Go Back   Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community >
Main Quantum Leap Discussions
> Dragon*Con Fan Leap-In Discussion & Planning

View Poll Results: Which year should the fan leap-in take place?
September 2011 3 18.75%
September 2012 11 68.75%
Either year is fine - I'll be there! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #26
tina_als_girl
PQL Security Staff

Maybe we could put together some kind of Leaper event for the 2014 TimeGate con? It's based in Atlanta, Georgia, and it mainly covers Doctor Who and Stargate, but they have other fandoms represented as well. I think QL would fit in great for a small event there.

tina_als_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #27
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina_als_girl View Post
Maybe we could put together some kind of Leaper event for the 2014 TimeGate con? It's based in Atlanta, Georgia, and it mainly covers Doctor Who and Stargate, but they have other fandoms represented as well. I think QL would fit in great for a small event there.
Joy, do you have info on this, like a website, dates, or something? Sounds interesting!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #28
tina_als_girl
PQL Security Staff

Here's their website:

http://www.timegatecon.org/

I don't know much about it, having never been there, but I've seen plenty of people talk about their trips to the con and it seems pretty awesome.

Next year's occurs at the end of May.

I just noticed that one of the guests at the 2011 con was Diana Botsford, who is a professor at my university! She wrote a recent Stargate novel; I bought a signed copy and it's a really good book!

tina_als_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #29
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Timegate would certainly be cheaper and easier for me to get to... And it'd be easier for anyone get tickets, unlike with a bigger con, like Dragon*Con.

Also... I'd like to volunteer my services. I don't know how I could help, since I have no behind the scenes con experience, and I don't know where I'll be whenever we do this, but I'd be glad to help!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #30
ziggytrvlr85
PQL Visitor

Default 2014 QL meeting

Hi All,

First, I'll introduce myself. I liked/ was a fan of QL from the ages of 4ish-11. Then I forgot about QL because I didn't seem to have access to it. I didn't have any of the VHS and it didn't seem to be on t.v. anymore. At least not that I was aware of. A couple of months ago, I again became a fan . QL rocks my socks .

Since I missed all of the action when fans seemed to be at their most feverish (the 90's?). I would really like to meet everyone in 2014. I start my first job since I graduated from grad school on Monday so I should have enough cash in 2014. Here's to hoping. It would be neat too if we have it during the TimeTravel convention as I'm also a fan of DW. I've never been to any conventions before so I'm very excited if this does happen.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #31
ziggytrvlr85
PQL Visitor

Default sorry about previous mesage

I just realized that my previous post may not make any sense. I thought that I read a post where someone suggested 2014 as the year that we meet. I may be mistaken. Oh and the name of the convention that I meant is TimeGate.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #32
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

I changed the forum icon and description to reflect the upcoming next two years since we missed the last two-year window. Time Gate is an option, but I've really always wanted to get to DragonCon!

If we can get some real interest going, would love to make all this happen!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #33
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Any ideas for this yet? The 25th anniversary is coming up, and I'd love to do something, even if it's nowhere near as big as the 20th anniversary con.