sparkyclarkie

Project QL Intern
Jan 17, 2008
Swindon UK
This last month has been hard work - single mum of two
ex being a pain in the neck
working two jobs

Just to name but a few things getting to me
However this morning having been woken up at 4.45am by my 2 year old and then not being able to get back to sleep. I was feeling more grumpy than normal.
With a mad rush to get the kids washed, feed and dressed all before 8.00 to get out of the door for school. We manage to get in the car for 8.10 and zooming off to school but then oh s**t ive left the mince pies for the school fate on the worktop at home. Just another thing to add to my failer list!

So we rush into school with all the good mothers that brought their cakes!
Off i go to drop the youngest off at the childminders so i can go to my second job.
Driving to work im so stressed by this point my heads pounding.
I go into work which is a house clean that i do once a week and have done it for about 4 years.
On the table was a note and written on this note was a message from their 12 year old daughter saying ' i made this for you to say thankyou for all your hard work over the years you do a great job' And next to the note was a candle holder and shed painted a snowman and put happy xmas on it.

At that moment in time all my stress went away and it was so nice to be appreciated. And i have to say that small but very significant gesture has made a big impact on how i think about things.
No more stress for me, lifes to short!

Wow. You must have been touched by that simple act of kindness. I read a report in the newspaper today that happiness can manifest itself onto other. If one person's happy, and shows it, that will make others happy as well. This is proof of that.

This is a really good reminder that we're all often way too hard on ourselves. I'm glad you see the note and the present helped you snap out of it. :) I for one am extremely impressed by you handling your workload in the first place!
*thumbs up*

Oh, that's adorable! I can't say more than what's already been said, except that I am so glad you posted this. I think it's amazing. I'm under a lot of stress myself at the moment, so I can relate!

Hey thanks you lot. Im still stress free. (even though my ex is being more of a pain than normal) And the best thing, because im less stressed my two girls are behaving themselves too. So good all round.
Oh and christmas is only 9 days away :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

6 now. =D And still quite a bit of stress for me! Though it's greatly lessened now school is over.