Fair 2 6.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #26
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
Although BluRays of old TV can produce some absolutely stunning results - I saw the original Twilight Zone and it looks like it was made yesterday - it does unfortunately flag up these things, I find. Like the TZ episode where a "bald" character is suddenly wearing a clearly visible bald wig.... or The Prisoner, where the stunt double for Patrick McGoohan couldn't be any more obvious.
lol, yeah, this stunt woman looks nothing like the actress who played Eva. They really couldn't have anticipated how technology would advance and could expose that kind of switch.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #27
Anorak
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue enigma View Post
lol, yeah, this stunt woman looks nothing like the actress who played Eva. They really couldn't have anticipated how technology would advance and could expose that kind of switch.
It's hard to fathom just how not only the image quality, but also the quality of TVs could be so bad that this wasn't noticed before. I say that as someone who watched it at the time, of course.

As I said, it wouldn't have been a big deal if it was in real time, but they even used slow motion for that bit.