leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
Article 264:
an idea for a fanfic writer
Date: 10/14/1999

I have really enjoyed reading fanfic crossovers and think that a QL/Pretender crossover would be really cool, but I'm no good at writing. I just thought I would suggest it and see if some more fertle mind could come up with anything.

Reply 1:
Date: 10/14/1999

I would love to do that but unfortunately I have never really watched an entire episode of The Pretender so I couldn't write a very good story. I have thought of doing a crossover of QL and Early Edition but I am in the process of writing out several QL story ideas I have so it will be a while untill I get around to that. By the way, if you would like me to e-mail the QL story I have finished just let me know. If you like it fill me in on the Pretender and I'll see what I can do. All I know about the show is that he pretends to be other people and is being chased after people.

Reply 2:
found some Jarod links which might help
Date: 10/15/1999

www.geocities.com/Televis...npage.html
www.enteract.com/~perridox/pretender/

As I was looking for this info I had another thought. a QL/Knight Rider crossover would be really cool too.
I would love to read your QL fanfic, but I haven't been reading any fanfic since I haven't seen most of the episodes after Raped and don't want to get any spoilers.

Reply 3:
More crossover ideas

someone on another board was aksing for crossover ideas and this is what I came up with, if anyone wants to give them a try.

> Knight Rider
That'd be interesting. Maybe Ziggy could over-ride KITT and communicate directly with Sam. But it's been so long since I've seen that show I can't remember the characters any more. Except Michael and KITT.

> Dukes of Hazzard
That'd be fun, especially where Al's concerned. Boy, could he have a lot of lines about Daisy Mae! And I don't think he'd like Boss Hogg too much...

> Hogan's Heros (not sure how you'd get him there)
> Zorro (really hard to get him there :p)
> Bewitched (that would be funny)
> M*A*S*H (already read one that was really good)
> Star Trek (also been done at least once)
> Highlander (It would be cool if Duncan could sense him)

Reply 4:
To Ferryboat

> M*A*S*H (already read one that was really good)
> Star Trek (also been done at least once)
Do you know where I could find these Crossover stories to read?

Reply 5:
QL Crossovers here
Date: 10/16/1999

for M*A*S*H
quantumfiction.homepage.com/qlmash.html
for Star Trek
ftp://ziggy.cisco.com/ql-archive/alt.ql.creative/leaptrek-i/
for the Star Trek sequal
ftp://ziggy.cisco.com/ql-archive/alt.ql.creative/leaptrek-ii/

Reply 6:
With all due respect to a fellow leaper-

Date: 10/16/1999

Crossing QL with the Pretender would be like Stone Temple Pilots merging with Pearl Jam. The Pretender copied QL's story frameup move for move, but never once came close to capturing the magic that Sam and Al cast on their audience. Sorry.

Reply 7:
Well I still like Pretender
Date: 10/17/1999

even if it's not as good. And I don't see why you couldn't do a crossover anyway.

Reply 8:
Sorry, I don't know Pretender...
Date: 10/18/1999

... and I'm working on a Quantum Leap crossover of my own just now -- a three-way between Quantum Leap, Sliders, and Forever Knight.
The first chapter is done, but I'm a long way to the finish. <G>

Post 35:

Thread Heading: QL fanfic

Date: 07/12/1999

I found a site with some really good QL fanfic and thought I would share it. One story is very good by Jeffery Dent "POW"
(no he is not a friend of mine just a good writer)

members.xoom.com/gcalvarez/fanfic.html

let me know what you all think.

Reply 1: ff

Date: 07/15/1999

The QL fanfic scene is great. There's almost no teeny boppers, not at all like X Files and STar Trek. When I dl a story, I don't even worry about it not being written well.

Anyway, that site you posted is good, but sometimes it loads slow. A great site that has everything and loads super fast is:

ftp:\ \ziggy.cisco.com/ql-archive/alt.ql.creative/

The only thing is that it's just a list of file names. However, it has almost every QL story ever written, because most authors post on that newsgroup. Click on the file "story-guide" to get info on all the stories.

Other good sites:

Fanfic.com (small collection, but it's growing)

www.geocities.com/Area51/...calla.html (all Al/Beth, but good stories)

www.geocities.com/Hollywo...fic.html(a lot of interesting stories of varrying schools of thought. Check out the Tina's Tale.)

Kristi