1024 Four Minute's Warning

Four Minute's Warning

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Four Minute's Warning
November 14, 1997

Somewhere in the Midlands of England

When Sam leaps in, he discovers that he has a very strange bedfellow. He soon ascertains that his "partner" is an abusive alcoholic with the strength of an ox, and consequently suffers numerous repugnant violations upon his person as well as violent attacks. Can Sam overcome his powerful adversary, or is he destined for the same fate as his host?

Written by: Sue Johnson

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.7

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
Considering his weakened physical performances and the unexpected cliffhanger at the end, guess Sam did his best, like every time. From now on I'll always be careful not to leave my bathroom floor tiles too slippery... could be more dangerous that I thought!

Sue's talent for describing persons & situations is quite efficient: I could almost smell the guy's foul drunken breath. Positively disgusting - how can any woman stand this?

So - are we invited to another rollercoaster ride next week? I hope so... The more frightening it is, the more we like it, don't we?

Another excellent outcome from the BEST new VS writer.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate FOUR MINUTE'S WARNING, Part 1 an 8 (This was a good story. It is a good read.)

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
The fact that this is a true story makes this situation even sadder. Husbands beating their wives is another thing I have zero tolerance for. Makes me ashamed to be associated with the male species sometimes... :(

Excellent, as always, Sue! I am anxiously awaiting Part II! (STILL trying to figure out how the ending connects with Part I, if it even DOES!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Nicely done. Sharp descriptions and adeptly handled twists and turns that hold the reader's interest.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
Very nicely done.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems I am always fated to follow in Sue's footsteps, since 'Where the Buck Stops' followed "Eeny" and 'Leap to the Rescue' is to follow "Four Minute's Warning".
On the one hand, I am humbled to have to come in the wake of such superb talent, on the other I am honored to be associated by the proximity (after all, it means my epilogue/prologue is connected to Sue's story in each case!).
Sue does indeed have a
talent for describing persons & situations
which is consistent throughout her stories, and the fact that this one is largely autobiographical only adds to the impact.
Kudos to you Sue, for a moving and dramatic leap, and folks, having proof read it, hang on to your seats for part two, it's gonna be one heck of a ride!

Gee, Helen, I wonder why your story is following Sue's AGAIN! Could it have something to do with a certain element that links the two together? :b ;)

On a serious note... Sue, I commend you on your strength and endurance to move beyond that point in your life and be able to write about it. If I could find that ex-husband of yours, I think everyone would have to hold me back to make sure I wouldn't get charged with murder. What a creep!

Well done, Sue! Looking forward to next week's installment. Something tells me that there's another "change" in the air... ;)