Well, I caved...but....

McDuck

GizmoDuck for PQL Security
Staff member
Jun 4, 2004
Duckburg
....at least Universal didn't get money from me. I found a new Season 3 of QL on eBay with Buy It Now for $24.99. So, since I couldn't not get the full scenes/dialogue, but didn't want to give Universal any of my money for it given the butchering of the music (again)....this was an acceptable compromise to myself.

I'm really hoping someone will buy the set for me for my birthday, as I feel the same way you do, Jennie. I refuse to pay Universal a cent of my own money even though I know it will make virtually no difference in their profits. But I just need my QL fix! If I never get it as a gift, I'll probably eventually resort to looking on eBay as well. Everywhere I've seen the set, it was no less than $50.00, which I think is a little steep.

QL Nut said:
I'm really hoping someone will buy the set for me for my birthday, as I feel the same way you do, Jennie. I refuse to pay Universal a cent of my own money even though I know it will make virtually no difference in their profits. But I just need my QL fix! If I never get it as a gift, I'll probably eventually resort to looking on eBay as well. Everywhere I've seen the set, it was no less than $50.00, which I think is a little steep.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/search.cfm

Try this link...free shipping

Well, I have to say that "Black On White On Fire" got it pretty bad. The music replacements are just...well...atrocious. At least they kept one song, but it doesn't really make too much of a difference. But it's not just the music in this episode, it's the video. The entire thing is just way too dark. It's actually so dark that a lot of times I couldn't see the actors' faces, being that much of the episode takes place at night. Most of the archival footage of burning buildings is blacked-out as well as I can only see the fire. Even the opening credit sequence looks too dark, particularly at the very beginning when the camera zooms through the sky. It looks like the sun is setting! Of course, once again, they screwed up another top episode in the series. :\

McDuck said:
....at least Universal didn't get money from me

You are forgetting one thing if you don?t give Universal your cash then they will not see a profit in the DVDs and intern not a market for Quantum Leap and therefore no reason to re-release the series with better extras and the original music.

We should be buying as many copies as we can to show that there is a market. Complete waste of money but profit is the only thing big corporations understand.

Chicken and egg situation.

If we buy it, it shows Universal that we'll buy their flawed DVDs.
If we don't buy it, it shows Universal that there isn't demand for QL.

Hellblazer said:
You are forgetting one thing if you don?t give Universal your cash then they will not see a profit in the DVDs and intern not a market for Quantum Leap and therefore no reason to re-release the series with better extras and the original music.

We should be buying as many copies as we can to show that there is a market. Complete waste of money but profit is the only thing big corporations understand.

Oh Universal got cash for that particular set as whoever sold it on eBay had to buy it first. But the bottom line for me is....it wasn't MY money Universal got. Some entrepreneur got MY money. ;)

It's all semantics. <g>