1013 Second Genesis

Second Genesis

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Second Genesis
February 29, 2004

Second Genesis Project (Somewhere in the Hawaiian Islands)

As the assistant to a quantum physicist named Maxwell Connors, Sam must prevent a cataclysmic explosion from occurring that will result in the deaths of nearly one hundred fifty people. However, when Sam discovers eerie similarities between his String Theory and the research that Connors is conducting, he realizes that it may take more than Al's guidance to help him accomplish his mission.

Written by: Damon C. Sugameli

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1013 Second Genesis

Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.64

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
First of all:

I WISH A VERY HAPPY AND SAFE 2004 TO MY FELLOW RATERS, FANFIC WRITERS & EVERYONE ELSE WHO'LL READ THIS - MAY WE KEEP ON LEAPING!!!

Now, the story - and what a story. I immediately "bought" this idea of a "parallel" project so I do hope it will be used again. Makes a healthy change, after all that "evil leapers" stuff?

Only one thing to say: poor Sam! Not only he's warned (in full "MI style") that "great turmoil" awaits, but moreover, next week he goes back to where it all started. Now I understand the double meaning of the story title...

This year definitely starts with a bang!

RATING: 9.95

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

I would rate SECOND GENESIS a 9 (This was a great story. Will definitely tell others about it.)

Can hardly wait for part 2.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Permit me to borrow a portion of a line first penned by Sir Walter Scott which, in preface to my rating, is most apropos to this episode: "Oh what a tangled web we weave..."

It takes a skilled and patient weaver, whether of silken threads or words, to create a tapestry that not only catches, but also holds the attention of the viewer/reader. And, in this rater's humble opinion, "Second Genesis" is such a tapestry.

The dialogue was dead-spot on, all of the characters were believably real, and the various shades and hues of tension and emotion were well-balanced throughout it all. I know I'm looking forward to future encounters between Sam and Dr. Maxwell Connors.

In "Second Genesis (Part 1) Damon has taken the familiar threads of PQL, Sam and Al and has woven them together with unfamiliar and unpredictable threads to create, not a smooth tapestry, but instead a tangled, fascinating web crafted so skillfully that that this rater was totally absorbed, following avidly along every twist and turn until those frustrating words appeared:

"TO BE CONTINUED."

But January 15th is 5 whole days away!

Well done, Damon!

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
No comment given.

RATING: 9.75

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Damon, what can I say that hasn't already been said by the raters. I was totally engrossed from beginning to end, all of those twists and turns had me on the edge of my seat.

Well done, excellent!

I'm with Sue and the raters - WOW!

What else is there to say?

Kudos to Damon for a brilliantly constructed, gripping episode, that has all the elements we could wish for, and that annoying, nail biting - but powerful - to be continued...

A truly masterful story, I am counting down the hours to see how it plays out.

Well done, DMan!
More...more...gimme more...