Where is everybody?

I'm here, but mainly I hang out on Facebook and GTalk (Google's built in chat that comes with your e-mail), along with AIM.

Maybe we should try to do a chat event on IRC or something. I know forums have a way of sending out an e-mail to all registered users, so maybe Brian can do that for us once we pick a day/time.

Admittedly, there have been many things that went on with me the past several years that drew me away from the QL community. I kind of used the forums as a crutch for a long time because I felt awkward in many social situations. As people I knew here visited with less frequency, I too felt less motivated to keep logging in every day. (Nothing against newer members that came along, I've just always had a harder time when it came to getting to know new people.) Plus, it just seemed like Universal really didn't care too much about Quantum Leap anymore. And other shows like LOST, Heroes, and Fringe came along, and I just started losing interest in QL because it seemed "too simple" and predictable compared to current shows. It adhered to a certain formula that never really changed or evolved, which many people prefer. Some people like shows/movies with concepts that make your head explode. I don't mind a healthy dose of both (if my TVS stories are any indication).

Once I met my girlfriend and discovered someone was as passionate about the series as I was, I started thinking about QL again. I brainstormed a few ideas to get it noticed again, but up until recently, I was starting to second-guess I'd be able to see the ideas realized. But now I'm taking the return of The Rod as a sign, not only for my project, but that the community will start coming out of the woodwork to support QL once more. :D

Admittedly, there have been many things that went on with me the past several years that drew me away from the QL community. I kind of used the forums as a crutch for a long time because I felt awkward in many social situations. As people I knew here visited with less frequency, I too felt less motivated to keep logging in every day. (Nothing against newer members that came along, I've just always had a harder time when it came to getting to know new people.) Plus, it just seemed like Universal really didn't care too much about Quantum Leap anymore. And other shows like LOST, Heroes, and Fringe came along, and I just started losing interest in QL because it seemed "too simple" and predictable compared to current shows. It adhered to a certain formula that never really changed or evolved, which many people prefer. Some people like shows/movies with concepts that make your head explode. I don't mind a healthy dose of both (if my TVS stories are any indication).

Once I met my girlfriend and discovered someone was as passionate about the series as I was, I started thinking about QL again. I brainstormed a few ideas to get it noticed again, but up until recently, I was starting to second-guess I'd be able to see the ideas realized. But now I'm taking the return of The Rod as a sign, not only for my project, but that the community will start coming out of the woodwork to support QL once more. :D

:bat

Surely it has been prophesized, The Great One's return will herald a new dawn for Quantum Leap...

I try to start a new conversation every now and then, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to go very far considering how few and far between people are visiting here now.

Maybe we need another convention to liven things up :p

I know I'm ready for a revival! (Especially of the virtual seasons, oh please please please??)

Actually, for the last couple of weeks or so, a story idea (for Virtual Seasons) that has been on the virtual shelf for a lonnnng time has started running through my mind. Think I'm gonna dust it off and see what becomes of it.

Eleiece

We're still here, we all just aged a bit and got families, less time to spend than we used to for some...
Some of us more than others. I used to have hair on the top of my head when I first joined many moons ago... or at least a lot more than I do now! :lol
I know I'm ready for a revival! (Especially of the virtual seasons, oh please please please??)
Ditto! It would give me the motivational kick in the pants I need to finally finish that damn story that's weighed me down for the past 7 years! :banghead

I had wondered the same thing. I think its a vicious circle,there aren't as many people popping in and those who do drop by start posts and don't see replys so they don't drop by as much.

Still I am glad this site exists and there are still so many people who have fond memories of this show.

Its hard to believe its been 24 years since this show debuted.I remember it when it was new and it doesn't seem that long ago. I want my own time machine so I can go back. :D

And other shows like LOST, Heroes, and Fringe came along, and I just started losing interest in QL because it seemed "too simple" and predictable compared to current shows. It adhered to a certain formula that never really changed or evolved, which many people prefer. Some people like shows/movies with concepts that make your head explode. I don't mind a healthy dose of both (if my TVS stories are any indication).
Funnily enough,that simplicity was one of the reasons that made me watch the QL.Cause I was too disappointed with the last seasons of Lost,Heroes..etc.
That and time travel.I have to admit that I began watching QL with low expectations and I'm glad to find the show happened to be beyond my expectation :D