American Idol - Please read!!

Bexter

Project QL Intern
Mar 13, 2007
Western Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey if any of you are watching/voting for american idol then please consider Michael Johns... He's my besties step-bro!! My friend Al and I have been friends for 20 years and I know he'd be totally stoked if his brother won!!

And for no other reason... then vote for him cause he has a brother called Al!!! :hurray:

Just finished listening to my friend being interviewed on the radio about his brother in idol...

Don't forget to vote for him everyone, I'm so excited. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I must admit that the biggest reason i want him to win is because he might record some of Alan's music later on and that would be amazing!!

MICHAEL JOHNS FOR AMERICAN IDOL!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

I don't get to watch AI very often this season, but the times I have, I always enjoy Michael's singing.

Eleiece

I have to say I'm very bummed out that Michael Johns was cut. But I HIGHLY recommend the American Idol Studio Versions of his last 4 songs (Day In The Life, Across The Universe, It's So Wrong, and Dream On) on iTunes. They are full versions and they are gorgeous. Just ... wow. I have the first 3 on my iPod and they blow me away every time.

Alan rang me at about 9.30am to tell me about the elimination and said "are you coming into town today?" Which I wasn't but I did anyway and had lunch with him to try and cheer him up. It will probably take more than lunch with me to cheer him up but I hope it helped. I'm going to try and talk him into still having a party though, nothing wrong with celebrating how well he's done so far.

Last edited:
That never occurred to me, if he comes to Perth in the next year and I meet him at Alans house, I'll ask him. But I would never ask Alan to ask him as I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. I was just hoping for a chance to meet him and his wife for a coffee when I was in LA, but I suspect he'll probably be doing rock star stuff and he won't even be there. Never mind, if the opportunity arises I'll put in a plug for leapback!!

Last edited:
So after watching last night's episode I am more than convinced that AI is a popularity contest rather than a talent show. Syesha and Carlie were by far the best performers the night before, but both ended up in the bottom two. I knew that after Michael got voted out that Carlie wouldn't last long either, you just can't have a foreigner win American Idol!

tina_als_girl said:
I'm rooting for David Cook to win. I really like Brooke and Jason, but as each week goes by, I'm finding myself more and more enamored of David C. And no, it isn't because he's from around here. :)

Joy
I agree, Joy. David C has grown on me (losing the "bedhead" look didn't hurt). Listening to Music of the Night really showed me how nice his vocal tone is. But I did buy Memory and You Must Love Me. The Tuesday night performances by Jason and Brooke were less than stellar, but the full versions are pretty wonderful.

American Idol has always been a popularity contest, and it amps up as you get to the last 10. Really, there's not much that separates the contestants at this point, so it's all about how big each fanbase is. I think it's much more noticeable this season because of the wide variation in styles. To make it not be a popularity contest, you'd either have to leave it completely up to the judges (two of whom seem to be in their own competition: to be the most nonsensical person on the planet), or change it to a "vote off" format like Survivor, which would be painful and not very fun to watch.

I keep cruising by "American Idol Extra," a truly vapid post-Idol cable show hosted by a guy who has about .25% of Seacrest's personality - just to see if Michael Johns will show up for a chat. He's so mature and down to earth about his new found celebrity and the whole thing, it's a joy to listen to him. I hope he gets a full song to do on the finale.

I was telling my mom throughout the whole episode that I hoped David C would do Music of the Night. But what I was expecting was a rock version; I was pleasantly surprised to hear him do the Gerard Butler/movie style. He definitely showed his range with that song.

And I really liked David A's rendition of Think of Me. It seemed like such an out-there choice when they announced it, but he really pulled it off. I could totally see that song doing well as a pop ballad on the radio.

All in all, I just really liked having the ALW night; he's written some of the greatest Broadways songs ever. Music of the Night is my personal favorite; I knew that song before I'd ever even knew about Phantom of the Opera.

Joy