1014 Second Genesis, Part II

Second Genesis, Part II

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Second Genesis, Part II
September 14, 1956

Edwards Air Force Base, Kern County, California

Timelines collide when Sam finds himself reliving a previous leap and is now joined by another leaper, unlike any he has faced before?a "rogue," who sees Sam's presence in time as a threat to human history. Can the Project find a way to prevent a time paradox that could unravel Sam's past?

Written by: Damon C. Sugameli
(Selected material from "Genesis" originally written by: Donald P. Bellisario)

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.8

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
This ep contains EVERYTHING I've always enjoyed about "time travel" fiction: parallel timelines, paradoxes... these themes which had attracted me to this type of SF well before QL even started on TV.

Being familiar with this, I wasn't at all "puzzled" with all the weird developments, "two Sams" and "two Als", etc. but I do admit that having a well-known background for the story helped a lot; so I could concentrate on the "paradox/parallel" part. Besides, at "QL-only" level, I'm impatient to read more about this Connors guy; I also loved the way Damon plays with the "Weird Ernie" character as we all remember him from Pilot & MI. Just GREAT!

This is simply one of the BEST time travel fictions I've EVER read, period. And thus, OF COURSE I'll also give it the highest possible rating i.e. 10. (if only rating it 11 was possible...)

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate SECOND GENESIS, Part 2 a 10 (This was an excellent story! It would be a top ten in ANYONE's list!) I don't give a 10 very often, but this story deserves it. I really hope that we see Connors and Sam lock horns again. Great job!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Once I started reading "Second Genesis" (Part 2) only the building burning down around me would have gotten me away from it.

The pace and timing in this episode was stripped down lean and right to the point, not a bit of superfluous 'fat' anywhere in it. And again, as in Part 1, the dialogue was dead center on point, and the balance of emotions was perfect, all the characters and situations absolutely believable. As for being confused...not a chance. (Well, I think I was getting a bit of a 'sympathy headache' when Stephen and Sammi Jo were trying to explain the paradoxes to Al... *G*) The lightning fast shifts between characters and/or their thoughts were beautifully handled, adding just that right amount of additional tension to the story, almost guaranteeing that the reader having once begun reading, would be unable to not finish it in one sitting.

But..."How good was it?" you ask. Let me answer you with a question: What comes after...fantastic, superb, brilliant and marvelous?

Let me put all of the foregoing in a nutshell: "Good things come to those who wait," and all I can say is, "Man, oh man, was this episode worth waiting for!"

Excellent work, Damon! I look forward to your next offering, no matter how long it takes you to weave the tapestry.

If it were possible, I'd give this episode a 12, but since I can't, it will have to settle for a 10.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
No comment given.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Damon, can I have your autograph?
You are way up there with JK Rowling and co - what writing!

I was checking the site hourly til part 2 posted, and couldn't wait to read it, been sneaking odd peeks in breaks at work and all sorts.

WOW.

You really had me on the edge of my seat, and weeping for poor 'old' Sam!
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful, and you have left it brilliantly open for yourself or one of us to reintroduce Max Conners and to go almost anywhere with the encounters. Worthy of Bellisario himself.
Kudos compadre,
I throw flowers at your feet.

:eek: Gosh, Helen... Thank you! Coming from you, that really means a lot!

I guess I should really take this time to thank everyone at Al's Place more than anything. Several of the chats we all had a while back about Back to the Future and Brian's "Mirror Expression" TVS story & Starbright Project concept were major inspirations behind this story. That... and being surrounded by excellent writers like Sue, Helen, MJ, Joy, Ruthie, Mike, etc. in their own right as well. Without knowing all of them, it might have taken many more years for my creative spark to light up again. This story was dedicated to all of you. :)

Thanks, everyone! (What a great birthday present this is for me today!) :D

(P.S. Consider both parts of "Second Genesis" as the first of the "Rogue Leaper" arc, which I plan on continuing at some point later on; much like the way the original "Evil Leaper" arc played out on QL. And for anyone who's curious: I would personally pick David Duchovny to portray Dr. Connors if this were an actual televised episode.)

(P.P.S. I'll try and come back to the Al's Place message board soon. I'm trying to figure out where to go on vacation for a week, so when I come back, I'll stop back in and say hello to you all... ok?)

Damon, this just shows you how far I've gotten behind with everything (what with computer & printer problems)

I have just this minute finished reading Part 2 of this very intriguing, tangled and very well written and thought out piece of excellence.

I gave it a 5 but if there had been a 10 or even a 50, then 50 would have been a very deserved rating.

EXCELLENT and I can't wait for you next story, even the title has me on tender hooks.

Kudos to you Damon for the initiation of the whole Max Connors "rogue leaper" storyline!:D Thank you very much for this exciting story. I was looking forward to it since this past October or November. I was right! This is a classic episode of QL.;) It reminded me, in part, of an episode idea that I created called Wheel Of Unfortune. Anyway, I really loved the references to a few time-travel classics such as Back To the Future, Frequency, and a personal favorite within TVS Mirror Expression. I really enjoyed reading this episode. And the song "What Will Be, What Will Be" being at the beginning was a nice touch!:D That song was sung by a drunk Peg Stratton in the hospital.:lol
My Rating as just a reader: 5
If I was a rater: 10
Thanks for keeping the leap alive and now I'm off to reading To Say Goodbye.
~Steve(aka RossBeckett)