• Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
Origins
January 28, 1984

In 1981, Sebastian LoNigro witnesses a UFO landing and takes a glowing energy ball left behind. It later becomes the heart of SID, the main computer system for Starbright. Sam Beckett arrives to work at the project, and we meet all the characters, except for Donna. This episode contains the famous scene where Sam and Al meet as the drunken Al beats up a vending machine. Sam saves Al from being fired by threatening Agent Adams, saying that he will take his quantum reactor design away from the project if Al loses his job. He then promises to help Al with his drinking problem in exchange for the agreement. Sam discovers that the energy ball controlling SID has regeneration properties that allow rapid healing, but he, Gooshie, and Bobby keep that fact a secret from everyone besides Tina and Al.

Written by: Brian D. Greene

Rate and comment on the series premiere of The Starbright Project!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Brian, great job!! I really enjoyed the story, including the parts that relate to things that we saw in "Quantum Leap".

BTW, just one typo that I saw so far...

Al laughed. "Thanks. The color of the wrapper will go nicely with the new lingerie I got her." Al smiled slyly as Sam rolled his eyes. "You didn't hit on Tina, did you?" Sam asked, already knowing the answer.

Should be "Al" that asks the question, not Sam. ^_~

Oh, and when you say its, there is no apostrophe afterward (it's = it is, its = belonging to it; kind of like he's and his, she's and hers).

Just thought I'd point out the grammar to ya.

Again, awesome story!! I can't wait to write my own episode now.

... Mike. ^_^

LOL@Mike's grammar

Oh, and when you say its, there is no apostrophe afterward (it's = it is, its = belonging to it; kind of like he's and his, she's and hers).

it's = it is or it has; he's = he is or he has; she's = she is or she has(all abbreviations)

there is also a form of "its" like its color and its destination (when lengthened to "it is" it doesn't sound right)

Wonderful story BTW Brian, I loved it, can't wait for the sequels, teehee (wonder Y?)

Very well done, Brian! I noticed a few very minor typos, like no quotation marks where there should have been, but I won't gripe about it. Everyone's bound to miss stuff from time to time. Overall, I like the set-up and how it all ties in with the development of the future PQL.

I also think giving us pictures of who you had in mind for the characters was a nice touch. It made it a lot easier for me to get into the characters' minds, how to "read" for them and what not. I could "see" Ross' "evil" grin, just by knowing he's "played" by Kyle McLaughlin. *grin*

I'm intrigued as to the identity of Dr. L...

Ooo, hang on a second... actually, I think I have an idea! I'll keep my mouth shut! I suspect you'll reveal it to us in due time, Brian! :b

there is also a form of "its" like its color and its destination (when lengthened to "it is" it doesn't sound right)

Uhh... Sue? What are you talking about? "Its" means of or pertaining to "it", and is never lengthened to "it is". Believe me, I know my grammar! LOL :lol

I'm intrigued as to the identity of Dr. L...

You're probably thinking the same thing as I am, Damon! :rollin (Let's keep it quiet!)

... Mike. ^_^

I know Mike, but maybe I didn't quite phrase that as I would have liked.

I already emailed you Brian and gave you a thumbs up but again, Great Job, Man!!!! :D
Keep up the good work!
~RossAdams(Steve, a local user who should have become a Global User as RossBeckett)
My first posted message here.