Search results

1. jassian

And another one back at the bar

Hi Friends. It’s literally been years. 🙂
  2. jassian

Random Goofball Thread

Sometimes, I want to post something random, but don't really want to clog up anybody's thread. So here's a fresh one. Free for all as far as I'm concerned. :D
  3. jassian

Writing collaboration?

To all you writers out there, Anyone in for super slow paced collaboration? I for one work best in a team.:) Please email me if you're intersted. Info@jassian.com. I got a few screen ideas, probably youtube based, I'd like to bounce off people. Maybe work together? :hurray:
  4. jassian

Hope you are all well

Hi, Life has this way of keeping one very busy. Anyway, here's a note that all is well and I'm hoping you Lovely people are doing great! Would love to catch up some time. :)
  5. jassian

Short notice GCI? - PREVIEW included!

Anyone out here who can pull off some cgi in the next week? This is the scene: (kinda bloody, needs wounds and cuts) http://jassian.com/zajensound/zajen-cgi.mov the second and third last shots need nothing. If possible I'd need the red arrow turned to wood color, but the main cutting and...
  6. jassian

Own TV Pilot!!

Just had to share: My Master of Arts proposal went through. I'm going to shoot my own pilot episode based on a tv show I created! And I intend to sell it. (Doesn't mean I'll succeed, but you gotta try right!!) Of course QL was one of the big inspirations. And I'm gonna be a...
  7. jassian

attachment and extraversion

Hi everyone, My boyfriend is doing a research paper for his psychology studies and he needs a number of people to fill out a questionnaire. It should be from a variety of different people, and even though we all love Quantum Leap, we have different backgrounds and come from different age groups...
  8. jassian

web hosting ?

Hey Guys, a question for all the web gurus out there: (this may be similar to ohboy's question, but I'm looking specifically for hosting experiences) I'm helping someone set up a webpage for a small business, he'll want to sell through it, so the host needs php and some selling application...
  9. jassian

Which one to read first?

Which one would be a good novel to start with if I haven't read any of them yet? :)
  10. jassian

Movie Tips

I haven't seen a topic like this yet, and as many of us seem to share similar tastes in movies and TV, I thought it may be a good idea to have a place to share movie tips.:D Please be mindful to avoid spoilers. What seems obvious to you may spoil the experience for someone else.:p I'll make...
  11. jassian

reading the fineprint -Google gets copyright?

Thanks to Helen (leaper1) and others for teaching me to read fine print. I discovered this as I was about to sign up for a gmail account: "By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce...
  12. jassian

Research paper on managing a TV crew - Who can help?

Hi guys. Did anyone on this forum ever take part in a TV or film project (preferably something that was aired, or even just podcast) in a role that required you to manage the crew to some degree (Producer, Director, 1st AD, AD, even PM or PA or anything I forgot)? It can have been a very small...
  13. jassian

I'm graduating today!

Just wanted to express this: :hurray:graduation's 2.5 hours away!! YAAAAY! I'll get to wear the robe and hat and all :)
  14. jassian

Essay test reader?

Hi :help:D, Some of you have already helped me with my copyright essay last year, which was fun. :hurray: :bow Thanks so much guys! and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping out again. I'll have plenty of essays and papers to write this year, and maybe some of you do too. So...
  15. jassian

Please check out the Trailer

This is a trailer for the shortfilm I'm working on. it still needs music and fine tuning and screams "student production", but it's already quite viewable. http://jassian.com/hand-trailer.html enjoy, and please let me have the benefit of your feedback. :)
  16. jassian

Bed and Breakfast places in Manhatten?

Hi to anyone who knows their way around New York, I may be able to spend about two weeks in manhatten over new year, I will know for sure on thursday, and am looking for an affordable & reputable bed and breakfast. Any recommendations? Thankies!:D
  17. jassian

If you could Quantum Leap, but knew you would be stuck in the past, would you do it?

A simliar question came up in the meantime, and some answers may be similar, but I'm curious about this specific scenario. Also imagine that your Leaps would be specifically designed to suit your skills or sometimes lack thereof, just like with Sam, and you may never come back. To rephrase...
  18. jassian

Help me finetune my actor's website?

:wavey Hey guys, i've got clearance from our friendly bartender as I wasn't sure if this counts as advertizing (Thanks thanks!) I'm trying to get a presentable version of this by agents day (friday) and of course eventually a really amazing version. Some of the links aren't operational yet...
  19. jassian

how much was shot on location or on set?

If this was discussed before please point me in the right direction. Anyway I'm curious: How many of the indoor shoots were a location and how much happened in the studio? Just as a ratio. Also is the lunch counter in "The Color of Truth" the same location/ set as in "Mirror Image" and maybe...
  20. jassian

GERMAN questions, answers, grammar and anything related

Hey hi, Learning and practicing languages ended up becoming a bit of a topic. It's actually very QL, as Sam speaks plently of them. ;) So this is a separate German thread... because this is the language I grew up with, so it's the one I know the most about. (Be warned I'm not a teacher and...