1015 To Say Goodbye

To Say Goodbye

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
To Say Goodbye
December 1, 1974

Elk Ridge, Indiana

Sam gets the chance to say a proper goodbye to his father, but needs a little help in figuring out what to say. He then passes on his learned lesson to the rest of his family in the guise of a hospital doctor.

Written by: K. L. Cole and A. J. Burfield

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.8

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
I just can't find words to describe how I feel after reading this... I agree with Morris, it doesn't have to be longer, there's enough emotion in these pages to last a whole lifetime. All of us know that, unlike Sam, IRL we'll NEVER be granted such a kind of "second chance"; so may we remember the essential message of this story: say these simple words to our loved ones, before it's too late. (I hadn't shed so many tears on QL since Sam was singing 'Imagine' to Katie in TLH1...)

Obvious rating: 10!

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate TO SAY GOODBYE a 9 (This was a great story. Will definitely tell others about it.) A great way for Sam to say goodbye to his father. Very touching.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
This is EXACTLY the kind of story that needed to be told for a long time. While I personally would have liked the story to be a bit longer, in all honesty, any "filler" would have taken away from what was truly a stand-out episode filled with emotion and closure (not only for Sam, but for "us" as well.)

Well done, AJ... and to newcomer K. L. Cole! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Seeing A.J. Burfield's name as one of the authors of this story told me what to expect from it, and I was not disappointed. And my compliments to you, too, K. L. Cole as well. Together you and A. J. have written a story that, for my own reasons, is best summed up with three words:

Perfect... and... Thank you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
A low-key leap: -
No nail biting danger, no tense life and death struggle for Sam, no bad guy to battle, no great romance, or high comedy.
So - was this a disappointing leap?

NO WAY!

It had heart, it had emotion, it had me in tears!

I loved it.

I loved the touch of Al saluting, something he reserved for few people.
I loved the old lady, who could have been a female bartender Al.
I loved Sam's angst.

Well done for an unusual, but wonderful story.

Excellent episode! Sam gave himself a chance to say goodbye to his dad.:( And Tom's anger at Sam for not being there; that made me a little disappointed at first but then realized that deep down in his heart Sam is there even if he doesn't see that Sam is actually there. Sam needed this opportunity for a really long time and I thank you for making it happen in our hearts!

~Steve(aka RossBeckett)

I totally agree... this needed to happen for a VERY long time. I had seriously contemplated writing something like this myself, although it wouldn't have nearly been as emotional as this was. My idea had been more along the lines of Sam leaping into like a family member at his father's funeral (at the end of the episode or something), so that he could finally be there "in spirit."

AJ said this was submitted 4 years ago. I really hope AJ finds Kim online somewhere so that she can know how great her story is. :)

Wonderful, an absolutely wonderful gem -- *sob* *sniffle*