1301 Don't Touch The Green Chili

What is your rating for this story?

• 5 This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

• 1 Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.0

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett:
This is an interesting way to open the 13th season. I didn't know what was going on at first and thought "Oh no, the evil leapers are back and PQL is done for." That was quite a twist when it turned out to be a dream. All because Al ate the green chili.

RATING:8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanadu:
This story had a very interesting twist to it. I loved it. Great job, Katherine!

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker:
This episode was a hoot! Poor Al, wandering around the project and confronting one weird moment after another and likely thinking, “Just exactly when did I walk through the door marked “Twilight Zone," and why don’t I remember going through it?”

I loved the exchange between Stephen Beckett and Jude:

"What are we going to do tonight, Stevie?"
"Same thing we do every night, Jude... TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

But without a doubt, my favorite scene of all is encompassed in the last four lines of the story! For sure, Beth isn’t going to let Al forget that for quite a while!

Marvelously done! Kudos!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ruby Slippers
I'd worked out by the fourth page that this was a Chilli induced nightmare, especially given the title, but that didn't detract from the pleasure of reading it. After all the traumas of the last season, it was refreshing to have a change of pace, and a different sort of nightmare for poor Al.
I could see this one airing on TV for Halloween. I loved Ziggy's snits, typical enough for Al to accept them as normal, but outrageous enough to let us know we were in some strange and whacky realm.
Well done Katherine!

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty
This was a great story. But I could not expect anything better from Katherine. Al walking thru the complex being subjected to outlandish activities, that is what a chili-induced nightmare can bring. It got a little sinister at the end but was all in fun. Great job as always, Katherine!

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ziggy's Soul
What a story. I bet that Al heeds Beth's advice in the future. Obviously green chili and Al's stomach do not present a great match. Ths story was fantastically woven and truly had the feeling of a VERY BAD Dream.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

OTHER REVIEWS OF THE STORY:

============
Gooshie's review
============

I figured out from nearly the beginning when Beth was offering alcohol that this was going to be a dream sequence, but I didn't expect it to encapsulate the majority of the episode. This was an different way to start out the season and certainly gained a lot of laughter from me.

Except for the Pinky and the Brain spoof, I didn't get the other two song references. I understand how the lyrics were used in the context but can't say I have ever heard the songs. I would suggest a footnote in the future crediting the artist and song title.

Great job, Katherine! I have to say this is one of the funniest QL stories I've ever read.

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
I'm going to try really hard to keep up this season, so I printed this one out almost as soon as it aired, and I actually managed to set aside enough time to read it by mid-week.

More than anything, this episode reminded me of the Buffy musical episode, and I thought that one was hilarious!

Ziggy's 'virtual' love life was inspired! I've had Al trying to match-make with her and Kitt, another computer with a huge ego, but Max Headroom?!?!! :roflmao

I reckon I have the same sort of twisted mind as Kat (no offense) cos like Ruby I guessed fairly early on that this was going to be a nightmare born of indigestion.

All that was missing was a surprise inspection by Weissman & Co!

And Kat, oh Kat, where on earth did you get that 'jilted' song that Ziggy played in Al's quarters. That is wayyyyy twisted girl! teehee

Thanks, all! I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Yes, I have a twisted mind. I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!

I noticed that my footnotes for the story disappeared somewhere down the line. That's okay. I'll put them here:

The "jilted" song, as you put it, Helen, is called "One More Minute". The song Lothos sings is called "This is the Life". Both are on "Weird" Al Yankovic's album "Dare to Be Stupid".

This was a very cool episode. I don't know if there's every been such a thing in QL before (except for "The Bo0gie-man" I suppose is a close comparison), and I thoroughly enjoyed it. All of the cultural references were great. Oh, and thanks for posting those song titles, Kat. I had an inkling that they were Weird Al but wasn't sure where I'd heard them before. :b

Can't wait to read what else you have in store for us this season. :D

... Mike.

Very interesting indeed! I too realized it was a nightmare early on. Beth warning her husband about the green chili and in the end basically saying "I told you so!". As I told Kat, it reminded me of a virtual episode of Friends(AU). The episode was alternate off the alternate universe series of fanfics.

Great job!

~Steve