1309 Strike Up The Band

What do you rate this episode?

• 5 This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

• 1 Bellisario would be rolling in his grave - if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Strike Up The Band

July 29, 1999
Clanton, Alabama

After studying for seven doctorates, Dr. Sam Beckett finds himself back in high school. Not just "high school", he's a freshman. he has leaped into fourteen year old Adam Bradstreet, a first-chair clarinet player in his high school's marching band. He then meets Adam's section leader, seventeen year old senior Kimberly Chase, who will be the victim of a brutal rape and murder. This leap becomes personal for both Sam and Al, but will they be able to save her in time?

Written by: Claire Jacobs

Thanks for reading!

The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.0

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett

It's a good stand alone story. One problem with it though was with the year the leap takes place. It was listed as both 1999 and 2003. One thing I liked is how Sam remembers Sammi Jo.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty:

:D A great first effort Claire, having Sam's host and the rape victim as friends was very touching. Sam (Adam) was there when Kimberly was attacked. I was a little surprised that you had set the action in July, but then I remembered that marching bands start rehearsal before school starts. Again a fine job, hope to see more from you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker:

The plot was simple, but it was that simplicity that was the story's greatest strength. It was an entertaining read, and the visual descriptions were nicely done, as was the dialogue. A good first outing in the Virtual Seasons. Good job, Claire.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ziggy's Soul:

Excellent story. The type of leap that could easily have been used on the TV series itself. Well rounded and bordered. The storyline was believeable and the leap in was hilarious. Great work, Claire! Hope to see another story of yours again!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanadu:

This was a very well written story. A very good read and I could see how this story could be a story that could have aired on the show! Thanks, Claire for a lovely story!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater 6

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
This fic rocked! ^-^

You're such a good writer!

I'm always starting QL fics and never finishing them...*sigh*

Thank you everyone for your great reviews. I'm so glad that all of you liked it.

HAHA Ziggy's Soul...I'm glad you thought the leap-in was funny. The REALLY funny thing is that that very thing happened to me my first year in marching band. With the exception to the severity of Kimberly's situation, this entire story was based on my real life, so I'm especially glad that you like it :D

Thanks again everyone! I'm hoping to add another story soon! :)

Samantha Beckett

Apologies for the late review, but I have only just had a chance to read this.

I too think this is an excellent maiden opus. You manage to get the reader caught up in the action very well, and I can 'see' it - a sign of a good tv-based fiction.

Whilst I admire the writers who can get into all the political intrigue and alternate universe and way out stuff, and enjoy a lot of those stories too, it is refreshing to sometimes have a more straightforward leap such as featured in the original tv series.

Well done Claire