Is it possible??

RManstooth

Project QL Intern
Feb 25, 2008
It is my understanding that the imaging chamber is a cavernous room. Is it possible that Sam could ask Al's help to go five miles up the road that Sam is walking down to scout the area for him or does Sam have to get closer in order for Al to be in the same vicinity. Sort of similar to a leash on a dog.

ding ding ding... you are correct. Al can move for as many miles as he needs to within the confines of the Imaging Chamber. No matter how many miles it is. It's not a matter of space so much as it is time, after all.

RManstooth said:
It is my understanding that the imaging chamber is a cavernous room. Is it possible that Sam could ask Al's help to go five miles up the road that Sam is walking down to scout the area for him or does Sam have to get closer in order for Al to be in the same vicinity. Sort of similar to a leash on a dog.

In the series, yes, Al could seemingly be centered in any distance just as long as Sam was in the timeline. What would have made more sense, however, is if there was a limited radius (similar to Déjà Vu) as to the amount of area Al could cover as his presence was dependent upon Sam's brainwaves.

I don't think they ever said if there was a limit to how far Al could move. But they never tried to position him more than a few miles from Sam. I think there is a limit. We just never found out what it was.

What would make more sense would be if Al could only see what Sam is able to see, because of their linked brainwaves... however that would make it impossible for Al to keep tabs on everyone else...

Actually, I think that Al can go anywhere in space and time, not dependant on whether Sam's there at all. I would explain further, but I've gotta go now, sorry.

but remember computers are only as good as their programmers, and well ,fathers too. you see in leap back when "center me on suzanne" and well, sam was a little too late when al was knocked out by clifford. glitches happen 'cause s-it happens.