NEWS Exclusive: Meet the New characters of ReBoot Quantum Leap

Spartan83

Project QL Assistant
Nov 16, 2021
I don't know how legit or credible this source site is but here below we are introduced to new characters Dr Prassad, Addison, Ian Wright etc below
---------------------------------------------------------

The 90’s sci-fi series Quantum Leap is getting a reboot at NBC. And now, we’ve got a better idea of what fans can expect from the upcoming series.

The original Quantum Leap followed physicist Sam Beckett as he time-hopped through various eras by “leaping” into the bodies of other people. The new series takes place in the same universe, following a new team assembled to restart the Quantum Leap project.

With casting currently underway for the NBC pilot, let’s take a look at the characters bringing this reboot to life.

QUANTUM LEAP – SERIES REGULARS
The following characters are described as series regulars and key players in the new Quantum Leap series.

Dr. Ben Prassad – Ben is a first-generation American, a world-renowned physicist, and a man of faith. He’s also working on Quantum Leap, a time travel project. But when he uses the project on himself, he’s transported back to the late 80s and struck with a bout of amnesia – forgetting what made him time travel in the first place.

The casting for Ben calls for a man in his mid 30s to early 40s, of AAPI or MENA descent.

Addison – Addison is a smart, witty, fearless ex-military operative who now serves as a project lead at Quantum Leap HQ. She’s in charge of the technology they use to communicate with the past, and tries to rescue Ben from his time-flung existence.

The open-ethnicity casting for Addison calls for a woman in her 30s.

Ian Wright – Quantum Leap’s nonbinary chief architect of the AI program, who prefers the company of computers to that of other people.

The open-ethnicity casting calls for a person in their 20s, and encourages non-binary actors to submit.

Herbert “Magic” Williams – A Vietnam vet and current head of the time travel project at Quantum Leap. Herbert “Magic” Williams uses his no-nonsense personality and aura of control to keep the Pentagon at bay while the team tries to rescue Ben.

The casting calls for a black man in his 60s.

Jenn – Head of security at Quantum Leap HQ. Described as quirky but formidable, she makes it her mission to figure out how Ben could have both leapt back in time and erased all evidence of the leap in the future.

ADDITIONAL GUEST STARS
In addition to the series regular roles, the show is also casting the following key guest stars:

Janis – A mysterious woman who was working with Ben in the present before his leap through time, whose true motives remain unknown. The role is described as a recurring guest spot, casting a white woman in her 40s.

Naomi – A wife attempting to ask her husband for a divorce. Unfortunately, she doesn’t realize Ben currently occupies her husband’s body. The open-ethnicity casting calls for a woman in her late 30s.

MORE ABOUT QUANTUM LEAP
It’s been 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now a new team has been assembled to restart the project in the hopes of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it. Embracing the iconic series’ signature blend of humor, heart, and history, this reboot expands upon the Quantum Leap universe, taking us on a thrilling journey across space and time, exploring the timeless notion of what it’s like to walk in another person’s shoes, and the enduring value of changing lives for the better.

Production on the Quantum Leap pilot begins in Vancouver this March.

https://thathashtagshow.com/2022/02/03/meet-the-key-characters-in-the-quantum-leap-reboot/

Last edited:
So thathashtagshow.com has been around since 2013, has 7500 followers on Twitter, and a relatively small Google footprint. This seems implausible but I guess we'll find out if the Pilot is ever released/aired.

I saw this too. I'm not sure what to think about this "casting." If it's legit (which it probably is), there seems to be very little connective tissue to any of the original characters, which concerns me a bit. Obviously, we're not going to be told much about these new characters yet beyond basic casting, so it would be premature to judge the premise based on that alone. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well I suppose any one of those main characters working on PQL could have some links to the original characters through family, marriage or their friends having worked with Gushie, AL or Donna in the past.

We will find out.

Herbert "Magic" Williams is who Sam leaped into in Vietnam in "The Leap Home-Part 2!" I wonder if/how other former Leapees will fit into to this, but it is the most intriguing aspect of the casting call.

Herbert "Magic" Williams is who Sam leaped into in Vietnam in "The Leap Home-Part 2!" I wonder if/how other former Leapees will fit into to this, but it is the most intriguing aspect of the casting call.

Good spot there Krush, now I'm wondering being a Vietnam vet "Magic" could of had some recollection of being leapt into by Sam seeing as though he had an inate 6th sense perception, magic by name magic by nature. Alternatively, Magic could have been part of the rescue team which retrieved/welcomed back m.i.a Al Calavicci.

This is a positive development.

Casting sheets often have fake names to help preserve the secret of who the characters are. Also notice some of those characters have no last names. Which means it’s very likely they are related to someone we already know. Probably Sam or Al.

I would be surprised if none of Al’s daughter are part of this. My guess is Jenn head of Project security is one. Followed her father’s military career, quirky personality.

Casting sheets often have fake names to help preserve the secret of who the characters are. Also notice some of those characters have no last names. Which means it’s very likely they are related to someone we already know. Probably Sam or Al.

I would be surprised if none of Al’s daughter are part of this. My guess is Jenn head of Project security is one. Followed her father’s military career, quirky personality.

Based on what was said in the podcast, the co-hosts sort of implied that they knew the identity of the one recurring guest character, Janis, but couldn't say anything beyond that. The casting specifically calls for a white woman in her 40s. I'm speculating that Janis is one of Al's daughters, possibly the oldest of the four. The earliest Al and Beth could have possibly started a family would have been 1974 (since he supposedly got repatriated in 1973), so the age lines up.

I listened to that podcast. Very interesting and very exciting. Now Helen Shaver directing has come out in official news sources. Almost a full before it leaked online.

I am very optimistic about this. For long time I resolved myself to thinking we would never see Quantum Leap again. Or if it happened it would be years from now in the form of a full reboot. I am thrilled that it’s a continuation with Don and Deborah involved. Plus it’s encouraging to hear from the podcast that these new writers are fans of the show. I was stunned to see Magic in the cast. I have identified him in a few general Sci Fi forums to people who where fans of the show but did not remember his name.

I don't hold out much hope, tbh. It's been so long now and I think the ending of the series was fine as it was, being open ended with Sam, we surmise, still being out there, maybe as himself, rather than replacing people. That woked-up casting call rings alarm bells for a start. QL was always socially conscious but Hollywood woke is a steamroller that even with Don and Deb involved in the series in some capacity, won't help. Plus every revival/reboot or continuation of series in recent years has netted some awful efforts that still get renewed year after year for some obscure reason. To wit, Star Trek Discovery and Picard and films such as the Mickey Mouse Star Wars films and the Kelvin Trek films. It's not coincidental that those have had Abrams and/or Kurtzman involved. The guys are hacks and destroyed true Wars and Trek between them.

So I'm new here although I've been reading the posts on these forums for a couple of years now. I had to respond to this. I talked about my reservations of the diversity casting on Reddit and Fate's Wide Wheel. I had no idea it would cause a huge uproar and I'd get a lot of abuse like I did with Doctor Who.

In case anyone is interested to know the above podcast was making direct reference to my conversation with one of the hosts Sam (I think the guy on the right) even down to him quoting me a few times. I'm not sure why a conversation with a random fan is enough for him to make a podcast about me. To give context I did have a long conversation with the guy and he was one of the few to have discourse with me however he struggled to relate to any of my points even though I could see where he was coming from. He seemed okay with people on his Twitter page hurling insults of racism at me but didn't like the fact I defended myself. It felt very one sided and I don't think he learned anything from our conversation.

I will watch the reboot and I hope it does well but I'm cautious knowing Hollywood's previous 'woke' output. 😃

I have no doubt that Janis’s name is taken from the Roman God Janus.

Here I took this from Wikipedia “the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, frames, and endings. He is usually depicted as having two faces”

So many things that could apply to Quantum Leap in that brief description.

I have no doubt that Janis’s name is taken from the Roman God Janus.

Here I took this from Wikipedia “the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, frames, and endings. He is usually depicted as having two faces”

So many things that could apply to Quantum Leap in that brief description.

I think the duality aspect is foreshadowing the introduction of the Evil leapers, it would fit with the timeline of them coming from a timeline "20 years ahead" of the original QL project.

I can see Janis feeding tech and spec details of the re-opened quantum leap project to an evil sinister organisation to set up the Evil quantum leap program.