A story

gelfling1220

Project QL Intern
Nov 1, 2001
New York City
www.angelfire.com
I had an interesting QL experience recently which I just thought I'd share... :D

The other night, I recieved a surprising phone call from my best friend. She's a casual QL and Enterprise fan, catching an episode here and there when she can. She sounded kind of excited when she called."Is there an episode of QL where Scott...I mean Sam... leaps into a talk-show host?"

"Yes... It's called Roberto!" I answer, vaguely surprised. I assumed that she wanted to borrow the episode, but I wasn't entirely sure. "Why?" I ask.

"Because I think I know someone who was in it." :eek

While I try to process that information, my friend goes on to tell me about how her co-worker is a former actress and who played bit parts in various series including Star Trek and QL. Apparently she was one of the random extra Roberto crew people. (The girl with the clipboard.)

My friend had apparently grilled her coworker on my behalf (*laugh*) to find out what it was like working on QL. "Even though she had a tiny part and was only there for a day, Scott was really nice and tried to make everyone comfortable. He was not just really nice - he was also a big flirt! He kept playing with her by throwing duct tape at her. (He did this about three times) Apparently they use duct tape for everything!" :lol

And here's the best part... she's got connections with folks who work with him currently and might be able to get an autograph! *grin* :drooler

sweetness

That's pretty cool! i love it when connections like that are made with people we know. A tiny bit off topic, but...

one of my best friends went to high school, and was good friends with the woman that played the suicidal secretary in What Women Want. She's been in other things too, but i don;t know what.

Always nice to get a human touch on Hollywood...

Re: sweetness

That is very cool. I think I'd be thrilled if Scott Bakula took enough notice of me as an extra to throw anything at me!

The girl who was the suicidal office clerk in What Women Want is also in The Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McGonaghy (sp?) She plays Jennifer's right hand assistant.