1230 On Dangerous Ground

What is your opinion of this story?

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

WorldWithoutSamBeckett_logo.gif

On Dangerous Ground
October 23, 1952

Kowang-san (Hill 355), Korea

Tom leaps into a soldier fighting in the Korean War, finding that not only does he have to fight the enemy at hand but also the demons in his own mind.

Written by: Mike Bloxam

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of six raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.3

Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Seeker said:
I quite enjoyed this episode. It was very well written, and the scene between Tina and Ziggy about keeping things “per-son-al” was hilarious. Well done indeed, Mike.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris J. Finkle said:
No Comment Given

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
This was a great story. With Tom as the leaper we can go back farther. Having an episode involving the Korean War was a change from Vietnam which is usually the war depicted. An all-around great story. Well done!

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Marigold Brambleburr said:
The Leap aspect of this was very interesting, Tom having to face the situation of being in battle in Korea combined with his PTSD from Vietnam certainly gave a definite degree of poignancy. Well done for bringing the reader into that situation in a very realistic way. This reviewer was disappointed that Al was very much like his "old self" as opposed to the Albert we've gotten to know in this new timeline, though. It is nice to see things gradually returning to normal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Vince Beckett said:
This is a pretty good story. It mentioned a few times about how determined Tom is to save Sam. Hopefully he does soon. He remembers two conflicting histories, so subconciously he knows that things aren't the way they should be.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Xanadu said:
Mike, this is an excellent story with many aspects that have been drawn upon before and you make the soldiers real. You must have done your homework on Little Gebraltar. Very well crafted for this very interesting arc. It was a good read.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got to read this story today.

It was an enjoyable read, and like one of the raters, I loved the wrangling with Tina and Ziggy.

I also liked how Tom had to battle the daemons of his past - it was very realistically portrayed.

When Tom diverted the tank into the woods, I couldn't help thinking "I bet that's exactly what Sam would have done!" and it felt right that his brother was handling the leap the way he would.

Well done Mikey.