff... wohoo I love christmas!!

TPBM is spending Christmas away from home... (what the heck I couldnt think of anything better)

Ooops! Sorry about that, Tom... I had my response written out but it took me an hour to hit "Add Reply" since I was at work and got busy...

To respond to Tom's statement, yes, I have moved more than eight times (probably close to eleven). My family has made a move once, and I personally have moved every four months between school, home, and work. The only exception is this time, when I will be staying in Seoul for eight months straight before returning to Waterloo to live there for a full year (hopefully in one place and not have to move!!). Although they are not "full" moves, I still need to pack up my every-day items and then some. It's just the same as moving between two apartments, really.

To repsond to Ruthie's statement, well, I already kind of answered it above. For the first time ever, I will not be home for Christmas. It costs $1500 round-trip to fly between my home and Korea, so I will be spending Christmas mostly alone (though I will be seeing a friend from Canada here for a couple of days and probably spending Christmas with her and her family here in Korea).

Now that I've written a "novel", TPBM has written a (real) novel that has been published. ;)

... Mike. ^_^

False (unless you count the novel-length QL "Starbright" story I wrote and "published" myself at Kinko's in 2000, sharing with a few people). However, I am working on a Christian romance novel, hoping to have it done by the Spring, and will be submitting it to a publishing house. Here's hoping! ;)

TPBM has had some form of their writing published in a "real" magazine/book/journal (as in they got paid for it).

True. I had some of my work published in a local magizine about 12 years ago.

TPBM has been out of their home country.

True - thanks to my mother being in the employ of British Airways, I had several foreign holidays as a child, concluding in a dramatic visit to New Zealand to visit my aunt.

TPBM has already registered their complaint with Univeral concerning the Season 2 DVD debacle.

False. I jsut found out about it the other day, and seeing as I don't have season 2, I don't know if I ahve the right to complain.

TPBM has met a famous person.

True... living in New York City, it's somewhat commonplace seeing famous persons walking the streets of Manhattan every other day. Other than that, I have personally met Penn & Teller, Charlton Heston, Lou Reed, Eric Burdon, (although I'm sure none of them really remember me!) and I have personally known Lori Loughlin (Full House, Summerland) since before she became a TV star (my father took pictures of her back in her modeling days). Through her, I also met a young Rick Schroder (he threw my mother in her family's swimming pool :lol ) and Mark Arnold, the guy who played Mick in Teen Wolf (he co-starred with her in an old soap opera in the 80s).

TPBM will be partying his/her butt off at an annual holiday party this week. :hurray :hurray

False. I'm not big in holidays.

TPBM has had a good night so far.

True. I used to go to Kings Island all the time, and ride The Beast.

TPBM is looking forward to 2005.

Yes! As I have at LEAST two trips to Walt Disney World planned, one in mid-January.

TPBM has an annual pass to a theme park.

True. I have had a season pass for Silver Dollar City for the past two years (and before the divorce, we all had season passes every year since we moved out here in 1993).

I am hoping to get a season pass for SDC next year, too.

TPBM has been to a theme park that is open for the Christmas season.

Joy

False. It's way too cold to go to a park at this time of year :)

TPBM had their favorite food for lunch today.

True....Christmas lunch....taco soup, pecan pie, brownies.....Mmmmmmm. And hot apple cider right now!

TPBM THOUGHT they were done w/ Christmas shopping, but must get at least one additional gift.

False: I have not even started yet. (long story)
TPBM watched a movie today.

True....Finding Neverland

TPBM is taking more than two vacations in 2005.

True... hopefully. The annual church float trip the weekend before Independence Day, and then hopefully one or two trips by myself... all of them to Branson and Silver Dollar City.

TPBM doesn't want to watch the New Year's Eve TV special because it won't feature Dick Clark. (my mom said that to me earlier today)

Joy

True. It's not going to be the same.

TPBM has had a great day so far.

True. In fact, I'm having a great week, too. You know that question I posed about going to a theme park for Christmas? Well, this past weekend, we (my sis, her boyfriend, and I) went to Branson so we could go to Silver Dollar City for their Old Time Christmas festival.

It was in the fifties on Saturday, so the weather was cool but nice, and we got to go on the coasters and everything. I love SDC at Christmas; they boast over 4 million Christmas lights--they cover all the buildings and thousands of the trees. Oh, and the 4 million lights is equivalent to 350 miles of lights (if I remember the statistic properly).

Anyway, I highly recommend going to SDC at least once for the Christmas season. To avoid huge crowds and have nicer weather, go early or mid-November, just after they've started the Christmas festival.

Now, let's see....

TPBM has seen a feature film on IMAX.

Joy

False, I'm so sad to say.

TPBM is counting down to some event (for me, it's the first of THREE trips to WDW in 2005) :D

True. The release date for the sixth Harry Potter book was announced today, so I'm definitely counting down to that. Oh, and I'm also counting down to my next trip to SDC.

TPBM doesn't like Rocky Road ice cream.

Joy

False. {{{{{{Mike}}}}}}

TPBM has seen both the stage and movie productions of Andrew Lloyd Webber's PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. ::grins and nods in direction of avvy::