Favourite Season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Close run thing for me.
Just on the grounds that it has my overall favorite ep I voted season 2, but season 4 also has some I really love. Erm, as does 3, and 1 and 5...
You get the picture!

Sam's Crow said:
So far, my favourite season is season 3, but I'm not voting on one until I've seen all the epsiodes.

Same with me. I've only seen half of season four, and none of season five, so it wouldn't really be fair to vote yet.

I haven't seen all the episodes so I can't vote yet. My Dad's favorite episode of all time is the one where Sam leaps into the chimp. I forget the title, my appologies for that.

Errowyn said:
I haven't seen all the episodes so I can't vote yet. My Dad's favorite episode of all time is the one where Sam leaps into the chimp. I forget the title, my appologies for that.

It was 'The Wrong Stuff'.

leaper1 said:
It was 'The Wrong Stuff'.

Thank you. That is the only episode of Quantum Leap that will make my Dad drop what he's doing and run to the TV.

I do have several favorite episodes from the ones that I have seen. Sam's and Al's bounce off one another so well.

I am about to start on season 5 and still my favourite season so far is season 3. There were a few good episodes in season 4 but in general, season 4 just didn't do it for me.

Errowyn said:
Thank you. That is the only episode of Quantum Leap that will make my Dad drop what he's doing and run to the TV.

LOL! My Dad would be more inclined to run away from the TV when I watched QL. He just doesn't get it. *sigh*

Season 3 is my favorite; it has the most episodes that I re-watch over and over again.

I just watched the first episode of season 5. While that is the only episode I've seen in that season at present, I have a feeling that this season is going to be a little hard to swallow. Between the evil leapers, and Sam's leaps focusing on more "over-the-top" plots, I doubt I'll cast my vote for season 5. Without spoiling anything for me: does Season 5 contain a lot of episodes where the point of Sam's leaps similar to past seasons, or are they different than the past seasons?

Thank you.

Season 5 seemed to have more famous people in it, in the next 2 episodes you will get to enjoy the company of Brooke Shields and Jennifer Aniston.

Hasn't the plot been the same all they way - Sam leaps in to fix what went wrong in the original history?

ris768 said:
Hasn't the plot been the same all they way - Sam leaps in to fix what went wrong in the original history?

I didn't know if the plots stayed the same or not? I noticed a lot of changes from the first episode of the season, and didn't know if the show began to change it's focus. I've seen a lot of shows that began to go downhill in their last seasons, and didn't know if Quantum Leap did the same. However, I've only seen one episode so far, so I certainly couldn't say what the plots are like in season 5.

ohboy said:
I didn't know if the plots stayed the same or not? I noticed a lot of changes from the first episode of the season, and didn't know if the show began to change it's focus. I've seen a lot of shows that began to go downhill in their last seasons, and didn't know if Quantum Leap did the same. However, I've only seen one episode so far, so I certainly couldn't say what the plots are like in season 5.

"Lee Harvey Oswald" isn't a typical episode at all. Overall, in Season 5 the show didn't change its basic focus on Sam leaping through time to change things for the better. It did try some different things, and people disagree about whether they were successful, so it's a matter of taste. Some people like the evil leapers, some don't. I think the show maintained a high level of quality. Just keep an open mind, and you'll have fun.

Yeah, I was just watching some season two episodes yesterday, and boy does he have a mop of hair! Sometimes, it's better groomed than others. Hard to say what my favorite season is. So many favorite episodes scattered throughout the series, hard to be conclusive. Could be season three, though - "The Leap Home," "Private Dancer," "Glitter Rock, "The B**gieman," "Piano Man," & "Last Dance Before an Execution" standout for me. Season two could be close behind because I deeply LOVE "Honeymoon Express" & "M.I.A." The ending of the latter always chokes me up.

-NJM

It's reallly so hard to decide. I think season 3 wins by a nose length, because it has most of my favorite episodes by numbers and "The Leap Home", which simply is my all time favorite. 2 and 4 are very close runner ups. Then maybe 1 and then perhaps 5.

Yeah, that's mainly because both trilogies, Trilogy and the Evil Leapers, just really didn't work for me. I normally like story arcs. But something felt kinda artificial to me :hmm Am I making sense? I don't know, they just felt 'off' for me. Similar with leaping into / close to celebrities, nah, didn't feel right either, although they were all good episodes.

Sam's Crow said:
Scott Bakula looked better when his hair was longer.

No, No it looks far better shorter, all nice and neat. Ha Ha (but i do like the white bit)

As far as seasons go, i really have to sit on the fence here, I love all seasons for two or three special episodes in each one. So to choose would just be impossible for me. Thats like asking me to choose between my childern :lol

I have to say I have favorites in all the seasons. But the ones that I really move me are season three Leap home Pts1 and two cry with part 1.
I have seen that at least 5times already this week again.
I love the episode of Jimmy it makes me cry and touches my heart the relationship with Cory. He is a gem.
I also love in that same season Freedom, Another Mother, Thou Shall Not,
So help Me God,
In season Three besides the above mention I also love 8 1/2 months,
Future boy, Shock theater for how powerful it is and heartbreaking,
Deep Miss South only for Scott singing of Great balls of fire.
Black on White Fire that just is so powerful there are no words.
In season four I love the leap back, And Song for soul the ending is so touching. The actress who sings the gospel song is so talented.
Again except for the evil leapers I love most of season five especially Promise Land. I cry at the end.