People you would like to see Sam leap into?

Someone on fanfiction.net stole my QL Crossover idea...crossing it over with Twin Peaks...though I would've made Sam leap into Agent Cooper...or Leeland...:)

I have started just barely that is a crossover with Charmed. I leaped Sam into Piper the middle hallawell sister. This was back when I barely new past season two though so i have to change it up completely. although I am busy with two others at the moment that are more important to me because one of them is going to be a VS nomination or so I hope. So i wont work on it for a while.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
funny how so far out of all the people that have listed leap ideas in this convo I am the only one that has thought of the figure skater. hehe :)
I had covered this in a group fanfic we wrote sometime back, where Sam leapt into Olympian Lynn-Holly Johnson on the film set of the James Bond 007 "For Your Eyes Only"

mstalanon said:
I had covered this in a group fanfic we wrote sometime back, where Sam leapt into Olympian Lynn-Holly Johnson on the film set of the James Bond 007 "For Your Eyes Only"

I THOUGHT I remembered such a fanfic! Glad I was not just imagining it.

I should have known it was yours Matt. Your stories rock.

mstalanon said:

ok well thats far from my idea.

NBC Board member in charge of QL's cancellation

That would be truly scifi! Sam leaping into a parallel universe. There's a difference between parallel universes and AU's. Think of Parallel universes as lines. Parallel lines never intersect which means what happens in one universe can never happen in another. Alternate universes are a heck of a lot closer to being sci-nonfiction seeing as how those are based on the choices that we make verses the ones we never made or won't make in the future. In Stargate SG-1, Star Trek, Sliders, etc., they refer to or travel to "parallel" universes when they're actually alternate universes. Lt. Worf in a Star Trek: TNG episode, "Parallels" gets pushed into several different alternate universes. Dr. Daniel Jackson of SG-1 goes to an alternate reality and Dr.(non-military) Sam Carter travels to SG-1's earth(the one that we're familiar with) along with Major Kawalski.

In conclusion and back to the original topic, that would be an interesting episode to read or watch and a heck of an headache to write. :banghead :banghead

How about Sam leaping into Dr. Jackson in a crossover fic. ;)

~Steve

P.S. I like Dermy's suggestion. The Pope. :lol

I'd like to see sam leap into a firefighter and the thing I would have liked to see was more of a subjuect then anything else.

The show delt with a lot of serious issues that I think in some ways helped to shape people, but one issue that they could have brought to light that they didn't was AIDS. I think with everthing that was going on then they could have made a diffence.

i d love to see him leap in madonna lol now that would be interesting,or michael jackson when he was accussed for childs malesting.
or imagine this.LEAPING INTO HITLER.YACK

The Hitler idea is actually pretty good. He certainly could do it as he leaped into Al in 1945. Hitler committed suicide that same year.
I think that Sam leaping into Jimmy Carter during the Hostage would be very interesting, too. What do you think about a 911 storyline? Maybe as one of the victim's family members or survivor?

leaper said:
i d love to see him leap in madonna lol
funny thing actually that you should mention this. my best friend let me borrow her book "Another Time, Another Place" which is about behind the scenes of QL and there was a part where they said they wanted to to an Episode around Madonna but they needed her permission because she's a living celebrity and she said no.

ziggysego said:
Wouldn't it be a surreal episode for Sam Beckett to leap into...... Scott Bakula!

If my Swiss cheese memory serves me right that one has been done, Dermy!
I believe it was Colorado Helen who did a story where Sam leaped into Scott filming an episode of QL!!!! Talk about nature imitating art imitating nature...
well you get the idea.

There have also been several fanfics where Sam has leaped into other characters that Scott has played, such as Emma's brilliant "When Harry met Sammy" where he was Harry D'Amour, and two or three where he has been Peter Hunt from Murphy Brown.

leaper1 said:
There have also been several fanfics where Sam has leaped into other characters that Scott has played, such as Emma's brilliant "When Harry met Sammy" where he was Harry D'Amour, and two or three where he has been Peter Hunt from Murphy Brown.

I love Harry! Is this story online somewhere? I'd love to read it.

leaper1 said:
If my Swiss cheese memory serves me right that one has been done, Dermy!
I believe it was Colorado Helen who did a story where Sam leaped into Scott filming an episode of QL!!!! Talk about nature imitating art imitating nature...
well you get the idea.

yes, she had him leap into Scott in the set of Ql, and I loved it so much that I immediatly sent it to my best friend :)

I would like to see him leap into Father Jack off 'Father Ted'. If his mind didn't merge to make him shout DRINK!, it'd be giving Ted and Dougal a break from the original elderly alcoholic priest.

LadyKayoss said:
I love Harry! Is this story online somewhere? I'd love to read it.

I, um, kinda never finished it! Helen always used to beta my fic (which NEVER, ever got finished). I do have a Quantum Leap/Buffy crossover that is completed (at least in long hand) and I WILL get around to typing it up one of these days ...

Y'never know, I might actually finish some stories for the big QL zine we want to publish for the convention!

*A jockey. Imagine Sam leaping in just in a moment when horses are on the track racing.

*Or a show jumper in the competition (leaps in right before it's his turn and the previous one just finishes).

Those lines were spoken by a horse fan and a horse owner... :D