who would you choose?!

isz

Project QL Intern
Jun 4, 2007
Jerusalem,Israel
Here is a question to all of you fans...
Lets say you need to cast actors/actreses for a supporting roles in a new tv movie of quantum leap,which is gonna be the closure of the original Quantum Leap and maybe the start of a new series(Let say - Quantum Leap- The next generation)starring Scott and Dean,of course(Unless you want to change it... ;) ). Money is not an issue
Now i'll give you a short list of roles you need to fill,and you'll give me the names of the actores/actresess you want to see in the role... (feel free to explain your choices).

For Example -
Donna Eleese- Teri Hatcher(it's time for the original Donna Eleese to come back for the role!).
Sammy jo - Amber Tamblyn or Amber Benson(Both are great singers like Scott Bakula.Tamblyn is also a poet and i like her better, but above all that - Dean Stockwell is tamblyn's Godfather...:) ).
Ziggy(voice) - Barbara Streisand(Ziggy already has her ego so why not her voice...:lol )

here are the rest of the roles(feel free to add some more charecters you would like to see from the present of Starbright project in the Quantum Leap Universe).

Gooshie
Katie Beckett
Tom Beckett
Beth
Tina
etc.

So...What would your choices be?

I am not sure but I know that for Beth I would want Susan Doil to return. She was a great Beth in both MIA and Mirror Image and shes very pretty. I definitely agree with your placing Terri Hacher as Donna I loved her although Mimi Kuzyke(sp?) was good as well, I loved Terri Hacher and I loved how Scott seemed to blush a bit when he talked about her on the little before the ep interview. "And well Stunning, I think I said that..." and he has the cutest expression hehe. He seemed to really like working with her so it would be perfect to bring her back. I would give the role od Tina to Kyra Sedgwick. She was in one of my favorite movies in '93 called Heart and Souls. In fact I almost at one time mistook her and Tina for the same actress. I think she would make a very good Tina. Gooshi is the hardest one, I don't think anyone could top Dennis Wolfburg, God rest his soul.

A few clarifications -
1.feel free to choose your Donna Eleese,Ziggy and sammy jo along the rest of the "cast".
2.I'm talking of the existent Quntum Leap universe present,which means that Beth calavicci need to be at her 60's. Tom Beckett need to be in his 60's,too, kathy beckett need to be at her 40's and so on(though today in the movies bussinesses it's no problem making someone looks much younger/older then his/her real age...).
3. feel free to add pictures of your choices. :)

4. Teri Hatcer - Donna Eleese(I'm sure no one need a picture of her.:))
Amber tamblyn - Sammy Jo.
in Israel she mostly known as Joan from "Joan of Arcadia".
http://imdb.com/name/nm0848554/

/ Amber Benson - Sammy Jo.
Mostly known as "Tara Maclay" in "Buffy,The Vampire Slayer"- http://imdb.com/name/nm0072435/

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Gooshi is the hardest one, I don't think anyone could top Dennis Wolfburg, God rest his soul.

I quite agree, which is why in my stories I had Gooshi replaced on the payroll after his untimely death, though for the benefit of Sam and the Committee, the new guy had to be referred to as Gooshie whenever on duty. Ziggy didn't like it and refused to call him Gooshie as she said there could only ever be the one Gooshie. {shameless plug over}

Having said that, if the producers decided to recast the role of Gooshie in the original form, I think they could do a lot worse than cast Sir Anthony Hopkins in the role.

I agree with this whole 'thing' about Gooshie not being replaced. Gooshie died as soon as Dennis Wolfberg died.

Anyway, I'd want to keep Deborah Pratt as the voice of Ziggy, as I can't imagine Ziggy with any other voice.

I have a good idea who I'd want the other characters to be, but their names escape me, so I'll have to look them up.

No Strings attendees, help. Didn't Scott mention Amber Tambyln at the M & G. He was trying to remember what movie she was in recently. Am I remembering the correct name?

SBeckett said:
No Strings attendees, help. Didn't Scott mention Amber Tambyln at the M & G. He was trying to remember what movie she was in recently. Am I remembering the correct name?

That sounds interesting but sorry I have no knowledge of it. She was recently in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is that maybe it, or has she been in something else since?

sambeckett94 said:
I agree with this whole 'thing' about Gooshie not being replaced. Gooshie died as soon as Dennis Wolfberg died.

Exactly, thats why I have decided that to add to my cast list I would just replace the charactor of Gooshi all together, maybe St. John could take over, I thought he was halarious in Leap for Lisa and he's really smart.

SBeckett said:

Her movie that's out now is called Stephanie Daley. I love the idea of casting her except that she's too young to play Sammy Jo, who would be in her 40s now as she was born in the 1960s.

Yes she would be approximatly 43 which is about the exact same age as her father the day he leaped for the first time. Tamblyn is absolutly too young for such a role, she's just a kid. Some fun trivia for you all though, it just so happens that her father had a guest role in an episode. Russ Tamblyn portrayed slime-ball author Burt Glassermen in Thou Shalt Not.

Last edited:
How old were Sammy jo in Trilogy-part 3 - 10?!
if so she wouldn't be at her 40's... though i agree tamblyn is too young if we'll talk about 2007 in the present of the Quantum Leap univrse.
in the other hand...if we're looking at the year 2007,teri hatcher is also too young for donna eleese(who should be in her 50's according to Quantum leap universe)... wouldn't you agree?!
That why i think we should try and be a bit flexible in this.
I'll tell you what... Let say Donna Eleese age is between 40 to 50.
Sammy Jo age is between 25 to 35.
Beth age is between 54 to 64.
Katie Beckett age is between 34 to 44.
Tom Beckett is in his late 50's
And Tina is in her 30's.
About gooshie... It's in your hands - bring someone else for the part,or bring some one else to replace him.

Yes Sammy Jo would be in her forties, Kristen and I did the math, mostly her because shes best at it. It would be early forties though, approximatly 43 as I said above.

And as for Terri Hatcher shes gotta be at least in her 30's or early forties so if it be needed thats what makeup is for.

Trilogy part 2 took place on June 14, 1966 when sammy jo were concieved. lets say 9 month later sammy jo were born - 1967. Trilogy- part 3 took place on July 28,1978 - Sammy Jo is 11.
2007 - 29 years later makes sammy jo 40 not 43. well...i guess it's mean teri hatcher can play sammy jo,but not Donna. :)

How do we know it is going to take place in '07 though, they may want to place it farther in the future. But eaither way I was close, 43, 40. I was right about her being in her forties eaither way.
And I don't think so, Teri Hatcher as Sammy Jo. I disagree. Like I said before she's close enough so just give her some makeup and she can be Donna.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Exactly, thats why I have decided that to add to my cast list I would just replace the charactor of Gooshi all together, maybe St. John could take over, I thought he was halarious in Leap for Lisa and he's really smart.
We can't replace Gooshie with St. John, because Roddy MacDowell, who played St. John, died in 1998. And we can't replace Roddy MacDowell with someone else as St. John, because Roddy MacDowell was St. John, as St. John was Roddy MacDowell; just like Dennis Wolfburg was Gooshie, as Gooshie was Dennis Wolfburg.

Does that make any sense at all? :nut

Sam Beckett Fan said:
How do we know it is going to take place in '07 though, they may want to place it farther in the future. But eaither way I was close, 43, 40. I was right about her being in her forties eaither way.
And I don't think so, Teri Hatcher as Sammy Jo. I disagree. Like I said before she's close enough so just give her some makeup and she can be Donna.

Teri hatcher as Sammy jo was a joke. I like teri very much,but i can't see her as Sammy Jo.

Anyway I'm sticking with Both Ambers for Sammy Jo. unless you have older actress who is also a good singer(like Scott Bakula). But no Nicole Kidman,ahh... ;)

Al The Observer said:
We can't replace Gooshie with St. John, because Roddy MacDowell, who played St. John, died in 1998. And we can't replace Roddy MacDowell with someone else as St. John, because Roddy MacDowell was St. John, as St. John was Roddy MacDowell; just like Dennis Wolfburg was Gooshie, as Gooshie was Dennis Wolfburg.

I agree. I'd rather not see St. John recast and put in Gooshie's place. Just put someone new in the Control Room.

Also, Amber Tamblyn is too young to play Sammy Jo, but she could be one of Al's daughters--which would be very appropriate since she really is Dean's goddaughter. In fact, why not put her in the Control Room?

Keep in mind that Scott is past 50, and Dean is past 70, and no matter what time the story takes place, the other actors should be at appropriate ages to match with them. You don't want them to be older than everyone else in the cast. Unless you're going to recast Sam and Al, in which case... I'm outta here.

AL: Ok I didn't know he died, and I agree with you.
isz: OK sorry sometimes its hard for me to see jokes over the internet. I am often on your ide of that as well though so its cool. what do you mean both Ambers?

Sam Beckett Fan said:
isz: OK sorry sometimes its hard for me to see jokes over the internet. I am often on your ide of that as well though so its cool. what do you mean both Ambers?

I ment by Both Ambers ,that Both Amber Tamblyn And Amber Benson,i mentioned in my messege that opened the thread, are my Top nominees for the role of Sammy Jo.

BTW About the suggestion of casting Amber Tamblyn for the role of one of Al's Doughters... I like it,too. As long as she'll get the part of the leaper if There would be "Quantum Leap: The next Generation" series. :)

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Oh didn't notice the other mention, and I have not heard of Amber Benson.

Well Amber Benson is not as famous as Amber Tamblyn,but if you'll speak with a "Buffy the vampire slayer" fanatics they'll tell you exactly who she is. she played there for almost 3 seasons as a guest star in the part of Willow Rosenberg's(Alison Hannigan) girlfriend - Tara Maclay, And she most definitely one of the most favourites charecters in BTVS. :)

Ellen is pretty and would give her more of a Sam resemblence but Jayma would give her more of an Abigale resemblence. So eaither could work depending on who she should resemble more.

I ment Jayma for the part of Tina not Sammy Jo. Jayma is too young for Sammy Jo.she's 28 and we agreed here that Sammy Jo should be in her late 30's arly 40's.
By the way right now for Sammy Jo i'm thinking more on the direction of Amy Acker(She played Winifred 'Fred' Burkle/Illyria in "Angel" and Kelly Peyton in season 5 of "Alias") and Amber Benson.

Amy Acker -
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0009918/

isz said:
I ment Jayma for the part of Tina not Sammy Jo. Jayma is too young for Sammy Jo.she's 28 and we agreed here that Sammy Jo should be in her late 30's arly 40's.
By the way right now for Sammy Jo i'm thinking more on the direction of Amy Acker(She played Winifred 'Fred' Burkle/Illyria in "Angel" and Kelly Peyton in season 5 of "Alias") and Amber Benson.

Amy Acker -

Yeh I agree, Amy Acker could do justice to the role of Sammy Jo.

isz said:

Amy Acker -

Sorry but I think you may have accidently left that out as all I saw was asking about Sammy Jo. For Tina I don't really think so.

I have the perfect nominee for the part of Gooshie - William H. Macy. Any response?!

BTW - It took me a long time but i decided.that if i would recast the parts i mentioned in the start of the thread for a new QL episode - I'll go with Amber Tamblyn and Kristen Bell("Veronica Mars") as two of Al's Daughters ,Amy Acker or Jennifer Garner("Alias","Electra") as Sammy-Jo,Jaima Mayes as Tina and Susen Doil or Michelle pfeiffer as Beth.