Old 03-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Default QL Season 4 (R1) Who's actually getting it?

Just wondering--who's actually going to buy Region 1 Season 4?

I'm debating about doing what I did with 3 and buying it off of eBay so at least UNIVERSAL doesn't get *my* money.

It's a technicality, but I'm going with it.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #2
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

I'm planning on it, but with a plan tho. I'm gonna get the R1 for the seasons as i save up for a regions free player which i will prolly use in college and then buy the R2 then sell my R1s.

27 days to go!

Samantha Beckett
Old 03-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

already did. i ordered it on Ebay in Jan.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:58 AM   #4
QL Nut
Project Observer

I'm going to wait 'til enough members end up buying it, then I'm going to say I plan on getting it and not do anything about it, and then my girlfriend is probably going to end up buying it for me anyway, as a gift. (Seems to be the pattern each time.)
Old 03-02-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
JuliaM
Project Observer

I've already ordered it. To me, the music issue is really a non-issue so the R1 set is more than fine for me. I see no reason to go through the extra expense that would be necessry to get the R2 sets. I watch QL for the story lines and, frankly, could care less about the music for the most part.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

I THINK I already ordered it off Amazon.com
Al's Handlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

I'm going to, since I don't currently have the money for a region-free DVD player or the importation of R2 DVDs. But if they cut "I Want to Know What Love Is" from Temptation Eyes, I am seriously going to Best Buy and picking up a CD with that song so I can play it whenever I watch TE...
Old 03-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
bluedana
Accelerator Technician

I am. To me, the music is a non-issue as well. It's worth it to see the episodes un-cut and un-interrupted.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #9
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKayoss
I'm going to, since I don't currently have the money for a region-free DVD player or the importation of R2 DVDs. But if they cut "I Want to Know What Love Is" from Temptation Eyes, I am seriously going to Best Buy and picking up a CD with that song so I can play it whenever I watch TE...
Good idea! The music issue isn't a big thing with me either. I don't remember what song goes with what episode, there are some I had never seen prior to seeing them on DVD so I didn't notice. There are a few exceptions, "Georgia on my Mind" from MIA, and "I Want to Know What Love Is" from Temptation Eyes...there will be tons of socks thrown at my TV is they screw with Temptation Eyes, lol

Samantha Beckett
Old 03-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Beckett
Good idea! The music issue isn't a big thing with me either. I don't remember what song goes with what episode, there are some I had never seen prior to seeing them on DVD so I didn't notice. There are a few exceptions, "Georgia on my Mind" from MIA, and "I Want to Know What Love Is" from Temptation Eyes...there will be tons of socks thrown at my TV is they screw with Temptation Eyes, lol

Samantha Beckett
haha allow me to bring my many mismatched socks and join you if it be needed lol.
and also i believe that season five has some significant music such as the song the woman in teh bar sings in "Nowhere to Run". or so my best friend and i think, so hopfully they will leave it too, when the time comes anyway.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Old 03-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
feldon30
Forum Technician

My brother has been sending them to me as gifts. I don't have the heart to tell him that I am thinking of putting them on eBay and getting the R2 ones.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #12
Emz
Waiting Room Visitor

Uh! You guys are so lucky! Right now I wish I lived in america, or had a R1 DVD player and a way of getting my hands on the R1 DVD set!

Hearing you talk about getting Season 4 in just 27 days, is making me pull my hair out! I have to wait till June! June I tell you!
But paitience is a virtue, just one I haven't got at the moment! lol.

I think it's kinda wrong that you guys get all the good stuff before us. I think all release dates should be the same, regardless of what country you live in!

Well I will have to bite my lip and just wait, and hopefully it'll be all the more worth it when it's finally in my clutches.

Take care for now guys. xxx
Old 03-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #13
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emz
Uh! You guys are so lucky! Right now I wish I lived in america, or had a R1 DVD player and a way of getting my hands on the R1 DVD set!

Hearing you talk about getting Season 4 in just 27 days, is making me pull my hair out! I have to wait till June! June I tell you!

I think it's kinda wrong that you guys get all the good stuff before us. I think all release dates should be the same, regardless of what country you live in!

Well I will have to bite my lip and just wait, and hopefully it'll be all the more worth it when it's finally in my clutches.

Take care for now guys. xxx
don't worry you are not alone, i have trouble with pacience as well. the first date for season four's release was initally, december 13 05, but then when i found out it was pushed back to March 28, 06, i nearly pulled my hair out too. hehe. but now it's soooo close i can't believe it.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #14
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

I am of course getting it for the website

I'm also running a DVD giveaway contest (provided Universal gets back to me soon), so some of you may get a chance to win a free copy (or three)

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #15
QLfan5875
PQL Visitor

I already ordered it!!
The music issue isn't a big deal to me.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #16
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsplacebartender
I'm also running a DVD giveaway contest (provided Universal gets back to me soon), so some of you may get a chance to win a free copy (or three)
Sweet, Brian!! That's awesome, give us details when u get them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emz
You guys are so lucky! Right now I wish I lived in america, or had a R1 DVD player and a way of getting my hands on the R1 DVD set!

Well, we may get it before you, but our music is screwed up. You wait a few months later, but you get a DVD with all the original music. I'd wait a few more months for the music.

Samantha Beckett
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #17
Debra
PQL Visitor

Thumbs up I have ordered mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck
Just wondering--who's actually going to buy Region 1 Season 4?

I'm debating about doing what I did with 3 and buying it off of eBay so at least UNIVERSAL doesn't get *my* money.

It's a

technicality, but I'm going with it.
I'm ready for the fourth one. I ordered it ahead of time. I haven't watched any episodes since 2004 and have seasons 3 and four waiting for me.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #18
Clara5
Control Room Technician

I know I'm not getting season 4... There are many factors, one of which is that I have NO loose money right now, and the other is that the music is definately an issue for me...

But all of you, feel free to get it. I might participate in the giveaway, so maybe I'll win one... Who knows?

Clara
Old 03-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #19
Pbryant_knight
PQL Visitor

I'm gonna wait for the region 2 version........that way i won't need a multi region player

Peter

Do you like Knight Rider? - then visit knightrideruk.co.uk
Pbryant_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:16 PM   #20
Al The Observer
Observer's Aid

I guess I'll go ahead and order it now. I have two CDs on my Amazon list, and I can get free shipping on them if I spend $1.04 more. Then I can get free shipping on Season 4 when it is released, and one day, I'll have a surprise in my mailbox!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #21
Katar
Waiting Room Visitor

I'm sure I'll get the set. I have the first three and can't wait to see the season finale for season 4. That was a great episode, especially when Roddy McDowell pops in!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #22
mstalanon
Assistant to Gooshie

I'm getting the UK versions for Season 2 on. I've been hoping that Universal would pay attention to those of us that were screaming and yelling about the editing of the shows.

When I want the DVDs, I want them THE WAY THEY AIRED!
Sheesh, give me TIVO anyday!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:23 AM   #23
Al The Observer
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al The Observer
I guess I'll go ahead and order it now. I have two CDs on my Amazon list, and I can get free shipping on them if I spend $1.04 more. Then I can get free shipping on Season 4 when it is released, and one day, I'll have a surprise in my mailbox!
I'm glad I waited. It said I could get free shipping on the two CDs if I spent $3.08 more. I saved $2.04! Plus shipping! Now I'm waiting for my surprise.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:33 AM   #24
MrVestek
Imaging Chamber Technician

Again people you don't have to buy a region free player... most set top DVD players can be hacked region free.