Australian Fans..........

SBakulaFan1

Project QL Intern
Dec 15, 2005
Just wondering how many people outhere in Australia are fans?? And what is your favourite episode? Mine is when Sam and Al swith body's, I can't exactly remember what happened so I'm just going to wait until they show it on foxtel, hopefully!! I'm also amazed how many fans there are out there in this world for this show. I'm the only one I know and apart from my family here in Australia that actually like the show!! :dreaming

SBakulaFan1 said:
Just wondering how many people outhere in Australia are fans?? And what is your favourite episode? Mine is when Sam and Al swith body's, I can't exactly remember what happened so I'm just going to wait until they show it on foxtel, hopefully!! I'm also amazed how many fans there are out there in this world for this show. I'm the only one I know and apart from my family here in Australia that actually like the show!! :dreaming

Welcome to the board! I'm not Australian, but I want to go there really bad. I'm having a freezing Christmas when you guys are hot, hehe. Well, you're about to meet a whole lot of people who love it too, you'll be more than welcomed!

Samantha Beckett

Welcome to the board SBakulaFan1.

I'm from the States, but I wanted to let you know that the episode you are talking about is The Leap Back. They didn't switch bodies, they just switched places in time.
It's one of my favorite episodes too

Yeah that's what I meant, oops. I didn't mean switch bodies I couldn't remember the term to use for that, thanks. Hope it's not to cold in the states!! It's hot here and raining at the moment. :D

SBakulaFan1 said:
Yeah that's what I meant, oops. I didn't mean switch bodies I couldn't remember the term to use for that, thanks. Hope it's not to cold in the states!! It's hot here and raining at the moment. :D

No fair...:p

Samantha Beckett

Aussie fan

Hey SBakulaFan1,
I'm from Brisbane, i've always liked QL, ever since it use to air on channel 10 when i was in my early teens. FYI my fav eps gotta b MIA (well of the eps i've seen lately thru watchin season 1-3 on DVD). I remember i really liked the Lee Harvey Oswald ep. (But QL aired a season later in Austraila and after it got cancelled, it was pulled from prime time and the final season aired at midnight - so maybe not many aussies saw the final (and i think best) season of QL)
Catch ya

Australian expert needed

Welcome to the board guys.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here.

I'm working on the fifth story in my set of five pre MI stories (being posted at www.fanfiction.net). It is in the early stages, and the location of the leap could be in one of half a dozen places, specified by something that happens within the leap which I don't want to reveal at this stage for fear of spoiling the story.

The top favorite location at the moment for a variety of reasons, is just outside of Perth, Western Australia.

I have been lucky enough to have experts in America to help me with my other stories, most noticably Jennie, whose local knowledge of New Orleans was invaluable to me when writing the VS story "Skin Deep".

I am really hoping that there is an Australian fan out there who can help me with similar local details for the Perth region.

If so, please could you let me know, either via this thread, or by email or PM.

All help will be gratefully received and fully acknowledged.

Thanks in advance

YAY for the Aussies!:hurray:
Yep, I'm from Sydney. Not sure what I'd classify as my favourite episode though, they're all awesome - I guess I like the angst of The Leap Home though. And the Color of Truth is a pretty good one too.
Oh btw, do any other Aussies have any info on when season 2 might be released out here?? I suspect we'll get the region 2 version with the music intact, so with the exchange rate the way it is at the moment, I'm not sure whether to order it now from the UK or wait for the fateful day when they finally release it here.

I'm from Melbourne. My mother got me hooked on QL when she taped every episode off Foxtel. My favourite episodes are the ones with the evil leapers. I also love "The Colour of Truth."