1011 Eeny Meany Miny Mo, Part II

Eeny Meany Miny Mo, Part II

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Eeny Meany Miny Mo, Part II
May 18, 1969

Outskirts of Hot Springs, South Dakota

Stephen has been at it again, inventing being his specialty. As soon as Sam leaps in, he is on the receiving end of Al's sarcastic witticisms. Sam is there to stop triplet sisters from poisoning their future stepfather, but things go drastically wrong when Sam starts asking the wrong questions.

Written by: Sue Johnson

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.9

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
Reading this Irish "mumbo-jumbo" was indeed a challenge - reminded me about a few years ago when I'd visited Scotland - until then, I thought I was fluent in English (which is NOT my native language) but believe me, driving (moreover, on the "wrong" side of the road), asking directions and trying to understand what those nice, charming but totally undecipherable people were trying to say... wow. Not surprising that even the "emergency hotline" in the story made a mistake!

I also have to agree with the "we want more of Stephen" comment! He deserves to become a very important character in the future development of the VS - for ex. I'd love to read about him and Sammy Jo working together on the retrieval program and HE finds what's wrong with it and finally allows his father to go back home (sob - no more VS then?)

This exceptionally long (the longer, the better...) Part 2, with plenty of twists & turns really got me hooked and thus lead to an almost sleepless night: I simply could NOT stop and say "I'll read the rest tomorrow". I was right last week: this will remain one of the season's favorites.

RATING: 9.75

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate EENY MEANY MINEY MO Part II a 9 (This was a great story. Will definitely tell others about it.)

Love Stephen, I hope we see more of him.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
At first, I thought it was just me not being able to comprehend the heavy Irish inflections, but when even Sam had to do a double take, I started cracking up laughing. A bit more serious than Part 1, but still a very good conclusion to an... interesting story.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
For me, the spelled-out heavy Irish dialect, though it added a nice flavor, interrupted the flow of the story. Having to focus, more or less, on each word to sound it out in order to understand what was being said was like stop & go traffic - move a few feet and stop, move a few feet and stop. Other than that, it was a good second part, good action, good logic, and equating Al to a leprechaun was a fun touch, all the parts coming together in a smoothly woven conclusion to a good story.

RATING: 8.25

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
Good story. Great read and it kept you on edge.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
A little confusing towards the end, especially with all those Irish-speaking blokes. I felt just like Sam: I had to read what they said about 3 times just to figure out what the HECK they were saying! :lol

Otherwise, very good ending, Sue. Well done!

I have to say, that was a pretty darn good story. Part 2 was more suspenseful than part 1. And I loved it when Al was having a good time pretending to dodge Charles's hits!:lol I totally relate to Sam about the strong Irish accent.
And great idea about the connection to the 10th season opener! I like to think that Al's Aunt Bridgitte is Stawpa's(actual Russian spelling?) sister!
Great job Sue!

~Steve(aka RossBeckett):D

P.S. Totally separate from topic: Friends final episode begins taping this Friday!