Hannah

Timeless_child3986

Project QL Intern
Feb 11, 2023
What do you guys think about Hannah? What role will she play for Ben? I have a crazy fan theory. What if she finds a way to bring Sam home?

I'm starting to have some ideas about Hannah as well. Having her make a quantum accelerator, even with Ben helping I have my doubts that the technology *exists* that early for Hannah to use to make her own accelerator.

But what if she can make a device to do one or more of the following. Attract a leaper to her, send her to a leaper, detect leapers?

Perhaps she could even "piggyback" with an existing leaper somehow.

And all of those *could* end up leading to Sam and/or evil leapers.

There is another theory or two I'm playing with and that comes from the concept of both science *and* things we normally classify as mystic/supernatural being able to tap into similar things. Considering how quantum physicas involves some pretty reality bending concepts and that the original series does imply a similarity/connection between ghosts, angels, and leapers or at least that the stories about ghosts and angels may come from these concepts.

I have mixed feelings about such ideas - I've read stories where mystical content can and is treated as its own sort of science. The original series often had Al as the believer wuth Sam the skeptic who eventually convinced Al to be rational only to have a hmm maybe there IS a bit of truth to this myth/legend after all moments. There were a few times where Sam was the one leaning toward belief and Al the skeptic but the series left "the door cracked just slightly open" on everything from, ghosts, to mummies, to aliens, to bigfoot, etc so - maybe.

In the real world some of these concepts have more plausability then others but you never have to take every aspect of a myth or legend at face value fir some small part of it to be based on something real.

I'll use Aliens as an example - I am highly skeptical about most alien encounters whileat the same time I also feel it is extremely egocentric to believe we are the only life in the vast universe.

Here is the thing just because Aliens are probably out there does *not* mean we are able to enounter each other, travel to each other, or communicate.

Warp drives, worm holes, and even suspended animation for space travel are still very much science fiction. Then everything you detect in spance is on a really long lag so even if we wereto detect a clearly identifiable alien message tomorrow and send an instant reply or send a ship to its origin. A *lot* of years are going to pass before both sides know they have found another species out in the vastness of space. In fact the time lag could easily be so bad that the message senders have left only ruins behind.

So the real question is not do aliens exist, it is how common and close are they? And is faster then light travel real?

I don't have every answer but if leaping puts you into some sort of astral or spirit realm - It *could* work but sheesh could it fall flat also.

It would allow Hannah to tap into some Ancient Egytian way of leaping or something though.

Things to ponder

I have a sinking feeling that Hannah is going to be the Abagail of the revival. Whether that means Ben is going to become a Daddy as well remains to be seen.

I have a sinking feeling that Hannah is going to be the Abagail of the revival. Whether that means Ben is going to become a Daddy as well remains to be seen.

I agree that is a distinct possability - but she is also working on "unentangling quantum entanglement" so it might be a trilogy but if she is intended to be a series regular more is going to happen.

At this point I lost so many posts that I'm.not even sure what I've posted and what I haven't

I'd still like this series to explain why Sammi Jo matters though. GFTW sure worked very hard to create her.and then nothing. Although I read something about deborah pratt having a script explaining called timechild or something.

But my point being if this is Ben's Abagail - that is okay as long as it actually has a purpose but I'm thinking she has a way ti draw them together somehow - details to be revealed.

I agree that is a distinct possability - but she is also working on "unentangling quantum entanglement" so it might be a trilogy but if she is intended to be a series regular more is going to happen.

At this point I lost so many posts that I'm.not even sure what I've posted and what I haven't

I'd still like this series to explain why Sammi Jo matters though. GFTW sure worked very hard to create her.and then nothing. Although I read something about deborah pratt having a script explaining called timechild or something.

Since we know Sam was married to Donna (still is? The dialogue said "his wife" and not his "ex-wife") so I'd like to see her, even if it has to be in flashback. And, for the love, please Teri Hatcher if she's available.

But my point being if this is Ben's Abagail - that is okay as long as it actually has a purpose but I'm thinking she has a way ti draw them together somehow - details to be revealed.

I really hope there's a serious useful purpose beyond complicating the love triangle they've started, but his impulsive kiss towards her concerns me. Seriously, talk about a rebound girl....

I appreciate how this series continues to find unique angles to set it apart from the original and this might be one of the best concepts thus far.

The project themselves believe that Ben crossing paths with Hannah multiple times suggests that she could be Ben's true soul-mate and in addition/or I believe it possible that he was meant to find her and nudge her to pursue quantum physics because she is the one capable of bringing him and perhaps even Sam home.

We know that Tom obtained something that is at least believed to be the answer to bringing Ben home, but we don't know who developed it, could it be possible that it was Hannah's work?

As for the romance portion, I am on the fence. On the one hand, I feel as though Hannah can be good for Ben but I am concerned about the impulsiveness and the triangle that seems to be forming with Addison who expressed clear jealousy despite that it was she who left him for someone else (with understandable reason of course but nonetheless) and defended that choice to Ben with a little less of the consideration for his end that he was entitled. For this reason, his impulsiveness is understandable but is at the same time the cause for the concern. That would not be fair to Hannah.

(Side Note: Tom is either way too good a man or is clouded in a fantasy, I am feeling especially at this point that he needs to be more concerned about Addison's history with Ben and continued time alone with him.)

What bothered me most is when she thought he was going to live in that leap to be with Hannah like there wasn't someone else's life being shunted to accommodate his presence and preventing him from living with his own identity. Fucking stupid writing right there.

On that note, I wish there were more specific discussions on how Ben's leaping works. It's been heavily suggested that he's inhabiting the leapee's body as opposed to the exact opposite with Sam but how does that work especially if they are going to go the Abigale/Sammy-Jo route though I hope like hell they don't? What is happening to the leapee, there has been no mention of a waiting room or anything.

I feel more of a Tamlyn vibe but with a slightly more accommodating set-up for a soul-mate opportunity.

• Love
Reactions: alsplacebartender
Hannah may very well have worked on the DARPA project. She was working in NY at the time of the Cairo leap (1961) and she was chair of the Princeton Physics Dept in 1970. Plus she worked with Einstein. That's got to be enough of a resume to get a spot on that team. While Ian was working on the DARPA system, the screen had a year of 1967 which fits right into Hannah's history, plus it came into public right after Ben's Cairo leap and his last interaction with Hannah before the DARPA date of 1967. We'll see Tuesday if that's the case, but it's a definite possibility.