Help needed from trivia buff

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
Right, this is a tough one, because there isn't much to go on.

Somewhere in one of the original eps, [can't remember which, nor what the reference was made to] Al made a comment which I cannot recall the exact wording of. Don't know much, do I? :banghead:banghead:banghead
It was something along the lines of something 'snapping back like a whore's garter' or 'a pimp's suspenders' or something equally risque.

I need to know exactly what he said, so that Sam can recall it when he sees something, thinking that would be how Al would describe it if he were there.

This probably doesn't make a lick of sense to anyone, but if it does by any chance, please put me out of my misery and remind me what it was.

leaper1 said:
Right, this is a tough one, because there isn't much to go on.

Somewhere in one of the original eps, [can't remember which, nor what the reference was made to] Al made a comment which I cannot recall the exact wording of. Don't know much, do I? :banghead:banghead:banghead
It was something along the lines of something 'snapping back like a whore's garter' or 'a pimp's suspenders' or something equally risque.

*G*, Helen, even without my first cup of tea of the morning, I knew exactly the episode you meant as soon as I read your post. The quote (exactly) that you're looking for comes from "Genesis"; it's part of the scene where Al has to give Sam a "Dick and Jane" explanation about leaping. The specific quote you want is:

Sam: "A mistake in time?"

Al: "Something that happened in the life of Captain Tom Stratton in '56, since he's the one you bounced out. Once that's put right, you'll bounce back like a pimp's suspenders."

Eleiece

Oh... I hate to be one of those annoying people who goes around correcting other people ... but the line was

"...you'll snap back like a pimp's suspenders."

I recognized the reference too, and I double-checked with the script. :)

Snish said:
Oh... I hate to be one of those annoying people who goes around correcting other people ... but the line was

"...you'll snap back like a pimp's suspenders."

I recognized the reference too, and I double-checked with the script. :)

Good catch. Guess I should have had that cup of tea before putting fingers to the keyboard. :)

Thank you both.
Mille gracis. [sp]

I had every confidence that one or more of my friends here would be able to help me out.