Quantum Leap Convention.

leapme

Project QL Intern
Jul 26, 2009
Hi guys,

My name is Gianna for those of you who don't know me and I would like to try and get this Quantum Leap convention off the ground. I'm in Austin right now, up way too early and figured I might as well start letting you know what is going on. I waited with official announcements until I talked to Jay. Well Jay said get done what needs to be done and give me a call after where you got it done.

So here are the basic plans for this Leapcon. 2 days, same place, same hotel as in 2009. But this time just Don, Deborah, Scott and Dean. There will be no none profit company set up, instead I want to make sure I can pay for the hotel and a party planner to set the whole thing up. I need at least 20,000 dollars to get that done.

Brian has very generously offered his help with an official Leapcon webpage and Suzanne has offered her help rasing funds and I want to thank those of you who offered to volenteer in the survey's you filled out. But before volenteers will be collected I want to make sure we get the money together.

Suzanne will check in to kickstarted.com to set up the page for rasing funds there. I myself am rasing funds through beading patterns and we already have a total of 400 dollars collected as of right now and I will soon have some pictures available for download made of Scott at the Austin comic con. I sat 2nd row and got 30x optical zoom and made a couple of real beauties. :hurray:

When the con will be held exactly will depend on when we get the amount together. If we go over 20,000 dollars on kickstarter we can see if we can rent down more rooms for more guests to sign. But the basics will be the big 4 :D I think we should be able to do this within 2 years. Maybe even within 1. Fingers crossed, would love it to happen next year myself.

The reason why I decided to raise the funds first is cause I don't want sleepless nights over ticket sales being able to cover all costs for the convention.

As soon as the 20,000 is raised plan will officially be set in motion for further action contacting the guests and getting an exact date to make it happen.

I'm very happy to say though we already have several vendors at te comic con that offered their help to make this con happen.
I had hoped Dean would be present at this Austin convention, unfortunatly he was not but I will do my best to get them together one more time.

Well guys as soon as Brian has the webpage up, and as soon as Suzanne has kickstarter up, you can keep an eye on the finanical stats to see where we're at reaching that goal.

PS sorry for any grammer flaws, I'm Dutch and my automtic spelling doesn't seem to work on my laptop.

Hello Gianna
Such amazing news. I do wish I could help with the fund raising but I am without a job so that at the moment I am barely pulling money together for Christmas gifts right now and am not even entirely sure I will be able to attend this con as much as I long to.

Good luck, I want to see this happen so very much.
~ SBF

That is cool, and I will certainly do my best to be there and do what I can to help. I don't have a lot of money to spare right now either but I should be able to contribute something over time. It would have to be after the holidays. Hey, if Scott is going to be in L.A. it would take something totally catastrophic to keep me from being there. I wish I had found this board in the for the Con in 2009.

Well you guys actually can help just by spreading the news on your facebook pages, blogs, twitter etc... just by spreading the word :)

That is cool, and I will certainly do my best to be there and do what I can to help. I don't have a lot of money to spare right now either but I should be able to contribute something over time. It would have to be after the holidays. Hey, if Scott is going to be in L.A. it would take something totally catastrophic to keep me from being there. I wish I had found this board in the for the Con in 2009.

That should be "in time". Oh well, I'm sure you all knew what I meant. ;)

Hi Gianna,
Thats good news,I wish I could have been at the 2009 leapcon and will be gratefull to get a second chance. I hope you can get Scott & Dean together once more,especially since Deans getting up there in years. I hope Deborah will be there too with her props again. I keep looking at the photos of Al's starbright project badge and of course the handlink...I WANT THAT SOOO BADLY!
I hope,as you said,that maybe the funds could be raised in one year. Is the donation website already set up?