What the heck? Miami Vice gets original music and QL doesn't?

mgcrans

Project QL Intern
Aug 24, 2005
I just read over at www.tvshowsondvd.com that Universal is not getting rid of the music on their Miami Vice: Season 2 release.

Has Universal finally smartened up or is this a one time thing from them?

It is just really sad that when it comes to Quantum Leap, they can't get rid of the music fast enough, but Miami Vice can have U2, the Who, and who knows what else.:realmad

Here's to a multi-region DVD player if the Region 2 release of Quantum Leap has the original music.

You know what I bet it is? They view Quantum Leap as a "cheap" set - cheap to make, in other words, because they're not putting much effort into it. (This should be abundantly clear with the lack of special features, easter eggs, and behind the scenes stuff if nothing else). Miami Vice was a more "mainstream" show, so they're putting more effort (money) into it and getting the music liscenses. That's just my opinion. I think even if they do change now, the set is kind of screwed. I was just thinking last night about how strange the end of Mirror Image is going to look *without* "Georgia", and how strange it would look *with* it, since the MIA episode from season 2 doesn't have it.

mgcrans said:
I just read over at www.tvshowsondvd.com that Universal is not getting rid of the music on their Miami Vice: Season 2 release.

Has Universal finally smartened up or is this a one time thing from them?

It is just really sad that when it comes to Quantum Leap, they can't get rid of the music fast enough, but Miami Vice can have U2, the Who, and who knows what else.:realmad

Here's to a multi-region DVD player if the Region 2 release of Quantum Leap has the original music.

Well, as much as we all know how important music is to Quantum Leap, the show wasn't noticed for that in particular, in my opinion. I'd say music played just as big of a role──if not, bigger──to Miami Vice, only its effect was for different purposes. It was also one of the main gimmicks of MV, and contributed a lot to its popularity and coolness factor. The series also frequently used original artists like Ted Nugent and Phil Collins (not that QL or any other show didn't).

I'd also agree that extra attention is going to this series because it was a cultural phenomenon back in the '80s. Unfortunately, I don't think the same could be said about QL, at least not when compared to MV. Not to mention the fact that a big-budgeted motion picture based on the series will come out soon, which might have something to do with it as well.

Al's Handlink said:
I still think that they are going to release the reat of the sets bare bones and then re-release them just like we want them, but as a Special Edition

Keep dreaming.:roflmao:

you know what i think. QL is an old show that's been cancelled for a long time, it's practically forgotten and there arn't many fans still out there, and it was a pretty cheap show, this is what they probably figure so they think, who cares?

SamBeckettfann said:
you know what i think. QL is an old show that's been cancelled for a long time, it's practically forgotten and there arn't many fans still out there, and it was a pretty cheap show, this is what they probably figure so they think, who cares?

I tell 'em who cares

We Care!!!

And there are plenty of us too!

leaper1 said:
I tell 'em who cares

We Care!!!

A mass angry write-in, call-in, or emailing anyone? Let's let our voices be heard!!! (tho I don't think it'll do much good against Universal) Who's with me?!?!

Samantha Beckett

leaper1 said:
I tell 'em who cares

We Care!!!

i know i totally agree with you leaper one, my mom is 43 years old and when i started watching it, i accidently got her into it too becasue she remembered it, great shows like QL are extremely contagous!