Ok... help... please... writers...

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Ok... I'll go ahead and do it... but it doesn't mean that I like it....

*falls on knees and puts her hands up in prayer style*

Please, you guys... if you want for The Virtual Seasons to keep going for the next couple of months we really need some stories. I know that everyone is busy with real life and all... and even the five stories that I have on my brain are not letting me write... I'm having MAJOR writer's block... so if anyone could please add some stories for this season... it would be fantastic... I'd be estatic.

You have to realize that with my move and the new job and not knowing exactly what to do... and trying to limit my time on the net and all that I've not been able to write as much as I've wanted. I know that other people have the same problem as I and for that I'm sorry that I'm asking... but I'm a desperate woman looking for stories about Quantum Leap.

Anyone?

A new writer could come out of this I'm sure and from what I've seen in the last few that have come aboard, namely Sue, Damon and Helen - and the scores that they got from the raters have been incredible.

So, I have 3 stories left after this week that have all been written by the same person and if need be we can air all of them in a row... but I need more stories.

Anyone???

And I'll appreciate it.

thanks

mj

I'll try to help out!

Hi MJ,

I'm working on two stories of my own and one in conjunction with Ruthie... it's just all about, like you said, getting time to sit down and write. -_- Unfortunately, I have to go to my third funeral in a week on Tuesday, so needless to say, I'm not exactly in a writing mood either.

I'll see what I can get done this coming weekend... my soul will need something to rejuvinate it after this depressing time I'm in.

... Mike.

Re: I'll try to help out!

Mike, don't worry about writing now... just deal with what you need to deal with and just don't worry about me. Okay? I'll say a prayer for you Mike... but thanks for thinking of me. Very sweet guy... awwwwww...

Ok... now I suck.

~MJ

Re: I'll try to help out!

I just joined so it might take a while, but I have a 2 part story kicking around my head...The more I think about how to move the story, the larger in scope it becomes...Unless I pare it down, it's gonna be a novel..:)...Been battling the flu, so once I get over it, I hope to spend some QT writing some QL on the WP...

School has had me pretty busy, so I haven't been able to do anything with my VS story for quite a while. I really wanted to finish it all on my own, as it's a very personal story for me... but I think that if I had someone to collaborate with, we could get it done faster. I have the main outline done... it's just fleshing out the scenes.

So, if anyone wants to help me work on my VS story, e-mail me and then we can get together on the Writers Approval Forum.

joy_cogan@hotmail.com

Joy

DeadZoneLeaper,
That's sweet of you as well...

Joy...
I know what it's like with school...

See... I knew that reality was going to be the downer this time.

Well, here's to hoping that something will happen and that the season will finish itself.

MJ

MJ,

I'll send you what I have on Thursday or Friday... it's not complete, and maybe you can tell me what I need to concentrate more on.

The SIZE of the story appears to be my worst enemy!

I can't work on it now, cause I'm on days at my job, and that's 12-14 hours commited... mon-wed. I will DO MY BEST to have it to you on Friday.

Best I can do, kiddo!

I do have a question tho that I might have missed in the Writers Guide:

I dont want to go into too much detail without giving away a story twist, but does Zoe have a last name, specifically a maiden name if not married? Or do I have free reign to give her one?

Also, should I submit an outline of the story first to make sure it fits the VS? I kinda have a chicken before the egg story and the ending I (or anyone else) could use as another story arc down the road...So if I need to submit an outline, where do I e-mail it to? The outline is about 8 pages long for both Parts combined...

I dont want to go into too much detail without giving away a story twist, but does Zoe have a last name, specifically a maiden name if not married? Or do I have free reign to give her one?

Uhm... er... uh... well... *pulls at shirt collar* Actually, Zoe is... dead at The Virtual Seasons and one of her kids, Tala, is somewhat locked up in a computer somwhere... uhm... so, I think that a last name wouldn't be useful anyway. I think that we had chosen Malvison (unless I'm thinking of a roleplay).

Also, should I submit an outline of the story first to make sure it fits the VS? I kinda have a chicken before the egg story and the ending I (or anyone else) could use as another story arc down the road...So if I need to submit an outline, where do I e-mail it to? The outline is about 8 pages long for both Parts combined...

If you have a story that is like that, then the best thing to do is to just send an outline to see if it fits in with what's been going on. That's the problem being a newby to the season is not knowing that... BUT... da da daaaaaaaaaah... we have a solution on the site called the reference page. It has all the summaries of the shows all there, along with the leap date and everything that anyone would like to know about that. :)

If you need anything else... please just email me @ mjcogburn@hotmail.com that would work. :) And, Lord knows, I hope that I've not scared you away. Please... don't leave....

And Matt... Coolness! I can't wait! :)

Thanks again,
MJ

I e-mailed ya the outline...And yeah, let me know if there are any inconsistencies or "continuity" errors...I did catch Gooshie's death and changed him to Sinjin..Originally I had the story idea while the final season of QL was airing first-run on NBC, so I tried to update as best I could...and don't be afraid to tell me if the story won't fit, some of my favorite episodes of QL wre ones that bent the rules a bit and my story ideas usually tend to go that route...

Actually... I'm more than a bit impressed with that outline. A 9 page outline that detailed and everything is very VERY impressive. And... well... I didn't see any problem with it at all. I think that it would fit in nicely with The Virtual Seasons and if you want to join the writing team you are more than welcome to do so.

And if you write those stories in as much detail as you wrote the outline... let me tell you this much... it's going to be an AWESOME story.

WRITE IT! If you haven't already...

Do so... I'd love to see it finished.

And thank you for sending it so soon. It's great.

Thanks!

MJ

COOOOLLLLLLL....I was afraid it might be too radical a story idea...Hope you understand now why I was asking for Zoe's last name...Im gonna try to start writing Friday (I have store inventory tomorrow...blechhh)..I envy those of you who can write out 4 or 5 stories at a clip..I can only write when a huge idea comes along...

Hey... your lucky... you have the idea all planned out and everything and you are going to work on it....

I on the other hand have about 5 stories that I could be working on and I can't even think of a thing to do with any of them. I'm in sort of a writers block at the moment and I can't think... and it's starting to frustrate me quite a bit.

So be lucky.

Writer's block is not fun... no siree... not fun at all.

:(

But then again, not being able to write gives me time to work on some pretty things that I haven't been able to do... or the audio that will be out pretty soon... I hope... and the what not.

So... I can't wait to see what you do with that outline and stuff.

:)

Talk to you later about it. Okay?

Night!

MJ

Sure thing...maybe one of your stories that you are having writer's block with can set up the military reassigning of PQL personnel so they know its coming...

Have a good night...looking forward to getting this 10 year idea outta my head (getting too crammed with other non-QL stories I never finished...:nut )...lol

I'm signing on from work.

my hard drive took a major (ahem) pooooo, and I'm having to reinstall all hardware. It's taking a while. Also, I lost SOME of what I did on the story. I still have most on a cdr backup...

give me a week, kiddo! SOWWY!

Matt (throws old 38 gigabyte against the wall!)

Sorry to hear that Matt and you didn't ask for a section at The Writer's Forums -- shame on you! I've lost some stuff in the past and that's exactly why I created it, for that eventuality.

WOW... you already sent me the first part!?!?

Damn... (oops sorry everyone... )

I'm just surprised that's all. I haven't opened the email yet. I need some quiet time to do that... so give me a few days. Okay?

Thanks so much!

Talk to you later... and yes, I'll email you. :)

Thanks!

MJ

Brace yourself, QLD,

I expect to have the rough draft for Part II done by Friday evening. That QL CD did the trick, although now I have heard it straight thru about 20 times in a row...:nut ...lol

Well, now that I'm back... sort of... I can finally respond to this post...

First of all, for any of you that might not have been keeping up with the TVS schedule, my "Second Genesis" 2-parter aired earlier this month and received very encouraging reviews. This was a huge deal for me, since it's my first-ever "published" story, and it also lays the groundwork for several future stories I'm formulating in my head, even as we speak.

Second, I believe I might have another story, possibly two, for MJ, sooner than later. I now know what direction I'm going to take this first idea in, and believe me, it's another doozy! :bat And I'm NOT giving away my surprise ending either, not even to MJ! :b All I'll mention is the working title:

"Post Traumatic Leap Syndrome"

(I sort of got that from an episode of Sliders, but it's such a great title and it "fits" in with the mental psychoses that Sam will be undergoing throughout... heh, heh, heh...)

The second idea... well... we'll have to wait and see what MJ and AJ think of it, since it's basically an idea I've had for about 8 years now. It would need to be retooled just a bit to fit with TVS continuity... and it might also tie in with another upcoming project that will probably be announced within the next month or two...

Very cool. I hear ya on the re-tooling thing... My story idea for MJ is over 10 years old. Had to make a ton of changes when I found out Gooshie was dead. I think I fried my brain writing that 2 parter in one week. Hopefully, I still have ideas (somewhere)...