Old 12-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #26
Al_Calavicci
Control Room Technician

Looking at it again,I can see that it does look like its probably a 9volt.
Its the angle of the photo that threw me off.
Al_Calavicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #27
feldon30
Forum Technician

It's kind of vague. I looked at the original photo I took at the maximum possible resolution and still could not make out 9V or otherwise. But the divet near the top left suggests a 9V.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #28
NeuroMason
Control Room Technician

The Handlink used on the show used the same acrylic im using to build the handlink.. the only difference is that the "blocks of acrylic with the lights inside" were in fact individual rectangular light blocks that were avaliable from a company out of japan that actually resembled little transparent lego's that had L.E.D lights molded inside of the blocks.. they actually came in little packs..you could buy them with the diode's already inside the block with the acrylic molded all around it.. each block had 2 L.E.D's inside them.. and they were the "blade" kind too...

Sadly that company went out of business and most places that actually carried those light blocks either sold out or figured that nobody wanted them and then just trashed them (go figure).. ive searched EVERYWHERE for those things for the last 10 years and there are none left! ha ha.. but some companies said they could probably make me some but if your complaining about the cost of the handlink being too expensive now then you would flip your lid after adding the cost of having those lights custom made!!!!!!!!! lol..

as of right now the way i make them is as close as your gonna get.... they are practicaly the same except instead of having the L.E.D'S molded into the light i have to use seperate L.E.D lights and actually counter sink holes into the back side of the acrylic blocks and then hand set them each into the blocks...as for the battery its just an older cell battery like what was used in most of the first cordless telephones... today they have the highly evolved smaller cell batteries like i use that take up WAY less room! lol... and do the same thing..
Old 12-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #29
NeuroMason
Control Room Technician

Ok, if anybody wants a handlink im currently taking orders!! .. The Base price for one is $250.00 shipped.. (anywhere within the USA). Im also willing to trade for some "Highlander" Stuff.. Like Katana Swords (the good ones like Marto) or maybe if anybody has any or knows somebody that has some of the official Long Coats from the show... If $250.00 sounds like to much for you all then just make me an offer of what you can spend and i'll let you know what i can i can build for the price... maybe if there are enough people wanting them then i can build some pretty good ones and you all can get them cheaper than normal... But we'll see..

Cheers!!

Brad
Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #30
ESP1138
PQL Visitor

Default Cancel My Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroMason View Post
Hey all!

just wanted to let everyone know that i'll be making a few Handlink Replica's soon (complete with sound effect) and if anybody wants one i'll take $250.00 a piece for them!!!! Not bad at all considering all the hard work and patience that goes into one of these things!! lol... Please let me know if anybody is interested. You can email me at Running_out_of_daylight@hotmail.com with any questions. Thank you!!

Neuro
I want to cancel my purchase and I want a refund of my $350. After 18 months you don't answer my e-mails and that is not good business practice.