"...Chocolate Factory" Poster; NEW PICS ADDED!

tina_als_girl

PQL Security Staff
Jul 11, 2002
Missouri, USA
rjoyhelvie.carrd.co
"...Chocolate Factory" Poster; NEW PICS ADDED!

Dark Horizons posted our first look at the teaser poster for "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (CatCF), which stars Johnny Depp and opens next July. This poster is SOOOOO cool; I can't stop staring at it!!!

www.darkhorizons.com/news04/wonka.php

MAJOR EDIT:

The following pics were posted on IMDb... I am *SO* excited now!

img29.exs.cx/img29/8466/wonka2.jpg
img29.exs.cx/img29/6666/wonka3.jpg
img29.exs.cx/img29/5995/violet1.jpg
img29.exs.cx/img29/7347/veruca.jpg
img29.exs.cx/img29/1731/oompa.jpg
img29.exs.cx/img29/1683/augustus1.jpg

Joy

Re: Teaser Poster for Charlie & the Chocolate Factory!

:lol Wow... I'm feeling shades of David Bowie for some reason. I can't believe they're doing a remake of that movie: nobody will ever best Gene Wilder. Johnny Depp is sure to do a great job, nonetheless.

... Mike. ^_^

No one can replace Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka, true. But I do suspect Burton's version with Depp will be a bit more in line with the dark humor of Roald Dahl's writing.

Ah, the thing is, though, is that it isn't a remake. It's a new adaptation of the original source material (aka the book) rather than a remake of the old movie.

I read Charlie & the Chocolate Factory for the first time late last year, and I was so surprised at how much darker the book was compared to the Wonka movie I'd grown up watching.

I'm quite excited about this new take on the book, because Tim Burton has promised that the movie will be much more in the dark spirit of the book... which means it'll be *way* cool!

Joy

Yes, I assumed it wasn't a remake... I chose the wrong word there, I suppose. haha.

I read the book many years ago, before I even saw the Gene Wilder movie, and I agree, it is quiet dark! I love Roald Dahl's writing. :D

Someday, I will watch it for sure... especially since Tim Burton is always great fun.

... Mike. ^_^

I just hope my local IMAX theater starts getting some common sense and actually plays CatCF when it comes out next year. I'm not keeping my hopes up, though. My IMAX didn't even play Harry Potter 3, nor does it have Polar Express (which is supposed to be playing in *3D* on IMAX!) listed either. So, I'm definitely not hopeful, but maybe my IMAX will surprise me...

Joy

Mine surprised me so much that by the time I realized we had HP3 and tried to make plans to go.....it was gone. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for the Polar Express possibilities.....

I wish we had an IMAX theatre! :cry

You should move to my home city in Canada, then... :b I think we had one of the first in the world, considering IMAX was invented in Canada. I didn't know there were so many others: they even have them in Korea!

... Mike. ^_^

Thanks for the links to the pix, Joy!! WOW!

Those pictures are awesome. Oh, Johnny Depp looks so good in that costume! I think he'll make a great Willy Wonka. Thanks for posting all the links Joy.

Emily. :)