Quantum Leap: Season 4 (R1) on DVD March 28th, 2006

Sam Beckett Fan said:
so do i, but universal has always been cruel to us with Ql, so dont count on it.

Yes,I think so,but maybe Universal will put the most important music like:
"I want to know what love is" by Foreigner episode "Temptation Eyes"
I really hope so!!!:b

Sermon said:
One would think that Universal (who do have a great back catalogue of great TV-series) would actually put a lot more care into their releases, but they're clearly only in it for the money.

Sermon, I agree with your basic point, though I'm going to quibble over some phrasing just for the heck of it. :)

Of course Universal is in it for the money. All companies, whether studios or not, are in it for the money. I'm not expecting Universal to run a charity operation.

But Warner Bros. is also in it for the money. And what they do? They release a "Wizard of Oz" box set that's so comprehensive, it includes all previous filmed versions of the story. When it's time to release old Hanna-Barbera cartoons, they contact the fans to try to track down some old footage that they know exists but that they don't have in their archive. They include linking segments from the cartoons, some of which are being seen in color for the first time ever.

Warner's gets Joel Schumaker to record a commentary for the travesty that is "Batman and Robin," actually apologizing for the wreck he made of the movie.

Warner's is releasing a Superman box set in June, which includes the original theatrical cuts of all the movies, Richard Donner's director's cut for Superman II (as opposed to Richard Lester's theatrical cut, which is the released version), etc., etc. All in all, the box set is crammed with so many goodies, it runs 16 discs long.

Universal is in it for the money. So is Warner's. But Warner's realizes that the way to make money is to give the consumer a quality product. And this is precisely why Warner's will get my money. And why Universal won't. :)

feldon30 said:
Warner wins most of the DVD production quality awards every year.

Yes, only they've just green-lit some really poor movies like Batman & Robin and Catwoman. Thankfully they're beginning to redeem themselves with Batman Begins and hopefully the upcoming Superman Returns.

I second that, Jennie... Disney DVDs (especially those 2-disc special edition ones) are just awesome.

The only DVDs I know that are much better than Disney's are Lord of the Rings'... ;)

Clara

french subtitles ???

hello,
the first 3 seasons came out with french subtitles, and it is not clear if it will be available on the fourth season.
If anybody have a clue...

WE NEED SOME DECENT BONUS STUFF!!!!

Commentaries, Bloopers, gag reels, alternate, scenes, promos, ad's, anything!!!

The fact that Universal hasn't even bothered in seasons's 2 and 3 was a shame, I just hope that they release season 5 with loads of features, to go out with a bang

Wally World Has Failed Me...

I can't believe it...my beloved Wal-Mart has let me down. I checked with them a few days ago to make sure if they were gonna get Season 4 in stock on the 28th.....and they wont! :( ALSO, they aren't getting in the video game that comes out the next day that I have been waiting forever for. Now, Ive got to go to Best Buy and EB Games to get them for more than I wouldve paid at Wally World. Sadness...

Samantha Beckett

Just make sure you go to BBY on New Release Tuesday and you won't pay *that* much more.

Samantha Beckett said:
I can't believe it...my beloved Wal-Mart has let me down. I checked with them a few days ago to make sure if they were gonna get Season 4 in stock on the 28th.....and they wont! :( ALSO, they aren't getting in the video game that comes out the next day that I have been waiting forever for. Now, Ive got to go to Best Buy and EB Games to get them for more than I wouldve paid at Wally World. Sadness...

Samantha Beckett
thats why i preordered it. i know ill never find it in target. i had to ask them to go to the back when i bought season three. or actually i did not ask them too they said that they only had it in the back and offered to get it for me. same thing though hehe.

and thats also why Wal mart is not beloved in my opinion. i hate them for a number of reasons. my econ teachers fault he made us learn about them. hehe.

anyway i cant wait to get mine in the mail. it shouldnt be long now. seven days! or ah eight?

Ok everyone...

I have gone through the Season Four DVD set and gathered all the episode menus and packaging photos!

I also watched the Great 80's TV Flashback and it does have a neat little segment on Quantum Leap.

Liberation is on there as well. I didn't have time tonight to test out the music but the disclaimer that music may differ from television version is printed on the back cover, so not much hope there.

There was also a coupon in there for $5 off Season Five which expires December 1st 2006... so Season Five is definately being released this year before Christmas!

Check out our Season Four on DVD page for all the photos and screenshots!

Last edited:
Original Music

alsplacebartender said:
Ok everyone...

I have gone through the Season Four DVD set and gathered all the episode menus and packaging photos!

I also watched the Great 80's TV Flashback and it does have a neat little segment on Quantum Leap.

Liberation is on there as well. I didn't have time tonight to test out the music but the disclaimer that music may differ from television version is printed on the back cover, so not much hope there.

There was also a coupon in there for $5 off Season Five which expires December 1st 2006... so Season Five is definately being released this year before Christmas!

I only have a question.This DVD have the song "I want to know what love is" by Foreigner. Please I really want to know.I hope that this DVD have this important song.

alsplacebartender said:
Ok everyone...

--- Yay! We get it even sooner than I expected! I just hope Universal put some bonus stuff on season 5 or I may become slightly less overjoyed then I already am..... :roflmao:

alsplacebartender said:

So, maybe there's something to the rumor of it being released in July, after all, since they usually give us several months to have the chance to use the coupon before it expires. Finally, I'll be able to see some of the Season Five episodes I missed!

alsplacebartender said:
LadyKayoss said:
So, maybe there's something to the rumor of it being released in July, after all, since they usually give us several months to have the chance to use the coupon before it expires.

Haha, watch it when season 5 comes out on like Nov 30th or something! :lol Wouldn't that just be typical? Hehe...

Samantha Beckett

DivadSB said:
I only have a question.This DVD have the song "I want to know what love is" by Foreigner. Please I really want to know.I hope that this DVD have this important song.

I checked for you, but unfortunately they have replaced it with generic music. I will say that the music they used does actually match the scene's romantic mood in this episode.

Sorry to bring bad news. If you want the episode exactly as it aired, wait for the Region 2 release in June. At least there's an alternative for those of us who remember and require the episodes to have all original music.

alsplacebartender said:
I checked for you, but unfortunately they have replaced it with generic music. I will say that the music they used does actually match the scene's romantic mood in this episode.

NOOOOOO! *throws socks at TV* :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Samantha Beckett

alsplacebartender said:

Sorry to bring bad news. If you want the episode exactly as it aired, wait for the Region 2 release in June. At least there's an alternative for those of us who remember and require the episodes to have all original music.

I called this one last year. This was the one I was worried about. It's Season 4's version of "M.I.A." I think that's just about the last straw for me. I'll suck it up and wait 'til June...:cry

alsplacebartender said:

Oh Poo! i just knew it, i did i did i did! :cry

Samantha Beckett said:
NOOOOOO! *throws socks at TV* :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Samantha Beckett

picks out mismatched socks and joins Claire in tears.

alsplacebartender said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Universal is really really really stupid this song was really important for this episode.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :censored :censored :censored