Autograph Passes ??????

Avilos

Project QL Intern
Nov 22, 2008
Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I did not see a thread about this yet, So I will start one.

After reading both of the e-mails on this I am still a little confused.

Does the single $35 autograph pass cover signatures from all the signing guests? Including Scott Bakula himself? Or have the specifics of Scott's signing not been finalized yet?

Surely this should have been included in the Diamond Ticket?

I mean what did we pay extra for? Front row, entry into parties and thats it?

I am a little disappointed with this, although the money goes to a good cause.

Brad

Greetings from California!

I, too, am confused about this "Autograph Pass" thing...it appears from the "Events" page that we need to purchase the pass in order to even get into the room where the guests will be...I don't really want any autographs, but I would certainly like to see and perhaps photograph, some of the guests.

And I agree, this "opportunity" should be included in the two top tiers of tickets...just my opinion, but since this is my first post, I might as well go ahead and express it!!

MaggieBake

Hi all,

Yes there was much confusion over the pass that came out yesterday. I'll try and handle questions and concerns the best I can.

First, it does cover all signing guests that agree to participate in the Pass program. Some will not participate and will choose to sell autographs in the Dealers Room. This is Hollywood. However, our show's star Scott Bakula IS going to participate! His signature alone is worth the price of the entire pass. At the TREK cons, his signature goes for about $150 from what I have learned.

Many have shown concern that they won't be able to get more than one signature from each star. We had to limit it to one due to time constraints and because we know that our guest stars can't possibly sign 300-500 signatures all at once! Their hands might fall off. I know mine would. Try writing your name 300 times and see if it starts hurting lol. :)

We understand the confusion over which ticket levels gets what. Here's what the top two tiers get:

• Assigned numbered seat for entire weekend.
  • Your badge/seat number will determine your position in lines for participating guest stars autographs. Example: Accelerator Chamber tickets are numbered lower than Control Room tickets.
  • Free admission to the Friday evening party.
  • Free admission to the Saturday evening party.
  • Special rare 8 x 10 photo of Scott and Dean.
  • Dealers’ room early admission. Diamond and Platinum ticketholders may enter 30 minutes earlier than other ticketholders.
  • VIP registration line.
  • Souvenir program book.
  • Collectible tote bag.
Yes, the price was high for those tickets. Putting on a small convention (less than 500 people) is a very difficult thing to balance financially. Look at the two conventions that failed recently - money was the big reason. They tried to sell tickets at the door for $20-$50 and failed before opening or in one case during the event! We didn't want that to happen to this convention.

We wanted to put this on for as many fans as we could, but the reality is that we could not afford television commercials and the show is 20 years old with little hope of a revamp (or so it seems right now), so we could only estimate less than 500 fans for this. We hope this convention will help fuel the fire for a movie or series again - who knows? This is the reason the prices were a bit high. We have planned to be successful and can not fail as some have.

The top two tiers will be called first for autographs, should they choose to get an autograph pass. They won't have to wait very long to get in and back to the ballroom. This is a big perk most conventions don't offer at all.

They also get the 8x10 photo of which type usually goes for $20 to $50 at many conventions.

Of course both parties were included and early admission to the Dealers room both days so that they can have the best shot at merchandise.

Best of all, they're supporting the charity in a big way, helping make the lives of very sick children better.

Purchasing an additional autograph pass goes that much further to help that cause and we thank everyone who wishes to participate.

As far as photographs and seeing the guests, they will all be onstage at some point. You may even see them walking around the hotel grounds. Please do not hassle or crowd guests outside of the rooms, especially in the parking lot. But you may have other opportunities to get a photo as well as in the autograph room.

I hope this helps to clear up some of the questions. As much as we would have liked to give away a lot of free stuff to you, our new friends, we simply can not do as much as we wanted if this is to be successful. Thank you again for all your support, your friendship, your common love for our show Quantum Leap, and especially for your donations to a very worthwhile charity.

Still a bit uncertain whether it's $35 for each guest, or it's a flat-rate including numerous guests. I do like the idea of the bio-book.

It's a $35 flat-rate - so every guest that agrees to sign for no personal profit is included in that $35. So if - for example - twenty guests agree to sign under the pass scheme, then you will get twenty autographs for $35.

Scott Bakula is one of the guests who has kindly agreed to waive all appearance/autograph charges, and is signing under our pass scheme.

Some guests will be signing in our dealers room and levying a personal charge for their autograph, and they will not be included in the pass.

The convention book Emma mentioned is free to all ticket holders, just wanted to make sure that was also understood.

Again, it's $35 for the pass, which includes many of our stars autographs, including Scott's. You pay $35 one time, not for each star.

It's best to buy this ahead of time - after March 13th it's $50. Thanks, all!