BETH updates

McDuck

GizmoDuck for PQL Security
Staff member
Jun 4, 2004
Duckburg
"Beth" is a fanfiction I began writing when I graduated from college in 1995. I've worked on it off and on since then. Last year I began posting it at fanfiction.net.

The summary is: "Just when all hope seemed gone, Beth Calavicci had a most unusual visitor. Picks up where MIA and Mirror Image left off and offers glimpses into life for Beth and Al from that day forward."

It's written in the first person from Beth's point of view (with the exception of the prologue <g>) and each chapter is a separate date.

Click here to access the first part of "Beth"

I will post in this thread as I update it.
Just discovered this initial post is editable with the transfer to the new forum!

12-24-2006: Chapter 35--Thursday, April 22, 1982 now posted.
12-1-2023: Chapter 45 posted!
(Holy hiatus, Batman! Lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashe and QL Damsel
wonderful!!

Heya Jennie! I just wanted to drop a note to tell you how much I am enjoying the story.

Personal things got in the way of what's happenin' in my life, but the FIRST thing I wanted to do was catch back up with Al and Beth and what's going on in their lives...

The girls are PRECIOUS!! I am sitting here laughing with joy thinking of what they are like! The final story about the carpet burns on Theresa was just fantastic... and the makeup incident was so real it was hysterical!

Keep it up... :bow :bow :bow :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

hugs!

Matt

Thank you!

Thanks, Matt! I can't tell you how pleased it makes me to hear that you are enjoying the story so much. I'm also glad that you find the girls so endearing; it's been a lot of fun developing their personalities, as well as coming up with scenarios for them in addition to Beth and Al. :D

Thanks, Sarah. It's been the upside to not working since Katrina. I've had writing time. ;) I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I hope to get a new chapter up in a couple of weeks.

Wow. This has been so much fun to read. I used up most of my shift reading chapters 1 through 18. It's almost the end of my shift now, but I do have a reason to look forward to returning to work tonight: Chapters 19-27!
Thank you so much!:hurray:

Latest Update

Jennie:

As always, Beth is soooooo good. Anyone who hasn't experienced this piece of FanFiction should check it out. As Al the Observer said, it's definitely something to look forward to!

I hope to see you in chat again now that Lent is over!:angel

Wonderful as always!

Thank you, Jennie. Nice gift for the end of May. Loving this story!

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Wow, just read the 30 chapters across two days - I'm hooked! The kids are so sweet.
I started reading this after finishing "stardust" , which I enjoyed equaly as much, when i read the last chapter of beth i was starting to wonder if the two stories will tie in (even though its a split between an alternate universe ... or ... whatever), and Sam nursing Al back to health will be the thing that reunites the family... although i look back now and see that stardust was set in 85, and ch30 is in 82...
anyway, just sharing my musings

keep it coming
- Tess

Last edited:
Helen, Helen, and Tess....thank you so much for the kind words!! I'm so glad you're enjoying the story. And, Tess, I'm glad you enjoyed "Stardust" as well. Different timelines altogether, but stay tuned to "Beth"...

No updates yet but the latest chapter is in the capable hands of my beta's, so....watch this space. ;)

Great as Always

Poor Beth...driving with one child is hard enough...4 would be fantastically difficult!

Really enjoying the story. Looking forward to more!