Think They Will Ever Bring Quantum Leap Back?

NeuroMason

Project QL Intern
Feb 25, 2007
USA
Ok, its about time that they bring back Project Quantum Leap! What do we have to do to make the networks realize this!!?? THE STORY ISN'T FINISHED!!! I know Deborah Pratt would probably want to do it as well as Donald Bellsario so im asking... "What do they want me/us to do in order to put pressure on the networks?" ... We should Start an Online Petition and everybody sign it!! lol.. id do it! ... you know, during the show they always liked to do "Kisses with history"... well, its been so long since the last episode that PLENTY of new interesting history/story plots have come and gone!!!! Lets use new "History" and breath new life into Quantum Leap!!!!!!!!!! Who cares about "JOhn and Kate" or "The Kardashians" (even though they are hot) :p ... I don't think the networks realize how much more of an audience they would have if they would do away with the crappy "Reality shows" and bring back a show like Quantum Leap!!!!!!... The only show thats on Television as of now that even remotely entertains me like Quantum Leap is "House".... If you took "House" and Add Time Travel and a Hologram with a handlink then you would just about have Quantum Leap! lol... ah well, im just getting tired of Waiting.... Ever heard the phrase "Back by popular DEMAND"?? Well, Thats what we need to be doing.... DEMANDING they bring back Quantum Leap!!!!!!!!!! :help

My Bad, ... lol how about this..

Ok, its about time that they bring back Project Quantum Leap! What do we have to do to make the networks realize this!!?? THE STORY ISN'T FINISHED!!! I know Deborah Pratt would probably want to do it as well as Donald Bellsario so im asking... "What do they want me/us to do in order to put pressure on the networks?" ... We should Start an Online Petition and everybody sign it!! lol.. id do it! ... you know, during the show they always liked to do "Kisses with history"... well, its been so long since the last episode that PLENTY of new interesting history/story plots have come and gone!!!! Lets use new "History" and breath new life into Quantum Leap!!!!!!!!!! Who cares about "JOhn and Kate" or "The Kardashians" (even though they are hot) :p ... I don't think the networks realize how much more of an audience they would have if they would do away with the crappy "Reality shows" and bring back a show like Quantum Leap!!!!!!... The only show thats on Television as of now that even remotely entertains me like Quantum Leap is "House".... If you took "House" and Add Time Travel and a Hologram with a handlink then you would just about have Quantum Leap! lol... ah well, im just getting tired of Waiting.... Ever heard the phrase "Back by popular DEMAND"?? Well, Thats what we need to be doing.... DEMANDING they bring back Quantum Leap!!!!!!!!!! :help8o:eek:hurray:

I do agree that I would really love to see Quantum Leap back on the air, and I'll be honest I find reality shows to be in horrible taste. I think that the only problem is that since the show has ended so long ago, there probably wouldn't be enough people dedicated to fighting to bring it back. When Family Guy went off the air, there were people that complained, and bought DVDs, and kept it up until Fox returned the show. I don't know if the same could happen to Quantum Leap, that's why I think the best thing to do is appreciate the episodes that we do have.

However, I agree with all your points, nonetheless! :)

Okay here's a thought on how I would if I would care to take on the project at least trying to revive QL (or the movie), first you need to find out who owns the rights to QL, even Scott doesn't know that these days. Than write them and ask them how many autographs they need to start considering it. Than make sure you get at least twice the amount so there's no doubt. And don't forget to save the email with the amount they requiered :lol

Okay, it's about time(no pun intended) that I say this; Am I the ONLY one who thinks that they should change the handlink to look more modern? I mean come on! In this day in age we do have handlinks(palm pilots,cell phones, etc.). So why not take a handlink from reality and make it look Quantum Leapish?

I tend to be a tradionalist in these types of matters, so I'd say no, simply because the handlink has a certain unique quality to it. However, you do make a good point about reality, I just think that the handlink has a "Quantum Leap" feel to it that goes with a lot of the stereotypical future motif brought in the show.

Ive taken my Handlink into the store before (usually cause im looking for parts to fit and work on it with so i need it for reference) and you should see the people stare at it in complete awe and wonder!!! lol.. Most don't realize what it is and so they think its a new phone or palm pilot or something that maybe they have never seen or heard of yet and they want to ask me about it so bad but... well... some do ask and some just wonder... lol..

I've heard tha apparently it's being turned into a movie. New actors as Sam and Al, with Bakula and Stockwell making cameo appearances.

Okay, it's about time(no pun intended) that I say this; Am I the ONLY one who thinks that they should change the handlink to look more modern? I mean come on! In this day in age we do have handlinks(palm pilots,cell phones, etc.). So why not take a handlink from reality and make it look Quantum Leapish?
Have you seen the Farnsworth Communicators they're using on Warehouse 13? They're like mini transistor radios with a round viewscreen, set in a giant metal Sucrets box, lol.

.... I want one.

While the movie will be cool, I'll miss Scott playing Sam and Dean playing Al.
Not sure they can recreate the QL magic the show generated.