Favorite Sit Coms

scaperfan

Project QL Intern
Dec 8, 2009
I figured this could be a cool place to talk about funny shows unrelated to QL. Let's talk about our favorite comedies be they sit comes or traditional in this section. Past or Present.

I'll start it off, a comedy that I have found to be very funny recently is Glory Daze on TBS. I watched the pilot at the marketing company I work for when the campaign was picked up from the folks at Turner. When you see actors like Brad Garrett, Tim Meadows, Cheri Oteri show up, you know the episode will be priceless with lots of laughs.

If you missed the boat on Glory Daze it follows the awkward, misadventures of four freshmen as they navigate college life. The guys agree to check out fraternity houses and end up at the steps of Omega Sigma. Intrigued by the fraternity’s cool factor, their fate is sealed. They begin a journey that will make a lifetime of memories.

If you missed the crazy times due to your own college adventures, catch up by visiting TBS's Glory Daze page.

The Big Bang Theory (I would guess the characters in that ar QL fans too, but can't qoute any direct references).

We don't get a lot of sitcoms in Australia that aren't repeats of the once watchable Two and a Half Men, but I cannot stand that show now (I started hating it before Charlie left, in case anyone cares). lol

2 Broke girls is funny at times, but I really wish they would get rid of Jennifer Coolidge's character Sophie. She is so loud, and grating and revolting to look at in any way. She detracts from the funniness of the show, and they do NOT have that much funny to spare. Yes, Kat Dennings is hot. I know. No accounting for taste thoug, is there.

Modern Family looks pretty funny whenever I see it, but my wife hates it

Red Dwarf hasn't been on air for years, but that and Blackadder are the only sitcoms that come close to BBT.

Off topic riff....

What's with all the chicks in TBBT these days (da dun)? I really feel the new relationship dynamics are slowly sucking the life out of what is at once the cleverest and silliest show on TV. Even Raj gets a girl now (dun dun dun dun)? Hell no! I cannot be alone in thinking if Sheldon and Amy get jiggy with it, it's Shark Jump time.